It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kevin Rudds Family History - a Political Spin

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I was recently sent an email by a friend. The email contained the following information:

Exerpt from Article:

RUDD’S POLITICAL SPIN
June 2nd, 2010 | Author: Governor
Judy Rudd an amateur genealogy researcher in southern Queensland, was doing some personal work on her own family tree. She discovered that Prime Minister Kevin Rudd great-great uncle, Remus Rudd, was hanged for horse stealing and train robbery in Melbourne in 1889. Both Judy and Kevin Rudd share this common ancestor.
The only known photograph of Remus shows him standing on the gallows at the Melbourne Gaol:
On the back of the picture Judy obtained during her research is this inscription: ‘Remus Rudd horse thief, sent to Melbourne Gaol 1885, escaped 1887, robbed the Melbourne-Geelong train six times. Caught by Victoria Police Force, convicted and hanged in 1889.’So Judy recently e-mailed Prime Minister Rudd for information about their great-great uncle. Remus Rudd:
Believe it or not, Kevin Rudd’s staff sent back the following biographical sketch for her genealogy research:
“Remus Rudd was famous in Victoria during the mid to late 1800s . His business empire grew to include acquisition of valuable equestrian assets and intimate dealings with the Melbourne-Geelong Railroad.

Beginning in 1883, he devoted several years of his life to government service, finally taking leave to resume his dealings with the railroad.

In 1887, he was a key player in a vital investigation run by the Victoria Police Force. In 1889, Remus passed away during an important civic function held in his honour when the platform upon which he was standing collapsed.”

NOW That’s how it’s done, Folks!

Link to original Article:

www.hinterlandvoice.com.au...

Edit: ***Link to only known photo of Remus Rudd:

alsblog.files.wordpress.com...

[edit on 2-6-2010 by The_Seeker]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
LOL how very Australian!!
I have forwarded this info onto friends and family here in Oz...........
That is some amazing spin they've used there!
Thanks for sharing

VA

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
haha hilarious. Australia was started by convicts so anyone that didnt immigrate later would have a similar history.

Such is life.

[edit on 2-6-2010 by rajaten]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by rajaten

Do you actually understand what a lot of these so called convicts were charged with.
Here is a short story about some of the women that were shipped here.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

A little general history with regards to what some of these people were charged with:

www.convictcreations.com...

What your taught in school is not actually what has happened in real life.
We were not the supposed scum of society everyone thinks we were.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Sorry buddy, but it's a hoax.

This item is merely a very old bit of humor (dressed up with an accompanying photograph of train-robbing outlaw Tom "Black Jack" ketchum) which has been adapted into a "one-size-fits-all" political jibe — all one need do is simply alter the text by changing the surname to match that of the disfavored politician du jour, then send it winging around the Internet yet again. In May 2001, for example, another version featured George W. Bush...

www.snopes.com...

[edit on 3/6/10 by Chadwickus]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Dame it. It was sooo funny
Thxs

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by The_Seeker

Hey there Seeker...........

Amazing, isn't it, the perception that people in other countries have of us? LOL. But I suppose it is all about what people have been taught is fact. I don't doubt I am guilty of being misinformed about other countries too

I am wondering if you have ever read The Fatal Shore, by Robert Hughes? Fantastic historical account of white settlement in Australia.

Far better than any history lessons I received in High School.

Highly recommended for anyone who wishes to arm themselves with background on the early days of transportation to Australia.

Cheers,
VA

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Verum Astrum

Your absoloutly correct. No I havent heard of The fatal Shore, and I will definatly look out for it. As both hubby and I have an avid interest in Australia's history, especially our time served in Wars!
But yes everyone has been brought up with many a misconception about a lot of countries, good thing though is that it all seems to be coming out in the wash as such now.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Seeker
I was recently sent an email by a friend. The email contained the following information:

Exerpt from Article:

RUDD’S POLITICAL SPIN
June 2nd, 2010 | Author: Governor
Judy Rudd an amateur genealogy researcher in southern Queensland, was doing some personal work on her own family tree. She discovered that Prime Minister Kevin Rudd great-great uncle, Remus Rudd, was hanged for horse stealing and train robbery in Melbourne in 1889. Both Judy and Kevin Rudd share this common ancestor.
The only known photograph of Remus shows him standing on the gallows at the Melbourne Gaol:
On the back of the picture Judy obtained during her research is this inscription: ‘Remus Rudd horse thief, sent to Melbourne Gaol 1885, escaped 1887, robbed the Melbourne-Geelong train six times. Caught by Victoria Police Force, convicted and hanged in 1889.’So Judy recently e-mailed Prime Minister Rudd for information about their great-great uncle. Remus Rudd:
Believe it or not, Kevin Rudd’s staff sent back the following biographical sketch for her genealogy research:
“Remus Rudd was famous in Victoria during the mid to late 1800s . His business empire grew to include acquisition of valuable equestrian assets and intimate dealings with the Melbourne-Geelong Railroad.

Beginning in 1883, he devoted several years of his life to government service, finally taking leave to resume his dealings with the railroad.

In 1887, he was a key player in a vital investigation run by the Victoria Police Force. In 1889, Remus passed away during an important civic function held in his honour when the platform upon which he was standing collapsed.”

NOW That’s how it’s done, Folks!

Link to original Article:

www.hinterlandvoice.com.au...

Edit: ***Link to only known photo of Remus Rudd:

alsblog.files.wordpress.com...

[edit on 2-6-2010 by The_Seeker]

Some members have been banned for posting hoaxes, it would be good if there was consisitency in relation to this matter?
It is slurring the PM of Australia in my opinion this is bad form?
Surely you knew it would have been common knowledge in australia if it was even half true?
Hoaxing is supposed to be a Big no no on ATS

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Expired

I do apologize, but did not realize that this was a hoax. This was pointed out by Chadwickus, and in general the subject was dropped.

As for slurring the PM, Kevin Rudd, well he is an absolute idiot, and deserves all that he gets.
Even though this story is not true, he is in the public arena, and this is nothing in comparison to what other PM's and so on get, and to be honest, he truly deserves more as he is a very irrational man, and if that is bad form, then there are a lot of other people on this forum that you should also be mentioning that to as well.
And to be honest, No I dont think that it would be common knowledge in Australia. Kevin Rudd was a relative unknown before he came to power! And, IMO, and also after discussion with a few mates, family history was not a big thing here until very recently.
In fact our history is not even taught in schools here anymore!

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Fair enough , you tell it how you see it.
he certainly is trying his best to get booted out.
Perhaps he is a stooge?
But he is the PM so he deserves at least some respect?

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   

No I would have to disagree again.
We are one of the highest taxed countries in the world, and he is seeking to hurt his Citizens a lot further. Where does it stop.
I know a lot of other polli's did the same in previous times, but what he is doing is beyond a joke.
He is no longer just hitting the average householder with more taxes, but he is hitting large corps (which IMO only this is where he should go, Capitalism is disgusting), and in doing this, not only is he NOT going to lower the average household tax thresh hold, he is also talking about raising our GST to 12%... No this guy is NOT for the people, he has his own very real agenda, and his people are not on it

I am so glad that you didnt take my post rudely. It gets difficult sometimes to write what you feel without someone reading more into it! I was only just trying as you said, to say it as I see it with no offense to anyone. Thank you for your respect

[edit on 4-6-2010 by The_Seeker]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   

No worries cobber

I can see your viewpoint on rudd, but the standard of Politicians in the western world has eroded in general has it not?
I actually feel a bit sorry for Garret he must be hating the circus he is starrring in?
They are all lackeys are they not?

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   

God Garret seemed to be the biggest lackey of all. I know he had the information there, but as we all know he is a huge activist, what pushed him through all of this, why was it rushed the way it was.
He has very good, from POV only, idealistic views, but, wtf is going on with him implementing them. There seems to be more than meet the eye here, especially since Rudd kept him on after the whole scandal, what is going on with that in itself?

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Sorry trying to resond to your questions but my computer keeps playing up. I will try again tomorrow...

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   

I dont know about him being a lackey perhaps he ha sjust found out the real world is harder than singing?
Rudd iam sure knows Garrett is an Ex lawyer himself.
And you dont leave a lawyer to hold the smoking gun.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Talk about learning something new. I didnt know he was an ex lawyer!

top topics

join