It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS is WAY smarter than the MSM

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Watch that video about Gaza. They say those people aren't starving or living in poverty, Israel and the UN are taking care of them. That is a 100% blatant lie, and the media reports this absolute easily proven wrong lie.

So I posted it on This thread and I recieved a great reply from - rizeordie -.

The number of people living in absolute poverty in Gaza has increased sharply since the blockade. Today, 80% of families in Gaza currently rely on humanitarian aid compared to 63% in 2006. In 2007, households were spending approximately 62% of their total income on food compared with 37% in 2004. As a result, food aid increased dramatically to meet the needs of the population. In 2008, there were over 1.1 million people—some three-quarters of Gaza's population—who are dependent on food aid. Since 1997, the number of families depending on UNRWA food aid has increased ten-fold.

UNRWA gives aid to 850,000 people, while 106,000 families receive financial help from the organisation, which employs 15,000 workers in special temporary employment programs, he said. There are 1.1 million refugees in the Strip, 320,000 of whom are living beneath the poverty line. According to UNRWA, 7,000 of those families are among the poorest in the world. Unemployment is 45 per cent.

He gave proof and it is very easy to find, it's right there on a Wiki page!

How is it that a website where identity is kept secret and members aren't held accountable for false information, yet we give more correct information than the professional MSM. They can lie and keep their jobs so easily, we could lie about everything if we wanted to, but we don't and we don't have our jobs on the line.

The MSM is so crooked, bought out and corrupt it's not even funny.

Give yourselves a pat on the back ATS, we have succeeded in spreading knowledge and denying ignorance.

We now have 194,102 members. That is the about the same size as

Augusta, Georgia
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Huntington Beach, California
Mobile, Alabama
Moreno Valley, California
Little Rock, Arkansas

We are now a source of mass information. If you know of any post that proves some MSM source wrong please post it.

Keep up the good work!

[edit on 6/2/10 by Misoir]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

ATS is smarter than the media

I understand you mean that as a compliment but, let's face facts, the MSM is as dumb as a rock. They just print whatever lies the government tells them to without ever bothering to check the facts.

I appreciate the compliment but, comparing us to the MSM is like comparing a bolder to a clump of dirt. It just can't compete.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Misoir.....

I venture to suggest that not EVERBODY on ATS is smarter than EVERBODY in the MSM.

I refer to little ATS treasures such as.....

The Nibirutees

The Blossomgoodchilders

The Reptilianites

The SeeufosPAsparklyorbitites

The Meierites

The Rocksonmarsarereallynotrocksandtheyareproofofalienliferites

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Of course it must be FOX news right?
I don't even need to watch the video.

This is why FOX News viewers tend to be seriously misinformed.

- Lee

[edit on 2-6-2010 by lee anoma]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Anyone who gets their news from the MSM and believes it to be solid and factual news 99% of the time, truly is just oblivious to everything in this world...and how many people do you think do just that? Pretty much everyone I know gets their news from the MSM and they trust it like infallible fact...

EDIT: Spelling

[edit on 2/6/10 by CHA0S]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

I agree. Many people here on ATS are very ignorant.
Alright listen up, we need to open our eyes. There are hundreds of members posting on ATS tonight. The Mods spend housr going over each and every post. Every single post, hours are wasted by the members here that use ATS to push their racist and biggoted views against Grays and Reptilians. Even Neo-Nazis can make up believable stories on why they choose to hate others. But these ignorant people decide to come here and spread hate by quoting bad shoot out stories from schnieder and crazy reptile stories from david icke. Who here posting about the reptiles and grays have ever been wronged by these light beings? That is right nobody. So while i have the MSM telling me to be affraid of affricanized honey bees i come here and have to listen to our alternative news where people just push their ignorant beliefs on me telling me i can't drink the water because the reptilians put anti-pineal fluid in it and i can't go out at night because i might get gang probed by Some grays or they might just shoot me leaving me in a wheel chair where i would eventually hang myself with a pee tube.

edit to add:
If you look at our "alternative" news section and look at the source of all the stories i would say about 90% of them are from the main stream news, but hey we outsmarted them right? I mean that CNN reporter wrote that whole story but got ZERO flags or stars.Take THAT Neo-con mason illuminati lizzzard.

[edit on 2-6-2010 by zaiger]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by zaiger
edit to add:
If you look at our "alternative" news section and look at the source of all the stories i would say about 90% of them are from the main stream news, but hey we outsmarted them right? I mean that CNN reporter wrote that whole story but got ZERO flags or stars.Take THAT Neo-con mason illuminati lizzzard.

As with many diverse social groupings, there are going to be many different views and levels of comprehension. Some can't fathom how their tax money could possibly be funneled into Black Projects that involves covert manipulation. Still others can't understand how subtle advertising works to manipulate their agreement and in some cases their cash. Even others can't understand how civil rights must apply to everyone or it isn't civil.

Point is...sometimes you have to ignore the gruff and look for the relevant pieces that do expose our reality.

On a side note...I watched a segment (just happened to walk into the room) on eyewitness news reporting that negative subliminal messaging is indeed effective. 15 second long segment. Representative of .01 percent of the time they communicated a fact without adverse connotation.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by lee anoma
Of course it must be FOX news right?
I don't even need to watch the video.

This is way FOX News viewers tend to be seriously misinformed.

- Lee

I have always wished to ask this one question: Who, dear friend, do you wish to give you the daily news. To whom do you go for your information? Who is not manipulated?

MSNBC? They have more hate spewed on that site than the Daily KOS.

CNN? They are hardly unbiased. They lean decidely left.

The US basic channels-ABC,CBS,NBC? They just repeat whatever was written in the NYT or Washington Post.

The Major Print Media-all have a leftist NWO agenda.

The MSM in the States is losing viewership and readership by the millions. The days of Walter Cronkite are a distant memory. As of now O'Reilly consistently gets 6x the amount of viewership as Matthews and 4-5x that of Obermann. Beck is not far behind. Hannity with his admitted devotion to the GOP even shreds his competition in the ratings game. The people are voting with their feet (and eyes and ears) en masse. Deny it all you want but FOX is the most trusted site of the US population. Perhaps mostly because they are the least virulent of the cable news. Maybe, just maybe, it's not what they say but how they say it.

That being said. Since joining ATS I love the discussions put forth by some ATS members who suggest that DEM/GOP are 2 sides of the same coin in the battle for leadership of the NWO. The argument is thought-provoking and extremely interesting to me. It is something that my libertarian/anarchist side has never before fully appreciated until now.

God love the internet. I gave up on the MSM a long time ago. The final straw was when The Philadelphia Inquirer was spewing its leftist agenda on my beloved sports pages. I could not even read about my beloved Phillies without some anti-Bush rant or rave by Chief Sports Editor Frank Fitzgerald. When I read the sports I do not want to hear about politics. Now I get almost all of my daily info from the net. It was tough. 45 years of the sports pages with my morning coffee. POOF! Gone. But I adjusted.

At any rate I am rambling. Forgive me for my senior moment. Just a quick note to thank many of the ATS members for giving me things to ponder especially since my Phils are doing poorly.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
In before there are 20+ pages of ATS members patting themselves on the back.

and all news is biased. even on ATS

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Well, you didn't add the "chemtrailers" to your list, so maybe we can get you back...

Or, maybe not.

GO CHEMTRAILERS!!

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stewie

Well, you didn't add the "chemtrailers" to your list, so maybe we can get you back...
Or, maybe not.

GO CHEMTRAILERS!!

Stewie my man!

I forgot you poor guys!

Springer & Zazz sent me out for counselling & told me to stay away from you chemtrailerites.

"Just put that chemtrail thread down Maybe...maybe not & step away from the screen....."!

top topics

join