It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada is out of recession in better shape than Eupore & America, Claims BMO

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Canada is out of recession in better shape than any in G7

This is a transactional move by the bank and its governor, Mark Carney, about the least the markets expected but less than a 50-basis-point increase that might have been justified by the strong economic data. Read more: www.montrealgazette.com...

The modest increase is explained by the cautionary language of the central bank's guidance, noting "the economic recovery is proceeding but is increasingly uneven across some countries," while acknowledging "the possibility of renewed weakness in Europe." Read more: www.montrealgazette.com...

A look inside the April unemployment numbers of 8.1 per cent shows Quebec, at 7.9 per cent, below the national average, and nearly a full point below Ontario's 8.8 per cent. You don't see that every day. In fact Quebec added 35,000 jobs in April and 91,000 since last July. When the May numbers come in, Quebec will likely have created more than 100,000 jobs in less than a year. (You'd think Jean Charest would be able to sell those numbers. Robert Bourassa sure would have, having once run on a slogan of 100,000 jobs over four years, not one.) Read more: www.montrealgazette.com...

Huh those are part time jobs, today i have been into a employment center and guess what it lacks jobs.

So i fail to see those numbers as real numbers.

However alots of people aren't taking this report, for one reason, its done by bank of Montreal

There is no doubt that we have come out of the recession in better shape than any of our G7 partners. Read more: www.montrealgazette.com...

BMO economist Doug Porter

Its the Propaganda media reports just for the G7/G20 meetings coming up here in toronto, after that it will be a lot worse.

[edit on 2-6-2010 by Agent_USA_Supporter]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

And? Canada's banks had tight regulation better than our southern friends, hence why we had one of the stronger economies in the world during the recession. Yes, there was unemployment and suffering, but at the same time, it could of been a lot worse.

Jobs are still jobs even if they are part time. Sure, they showcase the numbers without fully explaining them to make them look better, but the truth is our tight regulation keeps things in check and that's why we're coming out on top.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
The fact remains that Canada is still controlled by the international banksters. We borrow money from banks at compounded interest when we have the ability to borrow it from the bank of Canada interest free... We could litterally pay off our debt with money from the bank of Canada, interest free. Even if they put interest on it, it comes back to us as the bank is ours.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grossac
The fact remains that Canada is still controlled by the international banksters. We borrow money from banks at compounded interest when we have the ability to borrow it from the bank of Canada interest free... We could litterally pay off our debt with money from the bank of Canada, interest free. Even if they put interest on it, it comes back to us as the bank is ours.

What? That doesn't even make sense! Do you even know the main function of the Bank of Canada? They lend overnight loans to the banks us average citizens use at specific interest rates called the "Bankers rate" I believe, which determines the interest rate on your loan when you go to the bank. Depending on the rate the BoC sets, that determines how stimulated the populace is for spending. The Bank Of Canada controls inflation levels to keep them around 2% annual.

I don't know where you get this idea of the average citizen borrowing from the BoC at 0%? The economy would be in hyper-inflation if we could do that.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by For(Home)Country

Originally posted by Grossac

What? That doesn't even make sense! Do you even know the main function of the Bank of Canada? They lend overnight loans to the banks us average citizens use at specific interest rates called the "Bankers rate" I believe, which determines the interest rate on your loan when you go to the bank. Depending on the rate the BoC sets, that determines how stimulated the populace is for spending. The Bank Of Canada controls inflation levels to keep them around 2% annual.

I don't know where you get this idea of the average citizen borrowing from the BoC at 0%? The economy would be in hyper-inflation if we could do that.

You know he is right,
Since when Bank Of Canada belonged to the canadians? it is run by international group of bankers.

The same way the banks are been run in america, by your silly name, i can tell your pro on government, oh btw, there will be an inflation in canada, its starting slowly now and in 3 years or earlier it will happen.

[edit on 2-6-2010 by Agent_USA_Supporter]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

You're right, I am pro-Government. Are you an anarchist? And yes, there is inflation in Canada, and it sits at about 2% a year like I stated in my previous post. However, if you haven't noticed, the Bank of Canada just raised their key interest rate, which will slow down the economy after the stimulus is done.

Also, what would the BoC have to gain from being run by "international bankers" if you mean that in a negative aspect? All profits made by the Central Bank are diverted to the National Treasury.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
CENTRAL BANK OF CANADA

The central bank of Canada is the Bank of Canada. The Bank of Canada is "owned" by Canada, the state.

There are no publicly traded shares of stock of the Bank of Canada.

The Bank of Canada does not calculate a "profit" because it is not a for-profit enterprise

answers.yahoo.com...

However both Martin and Harper have ben known to take their orders from the builderburgers, Harper having been busted lying about his attendance at a builderburger meeting as he ran in his first election which was verified by photos and papertrails (hotel reservations, airline tickets etc)

IMHO
The very rich vacation on Georgian Bay.
they would like to keep this area nice and stable
as it has been under thier control all along.

but they would like to see it remain parklike and devoid of most of the people that live here as evidenced by the Canadian governments prediction that by2018 half the canadian population will have cancer and half of those people will die from it....

so don't forget to help the government out by taking your vaccines and dying nicely and neatly so you don't leave much of a mess for someonelse to have to clean up...

PS after the RCMP were busted dressed up as protestors at the SPP summit in Montebello quebec, you can bet any anarchists or violent masked protestors will be working for the guv as this is the standard operating proccedure as as been exposed in other places like seattle etc

They have to justify a BILLION dollars worth of security this year at both Huntsville and Toronto...
So the police state is well entrenched here and the econmy is what it is not what we are officially being told it is.

[edit on 2-6-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

You got evidence to back this up, or is this just merely a paranoid attitude?
Because the way I see it, people are getting jobs and things are getting back on track.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Paranoid fantasies?
www.scroogle.org...

you're a little on the rude side there pal. eh?
for someone who obviusly doesn't get the news.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by For(Home)Country
reply to post by Danbones

You got evidence to back this up, or is this just merely a paranoid attitude?
Because the way I see it, people are getting jobs and things are getting back on track.

I don't know what you do, but I run a small business in Canada and I assure you, things are NOT as rosy as the government would like you to believe. I don't determine that by my companies growth, I determine it by my clients ability or lack thereof to actually pay their bill on time.

My clients represent a cross demographic of all industries in Canada, and it is the same everywhere. People are not hiring, wages are not increasing and everyone is chasing their clients to get paid even for small bills.

So please tell me how the countries economy is getting better. The work generation program for infrastructure (fixing roads, bridges etc) has been mainly provided to those companies in bed with the government in the first place. The average small business in Canada saw zero stimulus.

..Ex

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Harper at builderburg meeting:
truthwire.wordpress.com...

V3- I'm self employed/ sub contract
I see that as well.

[edit on 3-6-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by v3_exceed

I don't know where you are, but out in my neck of the woods there was a bit of a hiccup, and then business as usual.

I work in a bank and talking with our lenders and seeing the stats, there is was a bit of a dip around January, but not much. Things have been on the upswing for a while now.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rook1545

I don't know where you are, but out in my neck of the woods there was a bit of a hiccup, and then business as usual.

I'm on the west coast, with a majority of clients in Alberta. Most hobby businesses went under or greatly reduced their staffing over the last couple of years. I'm seeing competitors go under like submarines, which I don't really mind, but picking up their clients isn't really much of an option as those clients that didn't pay them, wont pay you.

I can't say what it's like in the banking field, but it seems that most companies are being very very cautious about any kind of spending these days. Even the oil patch in Alberta has been particularly quiet resulting in a migration from Alberta to Sask.

..Ex

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Obesity;
www.nydailynews.com... l

death rate:
www.bariatric-surgery.info...

pardon me
I should have said Obesity and obesity related diseases such as cancer
My bad.

Pfizer Seeks 10-fold Rise in Global Cancer-Drug Sales by 2018

This would be preventible with proper life styles
but that would be anti monopolistic

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
here iare the numbers

www.statcan.gc.ca...

while the trend of over all hiring is trending up many sectors like manufacturing are Down

There are current up trends in things like natural resourses , but there are surpluses in natural resourses and the countries that are manufacturing
may not have stable markets...

when the US economy tanks:
www.businessinsider.com...

we won't be far behind

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   

That is what I find odd. I am in Alberta, about 60KM from the Sask border. Not many people leaving our town. I know alot of people that are moving to Sask are either going "home" or trying to exploit their natural resource industry that is starting to boom.

new topics

top topics

join