It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NSW Government recording features for facial recognition

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   
According to Cameron's new plans we've got about a gajillion CCTV cameras going if you need a few extra!

I suppose, if you think about this rationally, this could help fight crime an there's the old saying, "If you've done nothing wrong, you've got nothing to worry about". Unfortunately, we here on ATS know better and I have to wonder what other nefarious acts TPTB will use this tech for.

Wouldn't be a problem if only we could trust out government not to abuse new, potentially helpful technologies. :shk:

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
If you need to convince anyone of how utterly ridiculous this all is, just ponder this thought...

We could be refused our license because we intentionally smiled while the picture was being taken...

[edit on 3-6-2010 by srsen]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by nik1halo

Criminals will just find a way around it. As always it will be the ordinary folk that get punished and lose their freedom.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by NecromancerYHVH
Once a Penal colony always a prison colony. I just can't believe that the Australian people are allowing this at all. I thought my brothers down under would have put an end to the Britain like police state, but alas the march to despotism continues. Such a waste it was a beautiful country.

I certainly do not want to be living in a dictatorial police state more worse than the one my parents had fled ages ago.

The globalist elite hate freedom at all costs and George Orwell is having wet dreams about this facial recognition technology in his grave!

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by nik1halo

I think the fact that this wasn't publisiced beforehand and still isn't really nowmakes you wonder of perhaps there are other intentions with it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join