It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's to stop terrorist attacks on the worlds deep water Oil Rigs?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I was not sure where to post this question but it is one that the world needs to address and it's implication would definitely exploit our fragile earth.

While it may seem odd to propose such an idea as it could give them ideas. It would be more dangerous not too bring it up and force the powers that be to take notice and act to protect our earth.

If i can think of it I am sure the terrorist are, so the question is do we have adequate protection against attacks on these rigs and for thst matter any other possible exploitation and use of our environment against us.

How at risk are we?

While Oil is listed on this web site as an economic target, oil rigs are not and should be. Have our governments taken enough action to prevent an attack on our environment?

"Let us all take a moment to remember the 3000 people who died in the World Trade Center on September 11th. And let us all remember that it will likely happen again. Such is the nature of revenge that this war will never be won, but instead will be fought for as long as there is people with revenge in their hearts. May whatever god you worship forgive us all. May God teach us forgiveness, understanding and peace." - William Jefferson Clinton

The Top 100 terrorist targets

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
What's to say terrorists already haven't attacked one of our rigs?

I still haven't seen a suitable answer for what happened.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Oh my !
That's a possibility,
Let's not give out too many ideas though.
I've often wondered why these "terrorists" dont attack symbolic targets,
I mean if youre throwing a jihad religious party and making a statement
why wouldnt there be some really symbolic targets?
Thinking like a "terrorist" wouldnt hollywood,
any msm media headquarter,
excess and sleazy location,
some symbol of all that's western and wrong draw your eye?
Ruining the world that you as a "terrorist" want to rid your enemy out of wouldnt leave you much to claim would it?
All of it makes you just hopeful that intelligence will fill all the minds in the world, and also makes you stupid for having that hope.

new topics

join