It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marine Corps Tests New Fighting Vehicle

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Marine Corps Tests New Fighting Vehicle

The EFV, as it's known, is meant to serve as a vehicle bridge for Marines, carrying them from Navy ships through the surf and sand and miles deep into enemy terrain. It will replace the assault amphibious vehicle that was procured in 1972 and will be more than 40 years old when the EFV is fielded. The new vehicle can launch far from shore, beyond the range of most guns and missiles, and can skim across the water at high speed, allowing Marines to achieve surprise, avoid enemy strengths, and "generate never-before-realized operational tempo across warfighting functions," Moore said.

Couldnt find the speed this thing was going, but damn it looks fast!

This would change, I think, the way Marines go to war.

With high-speed deep water maneuverability, it opens up assault opportunity's they're not capable of today.

Along with the tiltrotor transport, welcome to EXTREME high speed assault, blitzkreig to the 10th power.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Wow, that thing is sick! Where can I get one?! Lol, kidding definitely don't need one of those but that is a mighty cool vehicle I must say! It's like a bradley that can drive through water! Totally awesome.

join