It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Kills Cat Over Videogame

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Blaming video games for this appalling act is just a way for the media to hype the story, If the cat left muddy prints on the floor that prick had just finished washing I would bet he would do the same thing.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Color me further disenchanted with humanity......Even though this incident is not representative of humans as a whole, it still brings a bit of shame to me.
Guess I'll go watch something inspirational to remind me of our good again....

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
people kill their girldfriends for disconnecting or disrupting their game time. people kill themselves because they fail to down a boss. people kill each other for not achieving 2.2k ratings. a cat is nothing.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mike Stivic
in my most humBlest of opinions, i dont think it would have matteRed what type of infringement the cat made , it could of piddled on the couch or knocked over a glass of soda , and probably would have ended In the same way. it sounds to me (and im not a p.h.d.) thAt this maN's lack of compassion for this small animal has more to do with him venting his frustration and punishing/displaying to his girlfriend what happens when you take sides with anyone or love anything but him. that is Just my opinion . and for the record i also feel peOple found guilty of cruelty to animals should be punished to the fullest extent of thE law, along the same lines of penalty as assualt or manslaughter .

~meathead

Who's Bran Joe? It leads me to a facebook page when I google it.

More importantly, why does your post have a cypher?

[edit on 2-6-2010 by Phlynx]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
This guy is looking after kids with his Girlfriend (ex I'd now presume) and yet plays video games all day? he needs some serious growing up to do, and fast.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Originally posted by FearfulButInterested
reply to post by Asktheanimals

There are plenty of hardcore and casual gamers who are not obese. Games are not making these kids obese. Their diet and other lifestyle choices are making them obese.

Right.

I have been a hardcore gamer for my entire life, since the 8bit NES.

I am not obese, I weigh 110 lbs.

I am not violent, I have never killed an animal or a human.

Blaming video games is just a nice little excuse for people to escape their RESPONSIBILITY.

People ALWAYS blame OTHER things for THEIR ACTIONS.

This isn't video games fault.

This is the fault of stupid idiot people who were ALREADY dumb before they ever touched a video game!

I agree, I'm much like you, i am now 27 and have been playing games as long as i can remember, my first console was an Atari 2600, and i have always had a life out side video games, played outside with friends, play sports etc.
However the current generation of younger gamers haven't grown with games like we have. we started with Stick figures and Black and Green 2 bit graphics, space invaders through to NES, Snes........ x360 and PS3.
These days most kids have started on high end gaming machines with realistic graphics and and addicting game play and i think its harder for them to break away from their games.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

hrmm i really dont know what to say aBout youR overactive imagInation, although it is to be expected on a alternative/conspirAcy website, i assure you there is nothiNg sinister at play here.

_on topic_

by no means am i a peta member i Just feel that intenionally injuring Or killing an innocent animal is the lowest form of human transgrEssion.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   

reply to post by Phlynx

hrmm i really dont know what to say aBout youR overactive imagInation, although it is to be expected on a alternative/conspirAcy website, i assure you there is nothiNg sinister at play here.

_on topic_

by no means am i a peta member i Just feel that intenionally injuring Or killing an innocent animal is the lowest form of human transgrEssion.

I'm very surprised no one else has noticed this.

How is this hidden message relevant to anything? It leads to a comedy show when I search it. I see that I missed a letter on the first one, and this is a correction.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by FearfulButInterested

Agree...I play a lot but I'm not obese

I know a lot of folks that are obese and never play

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
he needs anger management classes just because ur angry no need to take it out on a defenseless kitten.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

ok in the spirit of honesty i have a real life friend who posts here, and he is a rather respected member of this community and a most respected friend IRL i just wanted to see if he picked up on it, at least you proved to me that it could be seen if you looked and thank you for that, your insight is just another testament to the keen eyes of the ats brotherhood.

_on topic_

my dog atm was rescued from the pound he has alot of issues that we have been overcoming for the past few years as he was beaten and very skittish, the thought of anyone lashing out at an animal in frustration disgusts me

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   

reply to post by Phlynx

ok in the spirit of honesty i have a real life friend who posts here, and he is a rather respected member of this community and a most respected friend IRL i just wanted to see if he picked up on it, at least you proved to me that it could be seen if you looked and thank you for that, your insight is just another testament to the keen eyes of the ats brotherhood.

_on topic_

my dog atm was rescued from the pound he has alot of issues that we have been overcoming for the past few years as he was beaten and very skittish, the thought of anyone lashing out at an animal in frustration disgusts me

Sorry if that ruined your plan...

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

No problem i looked to see if i could answer your question under your profile page as not to derail this thread but the comment section was not available. in any event you didnt ruin anything really he had several days to notice it as i slipped into a few posts and you proved a point by verifying it was as not very well hidden and his analytical mind should have caught it, much respect to you for asking questions and investigating, and in the effort to not derail this forum i am going to let it rest here.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
people are becoming crazy man...

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by TV_Nation

TV_Nation, don't you dare attempt to put the blame for this on anyone or anything besides the 21-year old child.

And don't anyone dare to defend the kid.

He didn't kill the cat over a video game. Sensationalism is getting annoying.

He killed the cat because he's a whiny-baby.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by TV_Nation

I could understand him getting a little peeved at the cat but what kind of a sick freak would kill it just because of a stupid game. Apparently some people can't tell reality from fantasy though I don't think its the games themselves that make it that way.

I don't think its the game that's the problem here, this guy would have had to have been a jerk long before playing the game.

Video game addiction is a serious problem. I've known people who've quit their jobs and played nearly twelve hours a day to the point where an intervention had to be staged. I don't think video game addiction has much to do with this story.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phlynx

reply to post by Phlynx

_on topic_

I'm very surprised no one else has noticed this.

How is this hidden message relevant to anything? It leads to a comedy show when I search it. I see that I missed a letter on the first one, and this is a correction.

I found it interesting also, glad you said something. lol

also, I agree, in regards to not blaming video games,
even though I dont play them.

I just blame it on the stupidity/ignorance that is soo rampant today,
the "TV nation".

People have just become to stupid and dumbed down to actually think about their actions. (not their fault, i know)

walking, talking , vegetables.
completely unaware and unconscious.
[well, I think even plants and vegetables have some sort of awareness]. lol

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e602c4571043.png[/atsimg]

[edit on 2-6-2010 by Ahmose]

[edit on 2-6-2010 by Ahmose]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I play a fair bit of online games, and i have a cat... I use to play wow and some other games, and my cat has caused things to mess up, loss of internet, and restart of my computer, personally none of that matters, for me my cat is more important that any video game... and i personally thing the guy should get shot over that... maybe an old fashioned public hanging or something along those lines, make it known that this will not be tolerated... whatever fine they give him is not good enough, and not just that, it has got to be pretty hard on those kids to witness that, they will be scarred for along time because of that....

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by InSoul
people are becoming crazy man...

Nah people have always been crazy.

However, the fact we are talking about a dead kitten, well, that should show everyone how far we have advanced.

Things are generally so peaceful now, that the death of a kitten actually can make the news headlines.

Consider violence in the middle ages, it was a daily affair, life was very cheap, the living age average was around 30 years old, and war was a constant. People lived in their own feces, and murdered each other over nothing, as there were no CSI to take fingerprints and bust them.

Human history is brutal, grotesque, and treacherous.

We really have improved drastically in terms of philosophy, peace, diplomacy, trade, etc.

This is a extremely good sign for our species actually. It shows we are growing up. Slowly but surely.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Very sad - people who don't have a good hold do these things - they cannot in my mind blame it on a video game or anything else - that's just the way they are.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join