It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Kills Cat Over Videogame

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   

JUNE 2--A Virginia man allegedly killed a kitten after the animal somehow disconnected a video game while he was playing it Monday night, police charge.

Bruce Walston, 21, is facing an animal cruelty charge for allegedly killing his girlfriend's black kitten by throwing it against a wall in their apartment, according to the below Staunton Police Department report.

Walston was arrested after his girlfriend, Bessie Hess, called cops about the incident, which occurred in front of her children. Walston told cops that he was "arguing with Bessie over the cats disconnecting his video game at which time he picked up the kitten and threw it against the wall." When police arrived at the couple's home, the dead pet "was laying on the front porch.

www.thesmokinggun.com...

I have seen a few posts lately about the benefits that video games can have on people but it is clear to me that there are issues that some people develop due to video games.

For example people can become addicting and the games become more important to them than reality. For example there was a boy who killed his parents over a video game and the couple that let their baby die while they were raising a virtual child on the computer.

I used to game quite a bit so I know that it's not all bad but people getting addicting to the gaming lifestyle and losing touch with reality over a game is a little troubling to say the least.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
This is not an example of someone losing touch with reality over video game addiction. This is a primate who got angry and lashed out with violence at a smaller animal he was able to destroy with one hand. Sad story, but it happens the guy lost it, because he was having an argument with his girlfriend, and lashed out at the cat which was at the center of the problem.

[edit on 2-6-2010 by FearfulButInterested]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I disagree I do not think this man would have killed the cat if he was just arguing with his girlfriend about something random.

The argument was over the cat and the video game being disconnected by the animal.

So in my eyes the man killed the cat because it messed up his game and in my opinion that shows a disconnect from logical thinking because he was willing to kill the cat over something as trivial as a game.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TV_Nation

You are not factoring in the argument with the girlfriend this would be a totally different story if there was no girlfriend fight, and he just killed the cat after it disconnected the game. He obviously got even more upset during the argument and got so angry he lashed out at the cat.

Edit: I want to clarify I am not condoning the actions of this guy, at all what he did was wrong and he deserves to be charged for his crime. I am merely saying this has nothing to do with "video game addiction" and "losing touch with reality."

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I love it when people hurt animals. As if the cat intentionally and maliciously acted out?

I once saw a news report from some backwoods hickville about a guy who got shot because the gun he had left on the coffee table was knocked off of the table by his big doofy dog.

Well, the funny part was during an interview with a reporter his hick wife or girlfriend or crack smoking buddy or whatever actually said to the camera: "I didnt think he had it in him. He was always such a good dog."

The stupidity of people knows no bounds. Just when I think the fat kid dying of dehydration because he didnt want to leave his Warcraft game or the kids pouring liquor into their eyeballs to be "hardcore" are the worst examples of a human being I'll ever hear tale of along comes some woman who believes a dog intentionally set about an elaborate plan to shoot its owner.

Here we have some neanderthal (too polite a word since the neanderthal would have likely eaten the cat for sustenance) upset over his controller getting unplugged.

What's some 21 year old with a woman and kids to support doing parked in front of a childs toy in the first place?

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
My kitten knocked over my 12 string geeetar and the neck snapped right in half.
As much as I wanted to throw him towards the moon, I did not. He hid for days
after. He know he made a boo boo. I have since forgiven the little dude and life
has moved on. New Geetar too.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Sad story but better a dead cat than his girlfriend or her children. My oldest son hit me once when he was 12 because I shut off the nintendo because he wasn't mowing the lawn but playing video games instead. I was more in shock than mad about it. Needless to say we put limits on how much time my kids could play for everyday.
What I hate most about video games is how they steal time from kids playing outdoors. This is one more reason our society is getting obese.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

There are plenty of hardcore and casual gamers who are not obese. Games are not making these kids obese. Their diet and other lifestyle choices are making them obese.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
The fact is this man had mental issues period, I don't care what excuse is used. You don't throw a cat against a wall and bash its skull in just because your angry about something. Imagine if the cat wasn't there then what would he have done? Just saying sometimes an excuses are made for repulsive behavior. This man was mental period sometimes you can't explain it. Just like a man who shotguns a dog cause it barks to much in his neighbors yard. Instead of doing something rational, the irrationality takes over.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
edit to remove....i was emotional. rather not go off like that. thanks.

[edit on 2-6-2010 by joechip]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Golithion

I agree 100%.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by FearfulButInterested

There are plenty of hardcore and casual gamers who are not obese. Games are not making these kids obese. Their diet and other lifestyle choices are making them obese.

Right.

I have been a hardcore gamer for my entire life, since the 8bit NES.

I am not obese, I weigh 110 lbs.

I am not violent, I have never killed an animal or a human.

Blaming video games is just a nice little excuse for people to escape their RESPONSIBILITY.

People ALWAYS blame OTHER things for THEIR ACTIONS.

This isn't video games fault.

This is the fault of stupid idiot people who were ALREADY dumb before they ever touched a video game!

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by FearfulButInterested

We dont need to careen of topic here but, Asktheanimals did say, "This is one more reason our society is getting obese".

ONE more reason.. Others being diet and exercise etc.
One can make the argument that their kid spends too much time playing video
games rather than physical activities.
Anyway...
This guy is a real douchebag. Throw him up against the wall!!!!!

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by keepureye2thesky

Lol, maybe they should throw (no pun intended) that into his sentencing, now that would be true justice!

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
People kill animals cruelly for all sorts of stupid, petty reasons. It is because they are defective people unable to behave like evolved beings instead of animals. Not because they happen to like video games.

I think this guy is demented and screwed up on his own, for which I am happy to see him get busted. Video games might have been his focal point in the arguement, but his problems and defects lie deeper within his character.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Hmmm...

...wonder what game he was playing.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
You know, as the proud owner of two black cats, I must say...this disgusts me. And the sad thing is, he probably won't get into too much trouble for it. Couldn't he have hit/punched a wall or threw some kind of inanimate object? Why do some people have to take out frustrations on living things? Ridiculous. As for the poster above speaking about his kitten breaking his guitar, I applaud you for not hurting it. My cats do crazy, crazy things, but I would NEVER dream of laying a hand on them. I hope this guy burns in hell or whatever afterlife he has to look forward to.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
in my most humBlest of opinions, i dont think it would have matteRed what type of infringement the cat made , it could of piddled on the couch or knocked over a glass of soda , and probably would have ended In the same way. it sounds to me (and im not a p.h.d.) thAt this maN's lack of compassion for this small animal has more to do with him venting his frustration and punishing/displaying to his girlfriend what happens when you take sides with anyone or love anything but him. that is Just my opinion . and for the record i also feel peOple found guilty of cruelty to animals should be punished to the fullest extent of thE law, along the same lines of penalty as assualt or manslaughter .

~meathead

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by TV_Nation

but that doesn't mean the game is at fault... you should be looking at the person with the inappropriate behavior. He is not capable of being rational about the situation doesn't mean the video games de-sensitized him into throwing the kitten. Irrational people make irrational decisions base on themselves and their thought process. Its like blaming movies on shooting. No it's the person that is in-cable of rational thought to realize that's a movie and its not real life. Personal accountability... Blaming something for your actions is playing a victim.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
what a scumbag.
ignorant p.o.s. like that need to drop off the face of the Earth .

This is pretty bad~

However~
I know a person who was killed over a freeking video game to.

He had actually robbed my house about a month earlier and I reported it.
Then, a month or so later~ it is on the news that the guy was found dead in his apt.

The cops even came to my house and questioned me! lol

a week or two later they found the guy who did it..
and he apparently beat him with a baseball bat... because they had a disagreement over..... yep..
a goddamn video game!

and then he left him in the apt. where no one found him for a whole week.
people are fuktup man.

kinda glad I dont like video games.

I think both the cat killer, and the person killer..
should be locked up just the same as the other.
If your ignorant, stupid, retarded enough to do this kinda crap..
you are an effing psycho and need to be locked in a dark hole and not let out,
for you will always be that way..

[edit on 2-6-2010 by Ahmose]

[edit on 2-6-2010 by Ahmose]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join