It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass. Senate Passes Toughest Anti-Immigrant Law in Country

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Mass. Senate Passes Toughest Anti-Immigrant Law in Country

beforeitsnews.com

With one lawmaker citing President Lincoln’s respect for the rule of law, the Massachusetts Senate passed a far-reaching crackdown this afternoon on illegal immigrants and those who would hire them, going further, senators said, than any immigration bill proposed over the past five years.

The measure, which passed on a 28-10 vote as an amendment to the budget, would bar the state from doing business with any company found to break federal laws barring illegal immigrant hiring. It would also toughen penalties for creating or using fake identification documents, and explicitly deny i
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
An interesting set of laws for Massachussets.

I'm surprised to not have seen this in the MSM today.

The amendment would also require the state’s public health insurance program to verify residency through the Department of Homeland Security, and would require the state to give legal residents priority for subsidized housing.

Doesn't really seem as though as Arizona's law though...

~Keeper

beforeitsnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Hello from California, the front lines of the immigration debates! I can tell you that alot of people here HATE that other states are enacting these types of laws. What frustrates me the most is that these laws are being enacted to enforce federal laws that are being ignored because they do not offer a political advantage.

Take TITLE 8 > CHAPTER 12 > SUBCHAPTER II > Part VIII > § 1324a
1324a. Unlawful employment of aliens of the U.S. code. This law already outlines the results of hiring undocumented workers. Link Here

Shouldn't this be enough? Why another law? I can tell you why. States and their citizens are feeling ignored. And they are angry. Many say that because of this anger people need a scape goat to blame, primarily illegals. This maybe true. And if you are one of them I say turn your eyes to the Federal government who says that they are looking out for your best interests, but are they really?

To the FCC agent who is reading this. I am sorry my master, such dissent will never happen again...

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Finally they are coming down on the employers who hire illegals and are putting citizens first as they should have been all along. The Feds won't do their job, so the states are forced to do something. Now Neighboring states have better follow or they will be invaded by more and more illegals.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star
Now Neighboring states have better follow or they will be invaded by more and more illegals.

Not all... Some neighboring states want to use this undocumented population as a new voting base to further their agendas... I can not say who because they may organize a boycott of my goods and services...

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star
Finally they are coming down on the employers who hire illegals and are putting citizens first as they should have been all along. The Feds won't do their job, so the states are forced to do something.

I am glad this is getting attention. But just because the state may have this guideline on the books now does not mean that they will be enforcing it to any level of usefulness either. I do like to think that maby the feds will wake up and start doing more also.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I say way to go. I am so happy to see more states passing this sort of legislation.

They are even cracking down on the employers. Man, I am impressed with some of the law makers lately. Either they have realized we the public have about had enough or have had enough and they are afraid of us or they are just buying themselves some more time so they can screw us in the end.

Sorry to sound so distrusting in ways, I just find it hard to trust my government. I am happy these laws are being passed though.

Raist

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Massachusetts? Are my eyes deceiving me?

Well good for them. This should be a mandatory nation wide law. Break the backs of employers who hire illegals.

I'm all for it.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Good for them.

Let's get this mess cleaned up in all states. Put an end finally to all of
this illegal activity from illegal people who snub their nose at our laws.
The feds won't do anything obviously, so the states will. If Arizona
and Mass. can do it, all of them can. Get the bill passed and start
enforcing it to the T.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
It's about time! This country is in big trouble and the Immigration Laws need to be tougher in all states, If people really knew what the all around ramafications were of illegal immigrants and what thge cost to all of us is in crime, money and society people would freak out. I believe we even need to cut down on the number of imagrants allowed into the US each year, matching numbers with deaths balancing out numbers.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Massachusetts is pretty liberal. Looking at the article it does not really take away the incentives for Illegals.

They can still get a drivers license, they can still work, they can still get socialized state medical. They just cant work for a state contractor.

It amounts to political posturing to appease voters, at best.

new topics

top topics

join