It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Real Tangible Mason Coin

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Check it out. I have had this item for awhile now... I think I received from a friend for no reason at all. He died awhile ago from a disease.

The latin within the ribbon saids "spes mea in deo est"

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 2 Jun 2010 by Hellmutt]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Cool looking coin. I have a few that are old, but my favorite is my Lodge's Centennial coin that I approved when I was Master of the Lodge.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I have no information about this coin at all. Masons are not my speciality. I try to leave them alone and they haven't bugged me. I have had more problems with the government and spiritual issues. Information about freemasonry is sketchy to me and information is very double sided. don't know what to believe.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

"spes mea in deo est translates" to "My hope is in God"

Other Masonic Mottos

Double-Headed Eagle - Scottish Rite Freemasonry

This double-headed eagle symbol is for the Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite of Freemasonry. The number 32 inside the triangle represents the 32nd degree of the Scottish Rite. The Latin motto, “Spes mea in Deo est,” means “My hope is in God.”[/]

Double Headed Eagle

And that coin looks really cool

[edit on 2-6-2010 by Oozii]

[edit on 2-6-2010 by Oozii]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I do know the symbol of the eagle is an ancient call upon the phoenix. which is probably the old old ancient information. I could go further, but somethings are kept a secret. Isn't that the mason way?

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I think I received from a friend for no reason at all

Everything happen for a reason my friend, bless your friend, R.I.P

Nice coin too, must have worked hard to earn it.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Noticed the Russians use the Double Headed Eagle too.

en.wikipedia.org...

Also see: Double Headed Eagle Use In Masonry

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I'm 25. My friend was 18 when he passed. no, 19 I think. His grandparents took care of him and his grandfather collected coins. So I must have been 20 when he died

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River
I'm 25. My friend was 18 when he passed. no, 19 I think. His grandparents took care of him and his grandfather collected coins. So I must have been 20 when he died
So, any questions? Or just sharing a cool find?

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   

to give you a bit of history about masonic coins, specifically Scottish Rite coins, at the House of Temple in Washington DC, they have certain functions like a commemoration, or an anniversary in which they stamp coins for. When I went to go on a tour, at the end, they had a big basket of coins that they gave away. They were all different and had dates and people on them. I picked up a couple that were cool. I will upload them later. Anyway, the tour was awesome and the construction of the temple was amazing. So many details with meaning I am sure, but so little time to figure them out. It's a worth while spot for anyone mason or non mason alike. Hopefully your friend had sparked an interest that you may follow later. I am sorry for your loss. It's sad to see someone go at such a young age.

Thanks for sharing that coin and story with us.

Here is one side:

and here is the other:

The picture sucks since I took it with my phone. The inscription on the front is "Founder of public schools and patron of Scottish Rite masonry Fredrick the Great"

the back is "171st year October 1971 Supream Council 33. A&A S R, Sou, Jur, USA"

Edit to add pictures.

[edit on 2-6-2010 by network dude]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River
I do know the symbol of the eagle is an ancient call upon the phoenix. which is probably the old old ancient information. I could go further, but somethings are kept a secret. Isn't that the mason way?

Actually, the eagle is an alchemical symbol, unrelated to the mythical phoenix.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Hmmm.....
Your coin seems to speak of an inside joke among brothers, if you will?

Symbols obviously present:

1957-1888
=69
(Tee, hee)

The 32 inside the triangle?
Yeah, no 33s in your frat house!

And the best one of all ....
wait for it....

If you google search 'double headed raptor' (because the bird pictured isn't any ordinary eagle or traditional phoenix of lore IMO),
you come across this to examine:
www.wdc.com/en/products/products.asp?driveid=494 - Cached - SimilarScientists unearth fossil of two-headed reptile - Armageddon ...
Join Date: Jan 2006. Location: Palla-site. Age: 43. Posts: 4303. My Mood: Raptor Witness pwns God. Scientists unearth fossil of two-headed reptile ...
forums.armageddononline.org/scientists-unearth-fossil-t9207.html - CachedThe Raptor's Den
May 25, 2010 ... The Raptor's Den. Voluntary experimentation- ... Thinking about it, I had the two-headed dragon, too. ... Two-Sentence Movie Reviews ...
duamuteffe.blogspot.com/ - Cached - Similar

What, back up there.
"Scientists unearth fossil of two-headed reptile ...
forums.armageddononline.org/scientists-unearth-fossil-t9207.html - CachedThe Raptor's Den
May 25, 2010 ... The Raptor's Den. Voluntary experimentation- ...

& when you click on the link you get this:
forums.armageddononline.org...

Would somebody like to address this?

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
So what the heck is freemasons...? Can't figure that out. What is the big deal? what's the secret? the more I hear about them I do feel that they have NOTHING to do with the NWO. (sometimes assumed or predicted). what is the big deal? what's the big secret? what do you cats believe in? I did a quick read on wiki. but would love to hear others one on one

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   

There really is no big deal at all. Most of the anti-mason stuff you see around here and on other conspiracy sites is stuff that has been debunked and/or just not true. For example the whole lucifer worship thing and albert pikes morals and dogma which is a book with a particular quote in it that is constantly taken out of context to "proove" masons worship lucifer...etc...etc.

Check out masonicinfo.com if you are interested in real facts about masonry. Its a great site with tons of info. Or just read some of the threads in this part of the forum, there are many good and knowledgeable masons on here that has answered many questions in the various threads here.

Oh and thats a pretty neat coin, man. Thanks for posting it

[edit on 2-6-2010 by jeasahtheseer]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
What is that one ceremony that was very odd. A reporter or journalist had to hid himself to record the odd ceremony. I know it wasn't mason. It involved a bunch of men reinacting this theatrical set of what almost seems like a pagan worship. what i'm I thinking. I forgot what that place was called. Thx for all the info. It is good to know that masons are

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   

I'm pretty sure you are thinking of alex jones' documentary thing about the bohemian grove. Basically a bunch of rich people and politicians...etc..etc that get together in the woods in northern California (i dont remember how often). The ritual you are thinking of is probably something to do with this big owl statue thats in the bohemian grove, I believe its called Moloch? I havent read much about bohemian grove to be honest. But I think that is probably what you are thinking of.

Peace

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by zzombie
Noticed the Russians use the Double Headed Eagle too.

en.wikipedia.org...

Also see: Double Headed Eagle Use In Masonry

en.wikipedia.org...

The double-headed eagle is a symbol for power over east and west.

[edit on 3-6-2010 by Acharya]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Acharya

Good eye!
I'm sure the symbol has ancient as well as modern connotative meanings, but where & how is it used today is the question.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

Again, the Double Headed Eagle is an alchemical symbol. For the history of this symbol's use and meaning in Hermetic thought, just Google "double headed eagle and alchemy".

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Masonic Light

Yes, thank you for the reminder.
I'm looking into that as well as how/where/who is using it today.

Like the double headed raptor/eagle,
everything seems to have two meanings anymore.
A large bird of prey is technically a raptor.

I'll post anything significant I find in relation.
Stay tuned.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join