It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery Crop Damage Threatens Acres

page: 1

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
LINK

Here's a strange one:

Excerpt-
FAST FACTS:

Small dots appear to "burn" through leaves
Area affected is along Tipton and Shelby County line
Farmers afraid they may lose their entire crop

(Memphis 6/1/2010) A mystery is unfolding across MidSouth farms.

Something is killing crops, trees, even weeds and nobody can explain why.

Farmers are scratching their heads and some are worried their crops may be lost to the mysterious plague.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Bachrk

Wow, good find!
This is disturbing for sure! I am anxious for some kind of results from lab work to determine what this is. I wonder if anyone has had any skin irritations. If this is intentional I will be livid! I hope they figure out what it is and I hope it doesn't spread. I'll be keeping my eyes on this one.
Thanks again for posting.....
Peace

[edit on 2-6-2010 by speculativeoptimist]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
The media coverage was quite limited.

The visual evidence didn't offer enough to rule out a root-zone pathogen. If the root zone becomes infected, the damage can manifest itself in numerous physical symptoms.

Some of the damage looks like nutrient burn, some looks like a typical case of rust, and some smacks of powdery mildew damage--all can be devastating.

All occurring the same vicinity, however, seems unlikely. Unless a total climate change has occurred allowing numerous outside vectors to infest the area, I'm perplexed.

I dare to say, it almost looks systemic, judging by how covered the specimens are and how far reaching the damage is.

Could this be the next brain child of Monsanto in action?

Best way to start a new stream of income is to create a demand for a new product...

But now I'm just jumping to conclusions for the entertainment value...

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
and NOW I see the dead bird.

Leads me to think something in the water might be at work.

Was Memphis affected by the Nashville floods?

If so, floods can bring bad news...

(edit: s&f, I love a mystery)

[edit on 6/2/10 by Tharsis]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Also read some of the comments under the original video link I posted. Someone was saying they were outside and it started sprinkling. They had to go in because the rain seemed to be burning her skin?

Here's the kicker below.
On May 25th, the Lucite facility next to Dupont on Hwy 51 and Fite Road in Millington had a chemical leak of sulfur trioxide. The chemical could easily have evaporated in our local atmosphere then recondensed as acid rain on nearby plants. Chemical burns can cause that kind of spotty damage. Sulfur trioxide combined with H2O results in sulfuric acid (SO3 + H2O = H2SO4) Wikipedia defines Acid Rain as ... "caused by emissions of compounds of ammonium, carbon, nitrogen, and sulfur which react with the water molecules in the atmosphere to produce acids..." WREG carried that story but I'd like to see the two stories linked.(www.wreg.com... )

[edit on 2-6-2010 by Bachrk]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bachrk
Also read some of the comments under the original video link I posted. Someone was saying they were outside and it started sprinkling. They had to go in because the rain seemed to be burning her skin?

Here's the kicker below.
On May 25th, the Lucite facility... recondensed as acid rain on nearby plants. Chemical burns can cause that kind of spotty damage...

Ahhh...yes.

Seems to be quite the possibility.

Here's a shot of acid rain:

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
My GUESS:

Sounds LIKE a fungal aflatoxin - they have been implicated previously...in poultry die offs.

The locations affected are bottomlands... these would have all been flooded recently.... too much water kills long after the water has receded by the fungi that spawn in dampness..

Poultry (birds) are sensitive to it.

Link to Cornell.edu

[edit on 2-6-2010 by seataka]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tharsis

Not in the least. I live just below Memphis across the Mississippi state line. All we got was some decent rain, around here no floods of any kind that day.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Good thread!
The acid rain seems to leave brown around the holes. Whatever is causing the damage near Memphis is staring out white. I don't think it's the same. Roses get black spot, it's a fungus. Still the lady reporting burning rain is interesting. If birds are dying too, something in rain is a good place to start. I hope they are doing some chemical testing as well as looking for pathogens.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Patriot

Not in the least. I live just below Memphis across the Mississippi state line. All we got was some decent rain, around here no floods of any kind that day.

Hi fellow Southerner.

Actually Nashville had floods that did not affect Memphis BUT Millington a suburb right outside Memphis had severe flooding. Millington is at the Tipton/Shelby County line and I believe this is where the problems are occuring. I'll have to recheck on that.

Anyway, parts of Millington were so damaged they are receiving federal aid.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by seataka
My GUESS:

Sounds LIKE a fungal aflatoxin - they have been implicated previously...in poultry die offs.

The locations affected are bottomlands... these would have all been flooded recently.... too much water kills long after the water has receded by the fungi that spawn in dampness..

Poultry (birds) are sensitive to it.

Link to Cornell.edu

[edit on 2-6-2010 by seataka]

This may very well be the problem. I know the neighborhoods affected by the flooding had mold growing on the walls of their homes within a few days and its God awful muggy here too. The chemical spill does concern me since it was very close to the problem crops as well

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
C-H-E-M-T-R-A-I-L-S

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Maybe it is raining Oil? Perhaps that dispersant BP is flooding our gulf with?
I know gulf water does get moved that far in clouds.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bachrk

Originally posted by The Patriot

Hi fellow Southerner.

Actually Nashville had floods that did not affect Memphis BUT Millington a suburb right outside Memphis had severe flooding. Millington is at the Tipton/Shelby County line and I believe this is where the problems are occuring. I'll have to recheck on that.

Anyway, parts of Millington were so damaged they are receiving federal aid.

You are right. I stand corrected; I'd forgotten about Millington.

[edit on 3-6-2010 by The Patriot]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
They do not use Sulfur Trioxide at that Lucite plant on fite road, it is an acrylic plant only no use for SO3 which has its main use to trap ash in a flue. The only company in the memphis area that produces or maintains substantial SO3 is Vesicol, Vesicol is the devil but they have had no leaks lately, I would say that a bacteria would be much more plausible.

There have been very unusual weather in the memphis area lately; after the flood, which did effect memphis pretty badly, we had some mother slugs. I have a picture of one the size of my pistol.

They have been spraying chemtrails like mad, two weeks ago we had extreme smog and dead fish smell in central memphis, and the skies have been permanently dingy. Maybe a connection I am not sure.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
OMG I'm laughing my head off. A few days ago I post this story here at ATS. Tonight I went back to the video link I provided to watch it again and noticed ALOT of new posts in their "comments" section from out of towners all over the world claiming chemtrails. hahahahha

I knew my ATS friends had envaded.

[edit on 9-6-2010 by Bachrk]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
another thought, - the BP Oil spill toxins - we know the stuff affects human immune function.

Humans can move out and go north....but

If it has a similar effect on plants.... then, in the aftermath of a hurricane, there may be one heck of a mold/aflatoxin outbreak on whatever crops in the south east get contaminated. Crops contaminated with aflatoxins can only be burned or composted....

[edit on 14-6-2010 by seataka]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   
double

[edit on 30-6-2010 by Bachrk]

new topics

top topics

join