It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Goldman Sachs sold 44% of their BP shares before the spill..

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
If the stock market isn't the epitome of evil, I don't know what is.

It's a tool that allows the rich to get richer by other people's suffering. For instance, if an investor found out that there was a plan to bomb the Dubai Hilton, would they tell everyone ... or just place a Put Option on the fact that Hilton's stock will drop by so many points in the coming month?

For many major catastrophic events, the "coincidences" suggest that it's the latter part that holds true for most investors. I pity them, for they are the filth of the Earth. There is no pride in what they do. I'd tell them to get a real job. One that actually means something.

[edit on 3-6-2010 by tyranny22]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   
All roads lead back to the Obama adminstration, possibly the most corrupt in American history, definitely the worse president in history, at least Jimmy Carter is happy now.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eagleheart56
All roads lead back to the Obama adminstration, possibly the most corrupt in American history, definitely the worse president in history, at least Jimmy Carter is happy now.

do you really think the administration makes any difference at all in the grand scheme of things? You don't vote for the people with any real power. Obama is a fall guy, exactly the same as Bush was.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
an equal and most relevant question is:

WHO bought that stock they sold ???

that answer may surprise you
more than the sale.

So who did buy it?

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by atlguy

I found this link with the actual transaction FWIW

moneycentral.msn.com...

-rrr

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
So, here is a weird thing for me and maybe someone on here can help me with it. I had this dream last night. But before I get into that let me first say this. For whatever reason I seem to be the only person within my circle of friends and family whose life has been consumed with this oil leak..i'm constantly checking news stories, ocean currents, boycott bp facebook page..etc etc..I don't know why? I live in Ga..with this effect us? i'm sure in some way it will...but right now its not...so why am I so consumed with it? This isn't the first time, anytime we have some kind of disaster in the world, my world becomes consumed with it, until my family members are rolling their eyes because "oh, here she goes again." maybe i'm to sensitive? maybe they are not sensitive enough? I was so shocked yesterday because we were heading up to another office my husband's owns in Northern Ga to drop off some papers that one of his employees needed..and his business partner ( a life long friend of his, they are practically like brothers) was with us..and he knew nothing of the spill..he didn't even know there was one! So, I had this dream last night, and sure..it could totally be chalked up to my thoughts over these past weeks. But...this was the only and first time I dreamed of the oil spill since April. So here it goes. When I began the dream...it was like I was watching it on the news. There was this ship...with all these people on it, and it was a big ship. I would have thought it a cruise ship? because the people on it did not look like workers but like those that would be on a cruise. The ship was in the Gulf and the news was talking about all the bordering they put up to keep the oil from reaching land. It was these huge walls of hay bales. They had put them up because a storm was coming and they wanted to keep the waves from going onto the land as well as the oil, so they placed these miles of miles of tall hay bales. The storm was coming and the news was talking about how the people on the ship were preparing..and I kept thinking..why don't they just move the ship? why did they anchor down in the Gulf if a storm was coming? why didn't they keep going on? the ship was dirty looking and not much like a cruise ship at this point. Then the storm came and this huge tidal wave came and wiped out everything. I woke up.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by hotpinkurinalmint
Is it possible that this is all a coincidence?

A large financial institution like Goldman Sachs is constantly buying and selling securities. It is highly likely that Goldman Sachs could have dropped its BP holdings for several reasons unrelated to the spill. For example, based on oil price projections, Goldman Sachs may have thought it wise to divest itself of petroleum and go into more promising sectors. Someone looking to gain control of BP may have made Goldman Sachs a good offer for its BP stock.

well yes it could be but to become leader you need more than the usual good luck so just like 9/11 where airlines were shorted it could be golden-ball-sacks was up to no good.

Coindence theory can only be taken so far and i see a few too many for my liking.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Just noticed the other thread about this issue got closed, redundant. But, it started out mentioning that Goldman Sachs apparently claims to employ psychics, which is supposed to "explain" (away) the suspicious timing of their bet against BP / gulf. If this is the case, then they may be playing a good game of CYA. Whether their psychics are worth anything or not wouldn't be the issue, rather, they're sophisticated enough to have a cover story, no matter what.
JR

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I really wish people would stop using the word "Coincidence".

The word has become a catch-all for explaining away a myriad of untruths, deceptions, scams, and acts of greed. It's lost its true meaning.

Without derailing the thread, and without taking a side (for the purposes of demonstrating my point only), a poster noted that 911 had a lot of 'coincidences'.

I've always thought that if there's any chance of impropriety, it's likely there is impropriety. Goldman Sachs are not exactly the shining stars of transparency and honesty, are they?

Douglas Adams:
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.

That said, all GS has to do is say, "No. Really. Honest...we just guessed...etc." and it will all be swept under the rug and blamed on someone else.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Goldman didn't sell oil stock of any other company during this period did they?
If you are going to dump oil stocks, why just BP and why so much.

Just watch Obama admin will use this spill to try and pass a carbon based tax bill of some sort.

Similar things happened just before 9/11 with Airline stocks and cetain individuals also large sums of insurance put on them same towers.

More than just coincidence I would say, but as usual they will not be investigated and will get away with the evil.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
For me, this is the biggest story out there right now....

So why is no longer on the ATS main page?

Are these stories really more worthy of the front page:
'Mao Tse Tung's Underground City'
'Thinking About Giving Up Cigarettes? Doc Velocity Just Had a Stroke...'
'Why Can't I Own a Canadian?--A Religious Letter'
'Separate Studies Conclude: Atheism = Peace, Religiosity = Higher Sociological Problems'

Is 'Young Aussie genius whipping NASA in Moon Hoax Debate' really a 'Hotter Topic' ?

I know you may well move these stories depending upon the number of posts they receive etc., and this story may have mentioned before, but in the light of what's happening this story may well be the key.

I'm not having a dig - ATS is indispensable - just pointing this out.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Not derailing just my theorey on whats going on maybe meds talking though.

Something stinks to me after reading this about shares being sold while doing well
I reckon the Illuminati.bankers,elites of the Americas are currently at war with London city and also Europe,

whitehaven shooting

the guys name derick bird .spelled derrick on the news not derek as normal ,But derrick as in a oil derrick ,,bird birds dieing full of oil from a destroyed oil rig/derrick

if bp goes down so will lots of pensions in the world..

This place white haven has american uk bad history ,

was the only town invaded and attacked by America in 1778,
the result was terror across the uk.

THE WORD AGAIN TERROR.

IT was known as objective terror.

NOW we got terror again.

I reckon its something to do with oil spill,on a magic level,like getting more gun laws passed.dont forget clinton signing sumit to do with guns
Everything is tieing together, gold sacks= _bp =this company getting rid of shares before they plummeted,
royal is bp ,
they are moving fast ,
the American rats are fighting the uks rats financially.
the shooter was found in the boot of a car. not sure what that means.?
Bit of history White-haven,sea scale -ravenhead all the same area.
Is it a message to the US elite,MK ultra type job location symbolic or a british version of mk ultra ,Or did a man well liked totally out of character really just go kill randomley.
its hard to et my head around it ,12 people he was number 13 ,12 apostles with jesus 13,
i dont know ?
but ,with turkey isarel ,N korea,south korea, jap primeminister,german chancellor or some high up german parliment guy.greece,,spain,volcano iceland ,germany guarding the fly zone.

colonial-america.suite101.com...

I defo think the rats are fighting and performing mega rituals, but thats my ATS head
how did they know, smash bp and you smash a lot of world power.

Or is it a ELITe War

Is obama " POW!" the renegade insider for bp???

www.examiner.com...

cons--piracy

just found this might be worth a listen

STUFF HaPPens

projectcamelotproductions.com...

[edit on 6/3/2010 by dashar]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I truly believe this is another Problem-Reaction-Solution scenario being played out by the men behind the curtains.....
Now we just wait to see what the solution implemented will be.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Badgered1
I really wish people would stop using the word "Coincidence".

The word has become a catch-all for explaining away a myriad of untruths, deceptions, scams, and acts of greed. It's lost its true meaning.

The word has lost it's meaning...broken down, Coincidence is "Co-Incident" meaning that two seperate incidents are corrolative.

Roughly speaking, this is a "Co-incident"...just not in the vein of the now popular connotation which implies "unrelated".

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
The solution will to be......

A bigger push for "Clean Energy"

Taxation on Carbon....

USA will stop drilling while the Chinese drill right off our border..

It is just another loop in the noose around the neck of freedom.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
i wonder if big oil and big bank companies run the western world.. starting to look like that.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
There is now a video of the Goldman CEO talking about taking a "short position" ONE DAY before the disaster in the gulf.

Link

Sorry - all thoughts of this being an example of good luck are officially out the window.

In my opinion, there is little doubt that the disaster was intentional.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
If you like connecting dots, please look a Mr. Sutherland's Wiki page.One of the most impressive CVs you're ever likely to see.

Who is this guy?It looks like he is at least the project manager for the NWO.He has had a hand in virtually every one of their agendas and mechanisms. How does he elude widespread media attention?Why have so few people questioned his operations?
We spend all day firing accusations at stuffed shirts like Obama and the rest of the 'Punch and Judy' show we call the American political system.This unassuming (and probably sociopathic) little man is a key player and has but a few words posted about him on ATS.Please do your best to expose him,at least to to the attention of the ignorant

follow his slime trail here ...... en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 16-8-2010 by blah yada]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickyrrr
reply to post by atlguy

I found this link with the actual transaction FWIW

moneycentral.msn.com...

-rrr

note under institutional
you will find Vanguard, which holds the presidents retirement savings in blind trust according to his public disclosure.
look how much of BP they sold just before the big event.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
imo they were informed by bp about the spill, in other words they knew of the spill and that a explosion was likely to happen so they they cut there losses, i dont know

new topics

<< 1    3 >>

join