It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Goldman Sachs sold 44% of their BP shares before the spill..

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Curious, at best... Makes one wonder why they'd offload that much of their BP stock - especially when it was flying high at the time of the sale. That's some amazingly good luck..

The brokerage firm that's faced the most scrutiny from regulators in the past year over the shorting of mortgage related securities seems to have had good timing when it came to something else: the stock of British oil giant BP.

According to regulatory filings, RawStory.com has found that Goldman Sachs sold 4,680,822 shares of BP in the first quarter of 2010. Goldman's sales were the largest of any firm during that time. Goldman would have pocketed slightly more than $266 million if their holdings were sold at the average price of BP's stock during the quarter.

rawstory.com...

[edit on 2-6-2010 by atlguy]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Is it possible that this is all a coincidence?

A large financial institution like Goldman Sachs is constantly buying and selling securities. It is highly likely that Goldman Sachs could have dropped its BP holdings for several reasons unrelated to the spill. For example, based on oil price projections, Goldman Sachs may have thought it wise to divest itself of petroleum and go into more promising sectors. Someone looking to gain control of BP may have made Goldman Sachs a good offer for its BP stock.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by atlguy

Curious indeed. The statistics I found showed that BP turned a $6.1 billion profit for the first quarter. Why not ride it higher? There was no indication I'm aware of of any loss potential in the stock before the spill.

Either their timing was impeccable or maybe they knew something????

[edit on 2-6-2010 by webpirate]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Wow. What a strange coincidence! Someone should look into this further!!!

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
this is spooky, maybe this big banks work with clairvoyants and visionaries. who would have thought, big banks and esotericism.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Why hasn't the media picked up these stories?

Another example... The Haliburton/ Boots & Coots connection.

It seems like every time a disaster happens, major corporations make a ton of money off it.... especially Haliburton.

Maybe MSM will wake up one day and follow the money trail.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by atlguy

Maybe the oil spill was done by the government to push for green energy and they underestimated how hard it would be to get the oil to stop.

Maybe they thought a "small" oil spill in the gulf would make people want to go green even more because the "go green" had seemed to have slowed down after oil prices came back down before the spill.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
They needed a news story.

This was all planned.

The families and banksters knew, wall street and big oil profit in the long run, and main street loses. They raise gold to $1000, get people to believe it's the end of everything and buy it at that price, and then buy it back 10 years later at $350.

The news gets a major story so the corporations get tons of viewers and tons of advertising money, and Obama gets something to look away from the health bill and whatever else they've passed since then.

This was just another chapter in the play while they set up for the next.

[edit on 2-6-2010 by breakingdradles]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by breakingdradles

I think it is time to consider how we can figure out what is next.

The BP spill mirrors, even in containment strategies, an oil spill in the Gulf thirty years ago.

I want to know who made money then as well...

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Hah, the plot thickens:

"...BP's former Chairman, Peter Sutherland, who left the firm is a Chairman of Goldman Sachs International. Mr. Sutherland holds some other interesting titles, including a position on the Trilateral Commission, he was a chairman of the London School of Economics in 2008, he is a UN special representative for migration and development; he was the founding director-general of the World Trade Organisation, he had previously served as director general of GATT since July 1993 and was instrumental in concluding the Uruguay GATT Round Negotiations..." (www.zerohedge.com...)

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
an equal and most relevant question is:

WHO bought that stock they sold ???

that answer may surprise you
more than the sale.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trudge
Maybe the oil spill was done by the government to push for green energy and they underestimated how hard it would be to get the oil to stop.

I highly doubt that else
they wouldn't have issued another
permit this week to Brandon Oil
to drill in the gulf.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock

Originally posted by breakingdradles

I think it is time to consider how we can figure out what is next.

The BP spill mirrors, even in containment strategies, an oil spill in the Gulf thirty years ago.

I want to know who made money then as well...

When I saw that I thought the exact same thing, "someone must have made good enough money to try it again."

Just like they do with gold every 25-30 years, raise it to a new high, make it seem like the dollar is going to end, then buy it back at 350 an ounce 10 years later.

They get all the guys on TV to say BUY GOLD NOW!!! Then they sell it to them at the highest price ever, then 10 year later, nothing ever happened and these guys need to retire or pay bills and sell the gold back for nothing.

Last time was the last oil crisis in the 70s, they bought it back in the 80s and 90s and are now selling it to us at again record prices.

Also, with Dick Cheney relaxing the laws years ago on the blow off thing, it's like they had this planed long ago.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by breakingdradles

And throughout it all the populace is inundated with reactionary media stories that string them along...so essentially, society is being conned of their attention and money with the very societal outlets that are propagated to be there for their benefit.

The conspiracy, in my opinion, is indeed all around us in every way shape and form. Industries just trade off scandal and controversy and then recycle them...

This is going to be a slow road because they still have most of the cards...but my fury at this seemingly blatant and arrogant manipulations of our society for their own fat will indeed fuel my patience so that the information eventually becomes common knowledge.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Excellent find! It certainly does you make wonder.

Knowing GS and their history, one cant help but wonder if there is more to this story.
I smell a fishoil conspiracy

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
bigger question is "Did they play it short?"
I suppose the elite is capable of anything... what's poisoning the gulf.. after all they had no problem dropping the "bomb".. soon we'll see that technology at work in the gulf!

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
So when will someone say that the webbot's "Israeli mistake" was the MOSSAD blowing up the oil rig in question ...

Time for tea.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
This "coincidence" and also the ones that happened before 911 make me wonder if there is any truth to project looking glass.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by tetrahedron
Hah, the plot thickens:

"...BP's former Chairman, Peter Sutherland, who left the firm is a Chairman of Goldman Sachs International.

Wow - connect the dots... nice find

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   
AHHhhhh

No no go back to sleep.These are all lies of the blogs!

Nothing is true.WE (the government) ARE TELLING YOU THE TRUTH.

(ironic)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join