It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Investigation reveals possible criminal activity connecting Obama to BP oil spill

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Obama will always be tainted from this - no matter what an investigation concludes.

In my eyes anyway.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose
Grrrrrrrrrr, I live between Gulport and Biloxi, and the oil is now hitting the beaches. I just got home from grocery shopping, having to grab only a few things because once again, I got a nose bleed, which is something I haven't had in decades, but 3 times this week? We are also having massive amounts of rain, everyday.

Also, talking to the caretaker of the property, he said the expensive diamond cutting tool that is now being used, is stuck. Haven't seen that on ATS, yet, do you all know?

This frustrates me to know end, I am going to the Dr., if I get another nose bleed this week!

I WANT ANSWERS, DAMMIT!

If you want answers, then I think you NEED to read this, and you're not going to like it.

www.presstv.ir...

They are pumping the chemical Corexit 9500 into the ocean to hide the real flow of the oil spill. And Corexit 9500 isn't known for being environmentally safe. As a matter of fact, it is known to be EXTREMELY VOLATILE.

Maybe I should start a thread on this if it hasn't already been taken.

After a quick search on ATS, I found that there have been a couple of threads on it. Just type in Corexit 9500 into your ATS search engine. It will show you what you need to know.

[edit on 3-6-2010 by EvolvedMinistry]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cc5105e7a1b7.gif[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9d02dae4e363.gif[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ffff15e1b1a9.gif[/atsimg]
I am not in possession of any information that would indicate corruption. There was a wide spread desire to go ahead with deep water exploration. American personality being what it is we can understand. It is a bit like as in Star Trek exploring the new frontier. However things have gone wrong. Were safety procedures ignored ? I do not know. If the leak is not stopped soon then as you can see it will not take long for this leak, at the estimated minimum rate of 12,000 barrels of Oil per day, to become the biggest spill in history. An underwater leak is very different to one on the dry land. The marine environment is very much more vulnerable to damage. Under water leaks are far more difficult to bring under control. This particular leak is at a depth of 5000 feet under the surface of the ocean. The majority of the discharged Oil is not on the surface of the water, it is floating at various depths under the surface hidden from view. Also the majority of the discharge is not Oil but is Methane, estimated to be no less than 80%, meaning that the 12,000 barrels per day is the Oil. So that means the amount of Methane Snow discharging per day is 48,000 barrels per day. One cubic litre of crystalline methane will sublimate into 650 cubic litres of methane gas. The sublimation is explosive and then the methane gas will burn explosively with whatever oxygen available. In my opinion it is the Methane that is the major problem. One barrel equals 160 litres. So there is a big methane gas problem on the rise. People are already reporting symptoms, nausea, vomiting, drunkenness, difficulty to catch their breath, suffocation, death, but these reports are not being reported in the mainstream media. I believe that there is a government and industry collusion to with hold information. If the marine and coastal environment dies then everyone can accept it some how. But if human life is being killed ? What if the whole of New Orleans were to be suffocated by methane gas ? It could get even worse than that. As regard to the Methane Snow leaking out at an estimated minimum of 48,000 barrels per day, one barrel being 160 litres, that figure thus being 7,680,000 litres of methane snow per day. Multiply that methane snow by 650, as it explosively sublimates into its gaseous form, and we get a figure for the potential methane gas floating into the atmosphere like 4,992,000,000 cubic litres of methane gas per day. If that was discharging from a dry land drill we could burn it to stop it from being a problem. However, here we are dealing with Methane Snow, and it is under the water at considerable depth, where it cannot be burnt, and it will drift considerably in the currents, rising to the surface, and sublimating, over a vaste area. Especially with the seasonal hurricanes coming on this could become a major disaster worse than anyone is realising at present.

[edit on 3/6/2010 by CAELENIUM]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   
I bet you can pull a list of hundreds of companies, not just those few, that have some investment in NACLO.

Through our sales, service, research and marketing team of more than 7,000 technically trained professionals, we serve more than 70,000 customer locations in over 130 countries.

That is taken right from their front page. www.nalco.com .

This chemical is only one product/service they offer. I bet we can connect half the Republican party and dozens of other Banks to ths company as well. Considering that the world is rapidly Urbanzing and two billion people live in two developing countriies alone with poor infrastructure, it is no wonder people and entities alike invest in NALCO. It will continue to see growth as it expands its services to these poor countries that are developing their infrastructure.

As far as Goldman Sachs dumping their stocks, that can be subject of much speculatiion. Alot has been going on with that company over the past two years, it is consistently re-shuffling its portfolios in an attempt to bring cohereance to its own value. I presume that NALCO is not the only company G.S. has dumped alot of stock out of in the past two years. I do say however the timing is a bit off as this disaster should see a riise in the value of NALCO stock, not a dip, considering its product and serviice is needed in huge sum by the Federal Government. I think if they knew somethign was up they would have held out a bit longer no?

And as far as the "Chicago" connection, that should be a no brainer as the company itself was founded there. Unless of course you want to believe that ths was the plan from the start over 80 years ago, in an attempt to put Obama (whos grandmother was probably still partying in her prime) iinto power now for a communist plot. I am sure thats a bit of a reach though.

There just is not enough evidence in the article, nor does it actually site any references presenting hard evidence or do anything to explain the evidence it claims to have as has been stated a few posts up.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 02:16 AM
link   
try this on for size.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by DYepes

Don't you find it suspicious that they would publically encourage investment in BP a month after dumping 44% of their share?

Source

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Well if you utilized free market capitalist thinking, you would make decisions based on the maximum dividends/profts that can be produced from investment decisions. They were mearly taking advantage of the media to encourage consumers to spend their summer gasoline bills on vacations/holidays.

Unfortunately they did not anticipate this tarnishing event.

LUCKLY...

They purchased NALCO back in 2003.

SCORE!! We got the treasury under our control, lets buy this # it!!! So they all like, well it will be another gripey year, but we at least continue to generate revenue until then.

Closest thing I could find to evidence or a connection. With such broad holdings its no wonder things seem like as conspiracy, they just happpened to flow with chance. Until we can reign in the conglomerates the way we did during industrial revolution and -post, such random connections will remain constant.

Presidents of 'ol day had BALLS. After WW2 they all grew into pussies. Just "Yes sir, that would be excellent sir (a smile)"

Just want a good maverick that would come in and clear out house!!

EXECUTIVE ORDER: Break apart all companies at the $1 billion net worth. Excess holdings will be invest into PUBLIC[/b] programs for education, trasnsportation/infrastructure, and NASA/Air Force (possible merger?)

CEO's of consolodated companies can be given thge option to plop down and chill for years in comfort at home away from any boards, or serve five years on NGO's, civil service, military. The only other option is prison for obstruction of the public order.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Had it been left to the free market, government-created conglomerates like this would not exist. Also if you are of the conspiracy minded, under a free market with no goverment intervention or heavy banker influence in politics, free-energy geniuses like Tesla would have revolutionized the energy industry decades ago, thus removing us from our current situation to begin with.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 04:18 AM
link   
I'll add this to the mix.(Depressing subject,no matter how you look at it.)

Was Gulf Oil Spill an Inside Job?

By Victor Thorn

Could the catastrophic Gulf of Mexico oil rig explosion be part of a larger scheme to “reform” the energy industry, just as the Obama administration has “reformed” healthcare, banking and automobile manufacturers? Worse, is “cap and trade”—possibly the worst legislation ever penned—the ultimate endgame behind this spill, which they are now capitalizing upon?

Continue at
www.americanfreepress.net...

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Intelearthling

Obama can do exactly what President Bush did and have 10 more oil rigs destroyed and the Amercian people will say he's still the savior of America. Anything that Obama does to destroy the United States will be welcomed with open arms from the Amercan people.

That's quite an over-dramatization, my friend. I haven't run into anybody in quite some time that expresses the opinion that Obama is the "savior of America," or the savior of anything for that matter.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Why didn't Obama call in the army after BP's second failed attempt?

Could it be because he's a powerless frontman and his job is to make grand speeches and pose for photo ops with people that appear to be doing something?

How can BP be allowed to experiment at a time like this, it's astounding. Someone somewhere wants that oil to keep on gushing.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigbomb456
try this on for size.

Thanks for posting that, it made for some very interesting reading.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by MissysWorld

Shame on you obama! Shame on you!

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by MissysWorld

Its disgusting that TPTB can get away with things like this, it makes me feel sick.
Everything all that sea life has to put up with, for what? A few more quid in the back burners of TPTB.

Edit to add: Don't get me started about oil prices rising dramatically and what that would cause. Jeez.

I always thought that this incident was orchastrated, i suppose this is evidence.

Disgusting.

[edit on 3-6-2010 by MrConspiracyBlogger]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigbomb456
try this on for size.

Coherent story and easy to read and digest.
Thank you!

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I don't know, I don't think I buy it. This all hinges upon the assertion that BP will benefit from this at the end of the day. Sure, there is talk of limited liability, being immune from lawsuits to a certain extent, but if you look at the raw figures, the value of BP stock is plummeting. I've heard figures of 12% drops in their stock since this mess began. Or, am I missing something here?

The OP has pointed out some very interesting names who will directly benefit from this, but unless BP has something to gain from it, I just don't see how they could be stalling efforts to stop the leak.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Interesting article

Chris Matthews on Thursday, May 20th, 2010 in an interview with Jay Leno on NBC's The Tonight Show

Chris Matthews says Cheney got $34 million payday from Halliburton

Bookmark this story:
Buzz up!ShareThisThe oil-services and infrastructure giant Halliburton is a favorite target for critics of former Vice President Dick Cheney, who used to be the company's CEO. During the presidency of George W. Bush, the company's Iraq War-related contracts attracted wide attention. Now, the company's role in the Deepwater Horizon oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico has brought Halliburton back into the headlines.

During a May 20, 2010, appearance with Jay Leno on the Tonight Show, MSNBC host and political commentator Chris Matthews revived the Cheney-Halliburton connection while discussing the spill.

At one point in the interview, Leno said, "All right, a lot going on in politics with this BP thing. This is the one-month anniversary. Where are we? Who’s the lying scum here?"

Matthews responded, "Yeah, it’s the scariest thing I’ve ever seen, and, you know, I don’t know where to start. I mean, Halliburton. Sound familiar? Cheney. Cheney was head of Halliburton. When he got to be vice president, when he was signed for vice president, the oil company gave him a $34 million signing bonus to become vice president of the United States."

We'll grant Matthews some artistic license with his comment. We know he doesn't mean that Cheney literally got a signing bonus for becoming the vice presidential candidate, as a newly signed free agent would in baseball. But we thought it was worth checking whether Cheney did in fact end up with a $34 million payout when he stepped down as CEO to join Bush on the ticket in 2000.

We looked at a personal financial disclosure form that Cheney signed on Sept. 1, 2000. This is the filing made once someone joins a national presidential ticket. It represents the candidate's holdings and income as of August. In the portion addressing Cheney's compensation from Halliburtion, the file lists the following categories and dollar amounts as of that date:

• Salary/bonus (gross): $4,721, 947
• Deferred salary: $1,042, 441
• Senior executive deferred compensation contributions: $654,804

Meanwhile, on May 15, 2001, Cheney also signed a second disclosure form that is supposed to update the August 2000 filing so that it covers the full year. In this filing, Cheney disclosed the following Halliburton income:

• Salary/bonus (gross): $821,896
• Elective deferred salary: $403,166
• Stock equivalent unit bonus: $396,213
• Senior executive deferred compensation contributions: $53,692
• Elective deferred salary lump sum payout: $1,140,160
• Restricted stock imputed income: $7,560,000
• Nonqualified stock option income: $21,964,254
• Senior executive deferred compensation payout: $2,797,128

However, we were unclear about whether the totals from the May 2001 filing, which amount to $35.1 million, should be added to those from the August 2000 filing, which amount to $6.4 million, or whether the amounts in the two filings overlap somewhat. Experts we spoke to expressed uncertainty on this question as well. So we decided to take the most cautious approach and only use the numbers from the second filing, which covers the whole year.

That still leaves a total of $35.1 million earned from Halliburtion reported on the May 2001 filing. Of that total, just over $800,000 represents salary and bonus, which Cheney would have earned regardless of whether he joined the ticket or not. Many of the other categories were subject to some calculation and/or negotiation, as would happen in the case of any CEO who left a position early, so it seems fair to call the rest of the income he received an exit package.

So, if you subtract the salary and bonus from the larger amount, voila -- you get $34 million and change. So Matthews is right.

A footnote: Cheney's timing was impeccable. As the disclosure forms indicate, he held a large number of stock options, which means he had been given the right to purchase shares of the company for an old (and, hopefully for the holder of the options) lower price than the current market value. When the holder chooses to exercise those options, they can buy the shares at the low price and then sell them at the market price, pocketing the difference.

It's not clear when Cheney sold his stock options, but it likely was within weeks of his being named to the ticket -- a period when Halliburtion shares hit their 2000 peak, in the low-to-mid $50 range. By November 30, 2000, the stock had fallen to $33 a share. If he'd waited until then to sell, his payday would have been one-third lower, or roughly $14 million rather than $22 million.

But Cheney does appear to have had timing on his side, so we find Matthews' statement -- that Cheney had a payday of $34 million -- to be accurate. If anything, it may have been a bit low. Either way, we give it a rating of True.
Source: politifact.com...

Obama, Cheney, Bush, their all puppets - the question you all should be asking is who is the real man behind the curtain.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose
Grrrrrrrrrr, I live between Gulport and Biloxi, and the oil is now hitting the beaches. I just got home from grocery shopping, having to grab only a few things because once again, I got a nose bleed, which is something I haven't had in decades, but 3 times this week? We are also having massive amounts of rain, everyday.

Also, talking to the caretaker of the property, he said the expensive diamond cutting tool that is now being used, is stuck. Haven't seen that on ATS, yet, do you all know?

This frustrates me to know end, I am going to the Dr., if I get another nose bleed this week!

I WANT ANSWERS, DAMMIT!

damn I would be at the docs ASAP, hope its not corexit that is causing these nose bleeds.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   
You can follow the money trail, but it's not about the money.

It's about the constitution. With the constitution in force, the US
cannot become part of the North American Union, and Eventually the one world Government.

The constitution gives the US citizen, and the States, power over the federal government. We are the last stumbling block between the Queen and her global commonwealth.

For the person getting nosebleeds. Get the hell out of there. The air is going to slowly kill thousands. It's part of the design, and one of the reasons for Corexit. Fog, rain, ocean spray, eventually water will be poisonous.

Have you notice MSM saying the rain won't be poisonous? If the oil has evaporated, where does it goes. Do they think it just disappears?

[edit on 3-6-2010 by OurskiesRpoisoned]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Exactly. What investigations have they had in the past that turned the finger to the government?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join