It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey trying to form alliance with Iran and Syria to confront Israel: MOSSAD

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   

NOW Lebanon correspondent Amal Shehadeh reported on Tuesday that director of the Institute for Intelligence and Special Operations (Mossad) Meir Dagan said that Turkey is trying to form an alliance with Iran and Syria in order to confront Israel. He added that statements by Turkish leaders confirm their effort to form such a coalition

www.nowlebanon.com...

hardly surprising after the weeks events so far... its happened in the past, Israel has been attacked from all sides. only difference this time is the turks.. a Turkish/Lebanese/Syrian/Iranian/Palestinian/Iraqi Shia coalition would have a real shot at defeating Israel, when i say defeat i dont mean pushing all the israeli's into the sea. not at all. I mean by defeating them, recognizing jerusalem as the palestinian capital for a palestinian nation. making all the arab nations around Israel, equal to Israel meaning Israel cant do whatever they want anymore. Given the circumstances you might even see some Pakistanis in the mix. Israel would counter this alliance by supplying the Kurds with various support so that they could disrupt the "Gaza Coalition"

what would the "Gaza Coalition" look like...

Active Military Personnel: 1,427,000
Active Military Reserve: 862,500
Active Paramilitary Units: 11,659,700

ARMY
Total Land-Based Weapons: 28,248

NAVY
Total Navy Ships: 279
Aircraft Carriers: 0
Destroyers: 5
Submarines: 24
Frigates: 29
Amphibious Craft: 24
Patrol Boats: 168
Mine Warfare Craft: 29

AIR FORCE
Total Aircraft: 1,958
Helicopters: 706

Source: globalfirepower.com...

Plus: Iraqi Mahdi Army (60,000+/-) Iraqi Special Groups (Asa'ib Ahl al-Haq, Kata'ib Hezbollah (Hezbollah Brigades), Promised Day Brigades, Sheibani Network, Hasnawi Network, Tharallah) est. Thousands, Iraqi Badr Brigades (10-15,000) Lebanese Hezbollah (7-10,000) Hamas (20,000) Fatah (75,000+/-) and the various "al-qaeda" affiliated groups in lebanon and palestine who number no more than 1,000.

[edit on 2-6-2010 by TheCoffinman]

[edit on 2-6-2010 by TheCoffinman]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
LOL turkey dosent need to seek an alliance...IT is in an alliance already called nato.....Or is mossad intelligence really that dumb.....

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by loner007

indeed it is but NATO will not support such a venture because the United States is top dog. Therefore Turkey is looking elsewhere and finding friendly nations with commin interests, militarily and economical. This "Gaza Coalition" as i call it would seek the establishment of a free and independent Palestinian state. after it had achieved that, it would likely disband itself militarily however all nations im sure would remain friendly to one another and with strong economic ties. Turkey is also hoping to establish itself as the lead nation in the "Gaza Coaltion" usurping even Iran which im sure Iran wouldnt mind at all.. it would deflect alot of heat off of them.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Is that what you see?If such a horde attacked Israel i see them loosing their nukes on all.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

we can only hope that this comes to pass. of all the countries israel has provoked turkey is the one that will not be cowed.
the turks have had a long martial tradition in that region, quite simply, if you live in the middle east, you dont mess with the turks, they will retaliate.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by AgentX09

and they have plans to do just that:

To deter a large conventional attack,
To deter all levels of unconventional (chemical, biological, nuclear) attacks,
To preempt enemy nuclear attacks,
To support conventional preemption against enemy nuclear assets,
To support conventional preemption against enemy non-nuclear (conventional, chemical, biological) assets,
For nuclear warfighting,
The “Samson Option” (last resort destruction).

www.fas.org...

it IS a possibility. It is my opinon that using nuclear weapons as an offensive weapon automatically makes you the bad guys.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I find it very funny, and a huge coincidence that the two countries that Israel would love put the boots to, are trying to be courted by Turkey for an alliance. So let me see...That would completely de-legitimize Turkey's stance on this whole gongshow from the weekend, and give Israel a really good shot at getting to attack Syria and Iran. How very transparent.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by hans kammler

"4500 soldiers in the middle of the firing line have known how to create miracle. The sacrifices of the Turks will eternally remain in our minds." - Washington Tribune

"The courageous battles of the Turkish Brigade have created a favorable effect on the whole United Nations Forces." - Time

"The surprise of the Korean battles were not the Chinese but the Turks. It is impossible at this moment to find a word to describe the heroism which the Turks have shown in the battles." - Abent Post

"The Turks are the hero of heroes. There is no impossibility for the Turkish Brigade." - General Douglas MacArthur - United Nations Forces Commander in Chief

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by loner007
LOL turkey dosent need to seek an alliance...IT is in an alliance already called nato.....Or is mossad intelligence really that dumb.....

yeah really the mossad must be that dumb...NOT, pretty cocky saying that about the most ruthless intel organisation in the world.
If this is the path Turkey follows then "Thrace" is the only thing that connects Turkey with Europe and the west. The EU is already a no-go area for Turkey[for all the non-Europeans who really thought that was ever going to happen]
..And if they keep going on this course, the US , UK, Germany, The Netherlands e.a with special relations with Israel would not want this country any longer to be part of the alliance...Its about time the US munition support squadron and the B61's get extracted from Turkey.

[edit on 2-6-2010 by Foppezao]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Foppezao

i can assure you that any move made on the part of the united states to expel Turkey from NATO would be at the behest of the Israeli Lobby in D.C. Turkey is in NATO for a reason, They sit at a very strategic crossroads for many reasons. for one there are several vital pipelines and waterways that belong to the turks. they are the 2nd largest force in NATO. im not entirely sure on this but im pretty sure the US couldnt unilaterally expel turkey anyways, it would have to be at the behest of all NATO members.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCoffinman

i can assure you that any move made on the part of the united states to expel Turkey from NATO would be at the behest of the Israeli Lobby in D.C. Turkey is in NATO for a reason, They sit at a very strategic crossroads for many reasons. for one there are several vital pipelines and waterways that belong to the turks. they are the 2nd largest force in NATO. im not entirely sure on this but im pretty sure the US couldnt unilaterally expel turkey anyways, it would have to be at the behest of all NATO members.

Well you're right about the [Baku–Tbilisi–Ceyhan ]pipelines, but since Erdogan is steering the wheel, relations with the west are in decline.The army is still very powerful, and maybe with some support of western intelligence i think chances are higher they will protect the seculair Ataturk state and dethrone him , then alliances with Iran and war with Israel will happen.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Erodgren i believe enjoys popular support in Turkey does he not? a possible coup had been put down already recently. Turkish gov't is still very much so secular and allying themselves with iran and syria has nothing to do with secularism or religion. If western intelligence did such a thing it would be another reason to hate americans. they would be overthrowing another popularly elected government to install a us puppet in its stead. that would be awfully counter productive i should think.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
All this info from the Director of the Mossad? I thought the axis of evil was Syria, Iran and NK? Oops, someone may push back against Israel. Better make them part of the "bad countries".

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
It seems like israel is trying to play the victim again, poor little israel evryones ganging up on them. Well just maybe if they wernt the biggest bullys in the whole of the middle east non of this would be happening. To be honest i doubt very much this information and feel its an attempt by mossad to deflect some of the attention away from the piracy issue they are copping flack for at the moment. I for one dont buy it at all.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
It's a shame both Turkey and Israel got knocked out of the 2010 World Cup Tournament. Can you imagine if those two teams had met up in the competition in next few weeks ... would have been something to see.

Turkey won 15 points and came 3rd in their group missing out on qualification.

Israel got 16 points in their group but came 4th position.

Which all goes to show that numbers don't necessarily mean anything in battles. Tactics, cunning and luck are what matter.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
also just want to mention that al-shabaab, the somali mujahideen group, formed last year the "Mujahedin Al Aqsa". a unit specifically tasked with

"We will transfer and expand our fighting in the Middle East so we can defend Al Aqsa mosque from the Israelis," Al-Shabab commander Abdifatah Aweys Abu Hamza said in Mogadishu, He is apparently the leader of a new Al-Shabab armed group

edition.cnn.com...

new topics

top topics

join