It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War on terror: Do you believe?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 04:17 PM
link   
"A new Middle East war of the general type and implications indicated, will occur or not, whether or not certain specified incidents materialize. It will occur only if the combination of the Israeli government and certain Anglo-American circles wish to have it occur. If they should wish it to occur, the incidents to 'explain' that occurrence, will be arranged, just as the Hitler regime concocted the incidents used as pretext for the invasion of Poland.

"Contrary to widespread childish opinion, most of the important things that happen in the world, happen because powerful forces intend them to happen, not because of some so-called 'sociological' or other merely statistical coincidence of the types reported for the popular edification of the easily deluded. The new Bush administration wishes to settle accounts with Iraq, in memory of the passions of former Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher and former U.S. President George Bush. As long as that remains a prevalent Anglo-American intention, a new Middle East war, bigger than any yet seen, is more or less inevitable under presently reigning global influences, whether or not any significant number of Israeli or Islamic leaders wish it to occur."

Lyndon Larouche, January 27, 2001 - larouchepub.com

Since 2001 we have been led down a very rocky road. Invasions of two different countries along with numerous civil liberties changes have made the 'war on terror' essentially the new cold war, the looming danger of terror a constant threat to anyone. After reading the quote above I was compelled to ask my fellow ATSers what they thought, how many believe the war on terror is real?

Just a few things i have been taking into account......
(some of the links are a bit 'wacky' but they ask the right questions)

1) It is clear that Bush planned the invasions of Iraq and Afghanistan pre-9/11 and used terror as the most important part of his policy.
www.cnn.com...
zzpat.tripod.com...

2) There have been zero terror attacks on America or the U.K since 2001.

3) George Bush has business connections with the Bin Laden family
www.fromthewilderness.com...

4) The only evidence linking Bin Laden to 9/11 was provided by America, much of this evidence, particularly the video form, has been extremely questionable.
www.whatreallyhappened.com...
www.the7thfire.com...
5)Why did some White House staffers start taking Cipro, a powerful antibiotic used as a treatment against anthrax, on September 11th? And why was there so much suspicous activity surrounding the preceeding Anthrax attacks?
www.computerbytesman.com...
www.judicialwatch.org...
www.freefromterror.net...

6) many, including government staff, have spoken out against 'secret agendas' and restriction of investigation in regards to 9/11.
Look at this link below, great BBC interview with 'unamed man'
news.bbc.co.uk...
www.time.com...

7) Also, the "maddening" restricitions on documents regarding 9/11 and the shambles that is the '9/11 comission'
www.msnbc.msn.com...

8) After the the official war had ended, no Weapons of mass destruction were ever found (apart from a few posion gas shells)
news.bbc.co.uk...

I could go on.....and on and on.....

The benefits to this administration, the radical policies, the wars, the lies...How many feel comfortable in the kownledge that Bush is trying to make the world safer? Just look into history, pearl harbour leading to WW2, the burning of the Reichstag leading to Nazi action, 9/11 leading to the war on terror. Is this time different or is history just a broken record?

[edit on 6/10/2004 by earthtone]

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I think for the most part you are right. the scary part is even with all the evidence many of the most informed individuals refuse to accept the truth. even scarier than that is the fact that the majority of "the people" dont know any of the facts. I'm just an average guy, around average folks all the time. every time I mention the fact that some of the Bin Laden family were flying out of the country while all commercial airlines were grounded they have no clue. if you were to poll every citizen on the fact that Bush has been in it neck deep with them from his business beginnings I guarantee you 90% of people have no idea. the American smokescreen has done its job. the average household has two incomes and is still in debt to the point they will never get out. we are so distracted with keeping our heads above water and food on the table we dont have time to raise our children, much less keep up with FACTS.

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 10:54 PM
link   
There are way to many unanswered questions concerning the events around 9-11. The Truth Is...We Will never Know The Truth. Maybe with being occupied on trying to find the truth in the past, present things will go un-noticed. If anything we should be Learning from this and attacking Present Day going ons. However, I still have not seen anything here about the Cleveland Airport thing...

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I think the truth about 9/11 is fairly obvious considering a lot of the eyewitness accounts of that fateful day, the considerable amounts of anomalies regarding the attack, and activity prior to 9/11. But that's just my opinion.
I think all of this will get much worse, terrorism (which is the most broadest term possible in my opinion to use as a base) will be used as a base to attack a wide scope of ideals. People who are peaceful dissenters will be harrassed and potentially imprisoned (more so than already is existing). The violent ones will simply disappear since they have no government backing.
Governments will be accused of supporting such terrorists, but the funny thing is that these terrorists will not be considered as being sponsored by the governments who were accused of supporting such...very hypocritical.

This is a very smart thing they are doing (War on Terror=NWO screening perhaps?) and its not surprising that most people CHOOSE to be ignorant. But then again, many aren't aware of this status because they simply do not see anything bad going on...
It should be interesting to see what unfolds.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Its my opinion that the war on terror is a lie. The veil was lifted once the threat of Iraqi WMD was found to be completely off. Now I'm sure intelligence can be wrong at times, but they can't be THAT wrong about everything regarding the threat of Iraq. Such an error is so large that to believe it was just an oversight is far too outrageous to accept in any fashion. When your terrorist threat protectors outright lie to you about the very threat they are supposedly protecting you from, how seriously can you take that threat?

More has come out since the 9/11 investigation to show its even more of a sham, but the absolute dearth of evidence regarding the threat of Iraq to the United States more than shows that the war is based upon fabricated evidence and therefore the entirety of the threat must be considered suspect.

[edit on 10-6-2004 by heelstone]

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by heelstone
Its my opinion that the war on terror is a lie. The veil was lifted once the threat of Iraqi WMD was found to be completely off.

This is it, how can people actually trust this 'war on terror' when it has been essentially proved that the prime reason for the war was false/fabricated/exaggerated. I just can't believe that after this revelation both bush and Blair havn't had to resign. Thanks heelstone, going to add the WMD thing to my list and the top

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Quote from Trickmaster... we should be Learning from this and attacking Present Day going ons. However, I still have not seen anything here about the Cleveland Airport thing...

TrickmastertricK, What happened at the Cleveland Airport; is there a thread for this?

[edit on 10-6-2004 by clook]

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by clook
the Cleveland Airport thing...

Trickmaster and clook: What is this cleveland airport thing you speak of? I'm not sure exactely what you are refering to guys.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 08:52 AM
link   
My question was in reference to a Trickmastertrick post where he comments on not seeing anything here about the Cleveland Airport thing...
I live in Ohio and I had not heard anything about this.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 09:27 AM
link   
On 9-11, a Delta plane out of Boston made an emergency landing at Hopkins Airport in Cleveland, OH. It was evacuated and searched, and turned out to be a false alarm. No hijackers, no bomb (as was rumored).
The airport was shut down for a time, many buildings including nearby NASA Glenn were evacuated (as far away as Akron).

The "thing" is that a second airplane was reportedly considered "in distress" in or near Cleveland airspace. It was Flight 93, which crashed in PA. Cleveland air traffic controllers heard the pilots arguing and/or struggling with the hijackers, and an "accented" voice announcing to the passengers that there was a bomb on board.

Yet another "thing" is that there were rumors of two airplanes being grounded in Cleveland. One was the Delta flight mentioned above, one was reported to be Flight 93 with 200 passengers on board.

So the question remains .... did 2 planes get grounded at Hopkins? Was one of them Flight 93?
Or was it just the confusion of the day?

-B.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Interesting read...I'm trying to keep myself optimistic that some day justice will catch up with whatever really happened - can't say I know what it is, but I know what's been served is questionable.

If our true statesmen were alive today and witnessed the prostituition of their vision, I bet they'd abandon America and try again on Mars...

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Banshee

The "thing" is .......

So the question remains .... did 2 planes get grounded at Hopkins?

Thank you Banshee, I remember exactely what you are talking about, thanks for filling me in. AS with so many instances in the wholse 9/11 story, there seem to be far too many unanswered questions. Are you saying that the air taffic controlers heard the terrorists aboard the flight to PA? What time did this occur at do you have any idea?

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 03:43 AM
link   
I think the truth is somewhere down the middle. I doubt the government took an active role in the attacks, but I do believe they willfully closed their eyes to the warnings. They knew that bin laden had declared jihad against us, and they ignored warnings from an FBI agent here in Phx that reported suspicious middle eastern men that were very interested in learning to fly fast. Bush wanted a reason to attack Iraq and knew most americans would blindly believe Iraq was involved. Also, it gives them more authority to monitor everyone here more closely. But why would they cut their own vein by flying a plane into the pentagon, and wherever the PA plane was headed? The trade center wouldve been more than enough to invoke the anger and fear needed for their agenda. Also there are alot of people who believe the government is aiming to invoke martial law and confine us to our homes or place us in FEMA concentration camps, for total control. Which is completely paranoid and ridiculous, does anyone really think the oil moguls and corporate fat cats that really run things want to see us stop spending money and consuming? Are they tired of being rich? I doubt it. I just think if the government did know, they let it happen so they can push their agenda overseas with our support and watch people more closely here, which sucks, and I hope we vote GW out, but I doubt its a stepping stone for total control of us. Just my opinion.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Cleveland Airport thing...

September 11, 2001, Tuesday, BC cycle

SECTION: State and Regional

LENGTH: 409 words

HEADLINE: Plane makes emergency landing

BYLINE: By PAUL SINGER, Associated Press Writer

DATELINE: CLEVELAND

This article say the plane landed at 10:45, 25 minutes after American airspace was shut down from further incoming flights.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 08:15 AM
link   
'Beware the leader who bangs the drums of war in order to whip the citizenry into a patriotic fervor, for patriotism is indeed a double-edged sword. It both emboldens the blood, just as it narrows the mind.... And when the drums of war have reached a fever pitch and the blood boils with hate and the mind has closed, the leader will have no need in seizing the rights of the citizenry. Rather, the citizenry, infused with fear and blinded with patriotism, will offer up all of their rights unto the leader, and gladly so. How do I know? For this is what I have done. And I am Caesar'

I love that quote.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Damn, nicely placed quote,7th_Chakra. I hope you reach some of the closed minds on these forums with that one.

[edit on C:Friocu06e6 by Opus]

[edit on C:Friocu06e6 by Opus]

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Opus
Damn, nicely placed quote,7th_Chakra.

Wise words indeed chakra. There is a reason behind the fear.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 12:45 PM
link   
thanks. Its not my quote though (just making sure you know)

Yeah fear is the mask the NWO is hiding behind imo. Every other law passed now is to make it harder for the terrorists.

Hey get a chip in the back of your neck, it'll stop terrorism.

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Yes chakra, I knew it wasn't you, but well placed by yourself. I'm not sure about the NWO, but I know that it really comes down do a small group of people running the world in some way or another.

new topics

top topics

join