It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Easy Rider UFO Scene

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
All the drugs they take in the movie they actually take for real, whilst filming.

These were a few trippers who filmed an anti-establishment movie about chasing the american dream. Jack Nicholson (being the largest name actor) was still young and relatively unknown, compared to now.

Inspired by Jack Kerouac's novel On The Road now doubt.

Yes most big budget films made between then and now were undoubtedly produced/overseen by TPTB, but I wouldn't lump this film in with them.

Fantastic scene by the way, and my favourite from the film.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by October

Yea they zigzagged just like the papers,

zig zag
www.smokersoutletonline.com...

But yes they do zig zag, I have seen them.

[edit on 093030p://bWednesday2010 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I remember watching a documentary about Easy Rider a few years ago and I recall that one of the actresses (Karen Black) said that the UFO scene came from Terry Southern who was into the subject at the time.

I think it was just a case that he was personally interested in the subject and wanted to put his own theories into the movie.

Interestingly I don't think you can read it as just being an example of what stoners talk about. Nicholson's character is a lawyer who has never smoked before but he is the one who 'knows' all the facts about UFOs in this scene.

I think Southern was trying to get this this information out there but only because he believed in it and thought it was important.

I recall a similar scene in the 1978 version of Invasion of the Body Snatchers where a character espouses the 'Ancient Astronaut' theory. These subjects have been around for a long time so it's not surprising that they are sometimes referenced in popular culture.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by MarrsAttax

Thanks for the heads up to the origin of the scene in the movie. It's good that he managed to put his view in the scene. I was trying to find other scenes in movies that covered the subject but can't find any more unfortunately.

October

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by October

Imagine being an Alien and the first human you contact is Jack Nicholson. No wonder they hide from the rest of us.

Could be worse... they could have met Christopher Walken first.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by MarrsAttax
I remember watching a documentary about Easy Rider a few years ago and I recall that one of the actresses (Karen Black) said that the UFO scene came from Terry Southern who was into the subject at the time.

At that time I do not recall any UFO interest by any one.
Perhaps paid for interest for disinformation was an ongoing thing
by the CIA.
After all the 1950s Alien movies had run its course.
ED:
Terry Southern

[edit on 6/3/2010 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by draknoir2

Too true, Christopher Walken does not look like something from this planet anyway but i thought he was a good role for the movie communion. My all time favourite has to be Close Encounters Of The Third Kind. That was the movie that from a small child made me interested today in this subject. I didn't even know what the film was about but seeing the air traffic controllers crowded round those monitors was what kicked it off for me:

The "actors" here were actually real air traffic controllers brought in for authenticity as far as i can remember.

[edit on 3/6/10 by October]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join