It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would be the result of defeating North Korea?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Since the fuse has been lit and soon the fire is going to ignite the TNT. One big question many people have on their mind. Is what will result in defeating North Korea at war? North Korea is no Iraq. I can't see the same results when they brought down the statue of Saddam Hussein during the Iraqi invasion. One big success for the U.S and South Korea imprisoning or to kill Kim Jong Il and his family. Every North Korea is brainwashed worship Kim Jong Il and his family. If the Allies destroyed their image then they would truly be able to defeat the North Korean government and military.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I believe that the U.S. and S. Korea would have a lot of people to babysit if N. Korea were defeated. Thats just what we need, another nation to try to nanny around.

MessOnTheFED!

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by MessOnTheFED!

I think the job would be more difficult. One big challenge will be to destroy the image of Kim Jong Il. Once they do that. Then we win the war. Everyone else would collapse from the only life support of keeping the people in line.

[edit on 2-6-2010 by Romantic_Rebel]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
After looking at the photo of the torpedo which is being touted as "proof"
that North Korea sank that war ship, and seeing that it is somewhat covered with barnacles, which I understand means it has been under water much longer then the time frame of the "act of war", I would answer:

Theres going to be some very unhappy innocent victims an all sides, and there are going to be some very happy warmongers.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

Ok so we erase Jong Il's memory from every person. Then what? You still have millions upon millions of brainwashed sheep just waiting to be herded. My guess is the next person would just step in and take control. You have to get the people over there to wake up and i dont have a clue how thats going to happen.

MessOnTheFED!

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Of course! But the family has more of a Godly image across the country. Even in the top political government. From my studies destroying the image since the founding of the country can be a very big for the Allies.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

Yes it would be beneficial, but to what extent? Wouldnt the next man in line just step in as soon as Kim and his family were forgotten?

On a side note. I just started a thread on kim and how utterly crazy he is. check it out if you want to.

Here it is

MessOnTheFED!

[edit on 2-6-2010 by MessOnTheFED!]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   

I also have a thread of cult of personality in North Korea.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
The prices of imported goods to the West would increase considerably on account of loosing a massive chunk of our slave labour.

A few would make a fortune of arms sales.

Thats what you have to outweigh the short term proffits made from arms dealing and re construction contracts vs the long term loss in manufacturing costs.

Then what the #, regime change, people will need rights, they will need elections they will want unions good rates of pay, costly revamps to improve working conditions, the price of there exports escalate to help recoup these losses.

Does the U.S want to spend billions on toppling North Korea then further Billions of investment to create another Japan?, nope.

Economicly things are fine the way they are. Doubt North Korea is in any danger of invasion, unless maybe it decided to commit mass national suicide and nuke Japan.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Considering that:
Rumsfelt and Israel have sold NK much of thier higher order weapons technology knowing what type of regime was in power...

The pix of that torpedo are up on the net for all the people to see, along with a professional apraisle of the marine growths on it

America's past record of destroying countries for non existant weapons of mass destruction...

Wouldn't world wide world opinion hold America as being even lower than Isreal's attack on that aid flotilla to Gaza?

Gee, even wearing Canadian flags like the American press wore in Iraq wouldn't help salvage America's reputation then.

Oh yeah I almost forgot
What about the torpedoes in the gulf of Tonkin
Which the American covernment now officially admits NEVER HAPPENED..
I guess you can fool some of the people all of the time...

Can they grow opium in NK?

[edit on 2-6-2010 by Danbones]

[edit on 2-6-2010 by Danbones]

new topics

top topics

join