It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

**Arizona's Gov. Brewer: We'll Fight Obama Efforts to Overturn Immigration Law! (She to meet him t

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   

WASHINGTON – Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer will meet with President Barack Obama on Thursday, a White House aide confirmed amid mounting ire over the state's immigration law that critics say encourages ethnic profiling.

Wednesday, 02 Jun 2010 12:19 PM
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ea5b91881572.jpg[/atsimg]
Asked what she might ask of the president when they meet, Brewer said she would tell Obama that Arizona needs its border secured. "We need your help, we've been putting up with this for eight, 10 years, we need it now... We can't tolerate it any longer, America can't tolerate it any longer," Brewer said.

A defiant Brewer told CNN Tuesday night that her state will fight any federal attempts to overturn the law. She also cited several major polls that have showed national support for the immigration law running as high as two-thirds of registered voters surveyed. A majority in several polls said they want a similar law in their own states. "We'll meet you in court," she said Tuesday, addressing the Obama administration. "I have a pretty good record of winning in court."

The White House confirmed the meeting following criticism over reports that Obama would not be able to meet with her while she is in Washington this week, according to Fox News.

Brewer had requested a face-to-face meeting with Obama and Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano, the former Arizona governor, as tensions rose between his administration and the Grand Canyon State over its controversial law.

The White House denies that Obama snubbed Brewer, saying there initially were some scheduling issues this week that have been resolved. "This administration has dedicated unprecedented resources over the past 16 months to fulfill the federal government's responsibility to secure the southwest border," the White House official said in confirming the talks between Obama and Brewer.
Source: www.newsmax.com...

YOU GO GIRL! Tell Obama and the rest the way it really is in the real world and not what they are playing in fantasyland. Stick to your guns and call him/them out. Do what is RIGHT for AZ and USA.

(nice picture they put with the story. I guess showing she is MAD AS HELL!)

We got your back-in PA. Prayers to you and your supporters!

Any ATS members from AZ that can give us on the ground reports etc?

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
If all states targeted the employers who hire illegals, that would be helpful. Enforcing already existing laws is necessary. These people have been begging for help for long enough and the government cannot keep ignoring the issue.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
You gotta like the gal... she has more guts than anyone I have seen in the WH.... she has my vote 100%.

No one in the political arena has any courage to deal with this thing... well i would like to see all the states deal with this one... but there will be the political weenies that cower and run from it..... rest assured of that.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I am so glad to see someone in government finally standing up for the citizens of this country. She is doing the right thing by standing her ground and I hope she continues to do so. Hopefully more governors will follow in her footsteps and we can put an end to this invasion and take the first step to getting our country back on track.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Yes, me too. I hope she gives Obama the third degree! The government is doing nothing to seal our Border, and our AG, for all of his intelligence, is talking lawsuit against Gov. Brewer, for enforcing the law! Go get him, Jan!

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by chise61

Sarah Palin tried and is trying. Actually she was able to fight them back a little when she got involved with ending the Bridge to Nowhere.

But, I agree, we need more like these ladies. What the hell happened to the men in politics?

I wish we could see the meeting live and score it. See who wins. Of course she would because she is correct.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Sadly we have very few politicians left that have not been corrupted by power and greed.

Yes I would love to be a fly on the wall during that meeting.

She is definately right on this issue, America can no longer tolerate the invasion of illegal immigrants. That's why he attempted to avoid a meeting with her because he knows that not only is she right, but that a good majority of Americans back her up on this issue.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Over the past several years it has been rare to see a politician take a stand. She would definitely have my vote. Hmmm, sort of makes you wonder if there will be a Brewer 2012 ticket?

Although I was informed by my local State senator via email that it is late in the legislative year to be introducing new legislation, he assured me they are with AZ on this here in TN. For example this in the May 24, 2010 issue of Tennessean.Com

TN House congratulates Arizona on immigration law

By Chas Sisk • THE TENNESSEAN • May 24, 2010

The state House of Representatives approved a resolution honoring Arizona for its controversial immigration law over the objection of foes who argued Tennessee should not involve itself in another state’s fight.

Lawmakers voted 67-27 in favor of a measure brought by state Rep. Joe Carr, R-Lascassas, that commended Arizona for having “the initiative and the courage ... to protect their citizens and the borders of our great nation” by adopting a state law that lets police question people they suspect of being in the country illegally.

That being said, I think I can honestly say that we would be right there in the thick of it.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Wayne60

Great info Wayne60. Yes, I heard TN was a tough State on immigration also.

We ARE NOT in PA. Heck, our welfare list just keep growing and growing. The Welfare Investigators are NOT allowed to investigate complaints from the Public. Only in-house generated one.

I think it will become an issue real soon-for the Nov 2010 Elections.

top topics

join