It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[videos] Breaks Out of Hand Cuffs with 'Powerful Energy' Technique / Man Creates Fire With Hands

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by TLomon

i would recommend stephen hayes, he has alot of good introductory books out, also he is by far the easiest to understand as far as translating Japanese based thought to a western world oriented mind

his books are relatively cheap, like between 10 and 20 bucks in paper back, and although they are usually less than an inch or two thick ( exact number of pages per book varies ) he is very informative

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
My opinion is that too much is mixed up with lore and legends and too little focuses on actual history evidence.

As an earlier posted stated, a ninja's primary weapon was deception. The Book of Five Rings would most likely be standard training for them (since I don't believe it was written just yet). The practice of starting fires to cover an escape was called "katon-no-jutsu", which I believe translates as "fire techniques". I believe techniques like this were later transformed into legendary magic powers (can create fire from hands).

I would like to believe there was mystical powers, but I am failing to find evidence to support anything other fantasy when it comes to the stories.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I also think that the samurai mentality also aided the ninja mythos, a Samurai would confront his enemy, state his name and whatever reason to fight (not including actual war), there was no such thing as gurilla (spelling?) warfare really before the ninja. A cross between James or Jane Bond as women were also ninja and special forces, the rest was just for fear purposes.

[edit on 2-6-2010 by Kurokage]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Since we are on the subject of ninja powers - let me digress a moment into the art of invisibility.

In the 1600s, a playwrite wanted to portray ninja on set, but needed to do something to push the envelope. The Japanese used stagehands dressed in all black that the audience learned to ignore - you simply didn't see them cross the screen. The playwrite decided to have a ninja dress like one of the stagehands, so when he assassinated one of the characters, the audience truly was shocked - because they didn't see him!

Now, did the power of invisibility exist before that time? Unknown, although I do believe they were exceptionally trained in stealth. However, this is the supposed origin of the black suits that we think of today.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by TLomon

interesting speculation, i'd like to beleive also that the Ninja had super powers as well

the first time i heard of the Ninja i was watching a thing on the History Channel about them. They described a training method in which they were brought out into the middle of the woods and faced a certain number of wooden small sheds shaped like what we know today to be 'port-a-potties'.. anyways, in one shed was a person, the others were empty. The training method here was to use the bioelectric sensation that surounded the Ninja to sense which shed housed a person. The process was repeated until the number of sheds could be increased and variations created to make it more difficult.

Remote viewing is another tool of the Ninja. I doubt they were the 'first' to create it, if they did in fact create it themselves, but the same discovery channel show talked of their training further involving their ability to remote view inside of castles, inside enemy territory, wherever they needed to preform their missions. If you'd like i could further explain remote viewing and find some more recent scientific data that suggests anyone can remote view. back on topic, the Ninja were undoubtfully skilled at covering up simple and practical techniques and making them look like 'sorcery' but that doesn't change the fact that they did engage in very occult and profound spiritual workings, those are two examples.

Since watching that program years or so ago, and living in Japan, i have become deeply interested into finding out more for my own personal path in this life...

I know of a training technique dr hatsumi (grandmaster of the bujinkan dojo) uses in his training. He stands behind a student who is bent before him and raises a sword ready to strike. In his mind he doesn't think about striking the student, but the student is trained to 'psychicly' try and read his mind, eventually at random intervals dr hatsumi will begin to strike , the goal of the student is to roll away just as the thought arises in dr hatsumi's mind or before he strikes them. This is done in a setting where noise or any other variable does not effect the student. The goal of this method is to be able to read people's minds in the sense of knowing wether they have aggressive motives or are thinking of attacking, and thus knowing and being ready before they attack.

Such training like those examples are actually just the tip of the ice berg. As i said before, we (as 'non Ninja') don't really know how deep the rabbit hole goes, as the Ninja have survived by keeping their secrets secret. The more you get into it, the more you find out. Those who ARE Ninja know even more, the grandmaster, and those he decides worthy, know even more.

You say that there is not necessarily enough evidence. hmmm, well, that's true. There is no evidence that the Ninja produced fire from their hands, or that a Ninja could preform a similiar technique to the first video i presented. In fact the evidence shows that if they could do such, there probably would be a rational explanation that didn't involve 'super powers' to their doing it.

But again, there is information out there to the Ninjas developement of very occult 'powers' and psychic abilities. Does it go that far? I don't know. Perhaps only the Ninja know
my personal opinion based on occult experiences of my own is that these type of phenomenon are indeed possible, but of course the videos in question might not actually be authentic, they are though, noteworthy and worth this thread and conversation, so i thank you for adding

But with all that we do know about the Ninja, who is to say the rabbit hole doesn't go any deeper? You might never know..

[edit on 6/2/2010 by indigothefish]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by indigothefish
(lots of stuff)
remote viewing
(lots of stuff)

Using this example - you have modern day people making interpretations of what they believe (or want) to be true.

Could "remote viewing" mean scout ahead unseen? Does "reading minds" actually mean reading body language?

The technique you are describing would be an interesting one to evaluate. Discovery had a show on chi force, and the examples and interviews they included were the worst possible ones they could find. It did more to hurt the belief in chi then disbelief.

There are plenty of things I want to believe in. The problem is sorting out fact from fiction, and that is not always an easy thing to do when we are talking about events that happened over 500 years ago.

Edit: fixed quote

[edit on 2010/6/2 by TLomon]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by TLomon

i'm having trouble understanding why you quoted me saying

"lots of stuff
remote viewing
lots of stuff"

clarify?

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by TLomon

i can u2u you some remote viewing information if you're interested? it's an interesting phenomenon/ skill to say the least. i know you already obviously have a computer with the capabilities of searching the information and fact yourself, but if you'd like i could whip up some links and what not for you on the subject in a non-related to this thread U2U?

[edit on 6/2/2010 by indigothefish]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join