It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[videos] Breaks Out of Hand Cuffs with 'Powerful Energy' Technique / Man Creates Fire With Hands

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
i was searching the web earlier the other day looking for some credible Ninjutsu and Ninja related material...

INTRO: (you can skip the intro and scroll down direct to the videos)

alot of people are not aware of this but the Ninja were highly advanced practitioners of some very powerful occult or spiritual energy workings aside from their awesome martial arts and fighting skills. Not to be 'off topic' but that is just was i was searching for at the time. Seeing as how the Ninja were created through the influence of migrant Buddhist monks from China that came to the secluded mountains of Japan, it is not hard to imagine where the Ninja's mystical techniques and abilities came from.

For instance: When we think of the Tibetan buddhist monks we get images of the perfection of martial art, Kung Fu, and the harnessing of Chi, energy, to do amazing and super natural things... for anyone not informed on the Ninja of feudal Japan, the Ninja were clearly at that level of supernatural abilities, which brings me to my post...

It's not hard to find YouTube vidoes of the Tibetan monks practicing some of their ascetic and strange supernatural abilities, but the Ninja practices that i was searching for got me a little lost in the information hive, the ninja themselves have always thrived and sustained themselves in the shadows of our conciousness... Even though with the creation of the internet and unlimited information on any subject, it seems the Ninja still to this day protect their most sacred arts are secrets and maintain that only the few, or the lucky, discover them...

end of intro

THE VIDEOS:

I found a video of what seems to be a genuine news report of a man named Joe or Joey Nuzum who either claims to be, or is, or perhaps just the news station is claiming him to be, a Ninjutsu master. I state that in that manner because in my breif uneducated and not so well endowed depth of knowledge on Ninjutsu and the Ninja i have not yet heard his name until now. My point being i do not know the authenticity of his being a Ninjutsu 'master' or somehow being involved in the art of Ninpo...

Anyways, here it is:

EDIT: for some reason, embedding the video has been disabled, here is a link directly to the youtube video

I have a few speculations regarding this video which i will get into next, but here is the next video i have found of this man which i hold in question or interesting for now, to say the least...

MY THOUGHTS:

I have a few thoughts on this video as well...

my thoughts on the first video, of course, being as i said that i'm not sure as to his authenticity of being a Ninjutsu master, but then again as i stated, if he is then his abilities would go hand in hand with the existing myths of the Ninja. Especially due to the fact that he is escaping from hand cuffs. Escape was probably the most important thing a Ninja had to know how to do.

Of course i have a few other thoughts. Perhaps this video is true, he is using some supernatural ability to break free, but would not like to be categorized as another street magician like david blain and what not. Dressing up as a Ninja and falling to the category of 'Ninja abilities' could be a great cue for the witnesses mind to beleive his abilities to not be some 'magic trick' and intead just a 'Ninja super power'. Although not everyone beleives the Ninja had super powers, at least no one would doubt that it actually was something supernatural, or think it was just a trick of a street magician...

As for HOW he broke free, if in fact genuine, that's up for speculation and perhaps the reason i chose the share the video here, to hear your thoughts on it

My thoughts on the second video: I have heard of abilities that relate to creating and sustaining fire with the mind. For some reason though the videos of him 'creating' fire seem to my intuition to need close scrutiny. There are ways that you can blend certain chemicals or perhaps create similiar pyrotechnical events without the 'super power' of creating firing. All i'm saying is, maybe the second video isn't quite enough to satisfy me yet

Hope you enjoy

peace

[edit on 6/2/2010 by indigothefish]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Don't forget that ninjas were masters of mis-direction and helped push the myths that surrounded them during the shogun dynasty. It helped them if they were thought of as magic and demons!! Would you fight one if you were a guard on your own and had one appear or would you just run, thinking he was some kind of demon.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Illusionists have been doing the slight of hand for quite sometime.

"What the eye's see, the ears hear, the mind believes!"
-Harry Houdini

Those cuffs could have been rigged, and most likely are/were.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
It is true that given the chance to blow an ability out of proportion, they (the Ninja) would allow their enemies to beleive a lie, or false belief, such as them having super powers, or being demons, especially when such beleifs actually benefited the Ninja

But as i said earlier, there were not just smart and well endowed with martial arts skills, they were influenced by the Buddhist monks of China and had spiritual and occult training that led to their abilities being 'more so' than that of the ordinary warrior

such abilities and practices were similiar to the Yamabushi of Japan, of which i had made a thread for their introduction here

or you can start a google search on the subject, it's not hard at all to find references to the Shinobi no Mono, or Ninja's strange yet powerful practices that led to their abilities and perfection in combat and espionage,

of course, it is a possibility that if he truely is engaged in the Ninpo arts, that he is simply doing just what you said: reinforcing a Ninja myth or lie
that is a possibility because, when the Ninja started being labeled as half human half crow, or half human half demon by their fearful enemies, the Ninja embraced such a beleif since it benefited them greatly, as you said

but my main point of referencing the Ninja here in this thread was to clarify that if he were a modern (and western) Ninpo practicioner, and his abilities were true, they would go hand in hand with what we already know to be fact about the Ninja's occult practices and spiritual abilities

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
The "tissue paper" he is igniting in the second video is called "flash paper" and is a very, VERY old magicians trick. Anytime you see magicians causing large flashes, or covering something for a trick, and then the thing they cover it with suddenly erupts in a bright ball of flame and disappears, it's flash paper.

Any good magician could replicate either the flash paper trick or the handcuff trick. Just the fact that the guy is using flash paper, something one can usually only buy in a magic shop in the first place, makes all of this pretty suspect.

The hand cuffs, well, Houdini and ten thousand other magicians have done the exact same trick, and even much more difficult variations on the same. I can guarantee you that the guy slipped a key or pick out of his shoe, sleeve, pants cuffs (somewhere) and unlocked those cuffs while he was "struggling" with them. His whole mumbo-jumbo about having audience members shaking bottles and then vibrating out of the cuffs is just showmanship - the cuffs were unlocked before he got to that point. That's how these tricks work. If he were a magician on stage, I'd say "bravo," but he's claiming he's got true mystical powers and so instead I call him a hoaxer.

My father was a magic hobbiest and he had some friends who were top magicians, well known in the field if not actually famous. I've been surrounded by this kind of stuff my whole life and I can spot it a mile away.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
The security guy talked about how his reputation was on the line, and talked about the fact that he was suprised. He would have to be connected to the martial artist in order to be "in on it". Have you done and extensive search to see if the two could be connected OP?
This strikes me as having the potential to be real based on the amazing things I've seen done in the martial arts over the years. Do a google search and youtube search on one Russell Stutely. He is Europe's biggest badass and he trains LEO's up and down the east coast here in the states in his seminars. His classes are now open to individuals that are non LEO's and I hope to take one one of these days. This guy knows pressure points like nobody else and can turn a grown man's knees and legs to jelly with what appears to be a lazy slap to the skull You will like Stutely. I should do a thread about him actually

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Great thread by the way!!
I think the biggest difference between ninja today compared to old is that they were taught at a very young age, the clan would be based around a small village, with all things ninja hidden from view. They would be a family/ small comunity hidden in the open so to speak, with children being initiated at a very young age.
I agree the history of the ninja is some kind of cross with Samurai and buddist monk and most of the stories state this, but I personaly don't believe in real ninja magic.
I think it was slight of hand and illusion to create fear.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
How about this guy for some real 'magic'

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Kurokage, you have mentioned history and stories about the ninja. Could you please supply some titles you would recommend to learn more about the subject? My library does have a significant hole dealing with Asian histories.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
A friend of mine had the privilege of going to Shaolin to train with The infamous Shaolin Warrior Monks. He got to live with them and learn what they learn. He has a video of the Monks doing extra-ordinary feats you can view the video here

survivorchan.com...

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Has anyone heard of "Beyond Magick Productions"? It seems that there is a Joey Nuzum connected with this company that offers production packages.

Here's a snippet with the link below:

Inventing magick feats and stunts for some of the top magicians and magic manufacturers in the world, Joey Nuzum also functions as both a consultant and advisor.

Every production package that is created and performed is carefully planned and produced with the same quality and perfection as all Beyond Magick Production events.

beyond-magick.tripod.com...

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
LOL people believe anything what they are told or see. That trick has been done by so many escapologists I cant believe people think this is a real paranormal event.

BTW if you ever had the displeasure of being put in handcuffs you will know that they hurt like hell if tightened too much as it digs into the wrist bone. After seeing the security guard squeezing the handcuffs that tightly I believe those cuffs were trick cuffs or modified.

The fire guy is another example of a conman. I remember watching a video of a guy who can apparently smash a window with just his thoughts later turned out to be a fraud cant remember the reason. I also remeber a guy who said he could turn pages with just his mind...turns out he was blowing air out of his mouth....Thses are not paranormal events but conman looking for fame like Uri geller. However there some humans that do have strange natural abilities like one russian guy who can literally produce excess electricity with his body and you can see the electric arc between his fingers and he can set things alight. However there is a price to be paid for his talents...he burns his fingers every time he does the trick and you can see them going black....

[edit on 2/6/2010 by loner007]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by TLomon

I wouldn't waste money on books now that there is so much good history now online. Most of what I know about ninja comes from a Japanese firend I have, it's also how I ended up with my screen name! He was a Japanese exchange student who stayed with my Bro' (we both practiced a couple of Japanese martial arts and studied the language and the history) many years ago and was amazed at our interest and knowledge in all things Japan. We spent many hours talking about Samurai and ninja, great times.

Back on topic.

He believed that ninja magic and also people who believe Chi and Ki as some kind of magical power that can be thrown around like something from manga was rubbish. He believed like I do that it's a useful tool for focusing the mind.

[edit on 2-6-2010 by Kurokage]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I prefer books, preferably by scholars who have researched the history of the area. The problem with online sources and friends is there is a huge tendancy of people to fall into "fan-boy" fiction.

For example, how many times is a masterwork katana folded? No cheating - don't look it up.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
It's a tricky question really. the softer material is folded between approx 100 to 200 time but then attached to harder rod.

edited to add-Thats the quickest I had to think and post in a while lol
also dont forget that if you fold a fold then fold, then fold again, you fold the folds!!!
so its exponential.

Added to stay on topic what are your opinions on ninja and asian mysticism? Do you practice a martial art, do you believe in a magical side the ninja?

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kurokage
It's a tricky question really. the softer material is folded between approx 100 to 200 time but then attached to harder rod.

>>sigh

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by TLomon

I disagree with that. Fold something in half you get two, fold it again you get four and so on and so fourth. You soon end with a big number quick. Like I said before in my edit its exponential.

The softer steel is foldded then attached to stiffer steel to add stiffness to the blade, the folded material is added, it starts out as two parts. This is why a katana is so good a soft outer for flexiabilty and a hard back bone to stop it bending. Please look it up.
Also please don't call me a fan boy, I'm in my thirties with many years of martail arts under my belt.
Maybe we should save this for another thread my friend.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Perhaps this is a problem with the vocabulary used. There is a difference between "folded" and "folds". Based on your definition, you are using folds, although given your definition your numbers are low (should be 1024-4064 folds).

Sorry to insult you over something as trivial as a word. No need for another thread.

However, I am still interested in books involving the history of ninja - I am knowledgable of the modern influences, including where the black outfits came from, but I am missing information dating back to pre-1600s.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Sorry you got the wrong end of the stick or should that be sword

It's only folded around 12 to 20 times but with the "folds" this mounts up, thats why I said it was a tricky question. But the average including the "folds" is around 100 to 200.
This was a fair few years ago, I'm a bit rusty now with the real world taking up all my time, Ahh to do it all again and be a history teacher, teaching Japanese ancient history!! But then I'd need a degree
not an interest.
staying on the topic at hand what are your opinions on ninja magic.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
These videos are funny.

The first is BS. If he truly had power of mind over matter, he'd use it to grow some hair, then hopefully he'd visit a reputable haistylist. The cuffs are clearly rigged. The "assistant" shakes them gently like he's being careful not to make them fall out. How about using some good old-timey shackles that lock nice and tight? 'Mind over matter' those loose.

The flash paper is funny, too. He strains his face until the paper burns up. Ooooh, impressive.

Not.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join