It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is ATS now an Israeli hate site?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
People are entitled to their feelings. If you hate a group you should be able to express your feelings in a public forum; people can hate you back, I suppose, which is their perogative. There is plenty of hate to go around.

The Israelis aren't the only victims of prejudice. A lot of contempt shown against Muslims on this forum. Personally, I don't recommend hatred but sometimes it's hard to keep one's feelings in check.

[edit on 3-6-2010 by Deuteronomy 23:13]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b

The home page of ATS now has more Israeli hatred threads than I care to count. It looks like the site is being used and abused by a coordinated effort to spread anti-Israeli propaganda.

I don't think so. And honestly I'm starting to find the amount of high drama and rhetoric and sabre rattling coming out of that part of the world from both sides to be terribly boring.

Personally I've been listening to this entire Middle East peace deal and it's constant failures all my life. If you blokes ever actually stopped the constant warmongering the region is now synonymous with you'd quickly fall into obscurity. And rightly so.

If Israel and it's neighbours fighting wasn't such a threat to the rest of the world and our peace and stability you'd get little coverage. And even less attention.

And I don't think you could live like that. You thrive on this and benefit from it. So stop complaining and enjoy the fact anyone actually pays any attention to your petty affairs at all.

Frankly I find myself wishing for you to go to war and kill eachother already so we don't have to listen to this belligerent and childish nonsense.

[edit on 3-6-2010 by belial259]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Hmm I dont post very often anymore, mainly because I see more and more threads on ATS descending into flame wars regrading politics, race, relgion or the filling I like in my Subway (some people just like to argue).

I am not a racist, I dont judge people by relgion, race, sexuality, politics or the subway filling they like.

So I can say that I am not a nazi, I am not anti-semtic, I am not a lefty or anything else. I read things with what I hope is an open mind as it was the way my dad raised me (for example in the coming world cup i will be supporting England and yet I am Scottish)

However having read this thread I am shocked by Lucid's argument, that ATS the website that I love is anti-Israel because the most popular topics at present or this week happen to be around the biggest news story of the moment. Yes many of us have formed opnions on the rights and wrongs of this issue because we have a moral companss inside of us. We hope that we know right from wrong, good from evil.

In this case Israel is in the wrong, they murdered people. You cannot do this it is a simple as that. You say that the commando force was only doing their job and defending themselves from being attacked. I say they had no right to be on the ships in the first place. Does this mean that Israel has the right in 'defence' of its homeland to commit wholesale murder before any crime is commited.

I am truly sorry for crimes that have been commited to the Jewish People in History however that does not give Israel the right to do what it wants on the world stage it just doesnt and it staggers me that when people try and say they are sickned, horrifed, disgusted by what happened they are automatically labeled as bigots. I am not a bigot. If it was any country that did this I would be disguted.

So no ATS is not anti-Israel, anti-jewish or anti-semitic. What it is is one of the world most popular non mainstream news and discussion form site in the world; this was one of the biggest stories in the last month, and most people find state funded murder not that nice a things so we post against it. I do not hate Israel, in truth it is a country I would love to visit. What I hate is the 2 face politics that seem to be in play here.

Lucid you need to deny ignorance and face up to the fact that even if you support the actions that Israel took that many of us do not.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by lucid eyes

ratio of 9 anti-israeli threads to 1 pro

Is that the other side of the argument?

"Anti-Israeli", "Anti-Semite"

Lame, Boring

If it is labeling game, then we all can do that unfortunately

[pro-terrorism]
[Islamophobia]
[...................]
[Fill in the brackets]

Name calling is lazy way of debating Lucid Dream, that is what FOX news does.

Yes you are a reporter, but your observation skills doesn't match your sense of understand.

Why do you suspect there is 9-1 Anti-Israeli thread ratio?

Is that how you conclude the anti-Semite argument?

But how do you correlate Anti-Israeli thread, with Anti-Semite, with wait, there is no more anti.. What about criticizing Israel, where does that come to play in this whole formula?

Maybe there is so many threads criticizing Israel because Israel continues breaking International law in daily bases? Do you suspect that is true? Hence the SETTLEMENT EXPANSION? Hence the WALL? Hence the BLOCKADE? Hence the OCCUPATION?

I'm still talking to a wall

Journalist for who?

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

ATS will not remain an Israeli hate site as long
as I am a member here!

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
reply to post by poet1b

ATS will not remain an Israeli hate site as long
as I am a member here!

And ATS won't become another Israeli propaganda machine as long as I'm here.

This is not CBS, nor FOX news, this is where independent minds come together and see for themselves.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eagleheart56
reply to post by harryhaller

Quite possibly your country is quilty of the same thing that the adminstration of the US is, and that is judging before the facts are in. It is apparent to most people no that the ship was there just to initiate a confrontation with Israel and if a few of its crew memebrs were killed by that it is no problem to the Islamics, after all they encourage their children to put on bomb belts and kill as many infidels as they can.

The ship was there to ensure delivery of donated goods. Since the Isrealis don't allow cement, or paper, or pencils in to all those terrorists.

My country is guilty of many things. We have stood before a condemning world, and accepted our failings. I know what apartheid looks like. Do you?

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by lucid eyes

Originally posted by DomhainGràdh
Where do you get this crap Lucid?

you have provided nothing coherent or valid

irrational and erratic non sense.

what sort of rubbish is that? You’re failing very drastically.

ill thought out, offensive and idiotic

spouting hate speech and preaching intolerance.

You are just trolling and stirring the sh....

More than talking to you guys Im interested posting for the benefit of the reader so that they see the argumentation of the other side. Since we have a ratio of 9 anti-israeli threads to 1 pro it is my journalistic duty to do so.

In my short time posting here we have seen faulty logic, a temper tantrum and from you several ad hominem statements

Let me help you guys form a proper rebuttal to what I said. I made out Israels enemies as Leftists and Jihadists. That was my explanation of why there is such a high anti-israel ratio here. Israel is seen as "establishment", this website caters to "anti-establishment".

Your rebuttal could have been: "You call it leftist being against a regime that oppresses the Palestinians?" or "You call freedom fighters jihadists?". You could have described the plight of Palestine or the positive Intentions of the flotilla.

Courses in Logic, Communication and History recommended.

Hope that helps

[edit on 3-6-2010 by lucid eyes]

Oh dear.

Israel is committing crimes such as the Taliban, Iran, North Korea, China and many more. These nations receive condemnation, sanctions and in some cases invasion and forcible regime change.

Please enlighten us - Why does Israel get special treatment? Why is it fine to condemn Arab terrorist and Korean terrorist, yet when we criticise Israel for similar we are labelled racists, anti Semites and Jew haters?

Can't you see the hypocrisy in your argument? This is not solely about Israelis actions this week and the willingness of the west and people like you to accept it. This is about fair justice for all of the people of the world.

Israel should not be above the law and their continual defiance of the IC should not be tolerated when so many other nations suffer far worse for the same crimes Israel commits.

There is something very wrong and you are blinded by the lights and clinging on to pathetic arguments that are so far from the point!

You stupid and Wrong - you are a hypocrite and denier. How does that feel?
^That is basically the sum total of your argument and reactions towards me and many others here and throughout the world.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by DomhainGràdh

Please enlighten us - Why does Israel get special treatment? Why is it fine to condemn Arab terrorist and Korean terrorist, yet when we criticise Israel for similar we are labelled racists, anti Semites and Jew haters?

Can't you see the hypocrisy in your argument?

I bet you ten bux he won't answer non of those questions.

He is doing this to "stir it up" a little bit, pretty obvious.

RIP Bob Marley

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Since it's against the rules to say that Mossad agents are posting on the boards. I will refrain from saying this in the future.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eagleheart56
Of course the ATS site is an anti-Israeli site, you can see that from the attitude of the monitors.

You mean how the monitors allow free speech instead of deleting any posts which criticize Israel? People really need to understand that allowing discussions on current events does not make you anti anything. Now, if they were deleting any pro Israel posts, then you might have a point on them being anti-Israel.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Why does Israel get special treatment?

oh your poor bleeding heart.

Why is it fine to condemn Arab terrorist and Korean terrorist, yet when we criticise Israel for similar we are labelled racists, anti Semites and Jew haters?

Defense is similar to terrorism? Goebbels said similar: "We are defending ourselvez from ze Jews by sending zem away".

This is about fair justice for all of the people of the world.

Fair justice by whos standards? Anyone can call their own standards fair.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
reply to post by ken10

I don't know who is putting what out, but they have kicked this dead horse so many times, there isn't anything left.

Who has the money to plaster the internet with propaganda?

I assume this is a rhetorical question?

www.thepeoplesvoice.org...

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by trinityschild

(for example in the coming world cup i will be supporting England and yet I am Scottish)

Wait a minute, are the seas boiling and turning to blood? Is the sky burning? A Scot supporting England? Surely 'tis the end of days as prophesied!!

As for the rest of it, other than a self admittedly sarcastic response to the OP's original question, I have kept quiet, but I have to agree with you. This thread has turned into nothing more than a rather childish labeling exercise, with Lucid bringing up some of the most pathetic arguments I have ever read on this site.

I am neither pro, nor anti palestine or Israel. I couldn't give a flying >SNIP< about either of them, they can blow eachother to hell as far as I care, although the effects of their actions on the stability of the middle east and therefore the rest of the planet are far reaching and so do concearn me.

The facts as we have them so far:
- A Turkish ship entered into INTERNATIONAL waters outside Israeli waters, headed for Gaza, claiming to be carrying non military aid. It was accompanied by a number of other ships.
- The Israeli Navy intercepted these ships and shadowed them for a while, requesting permission to inspect the cargo.
- It is unknown whether access to the cargo was refused to the one particular ship that was attacked and if so, why, although the result was an all-out commando assault on this ship (overkill? Maybe).
- There is video footage, showing the aid workers attacking the soldiers and the soldiers attacking the aid workers. Who started the violence is unknown to us, although I would add, would you attack someone with a machine gun with a pipe?

- The result is 9 dead aid workers and many injured on either side and the people in Gaza have still not received the aid they so desperately need.
- Reports have since been received of injured aid workers being refused medical care by the Isrealis and receiving inhumane treatment after imprisonment.

These are the the only real facts we have. There's no smoking gun against Isreal there, but the fact they attacked inside international waters and that so many virtually unarmed people died and the reports coming out of Isreal all add up to not looking good for Isreal.

Basically, I think this whole mess could have and should have been handled far better and this was an utter cluster >SNIP< of an operation by Isreali troops.

So Lucid, I have assessed the facts as I know them, I have already said that I care about neither Nation, or religion to that matter, as I am an atheist and yet I still, independantly lean towards it being Isreal's fault, as they went in gung-ho, all guns blazing. Please, try to call me an Anti-Semite.

Mod Edit: Censor Circumvention. Please Review.

[edit on 6/3/2010 by yeahright]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

It seems to be descending to the level of hatred, alright. I've done my best to maintain neutrality on the current issue until all facts are in, but that's becoming more and more difficult. Its clear that many of their detractors absolutely do not care to hear both sides of the issue; the Israelis are 100% at fault for everything, whether its in this instance or others in the past. Under those circumstances, I can't help but to have some sympathy for them.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deuteronomy 23:13
People are entitled to their feelings. If you hate a group you should be able to express your feelings in a public forum; people can hate you back, I suppose, which is their perogative. There is plenty of hate to go around.

The Israelis aren't the only victims of prejudice. A lot of contempt shown against Muslims on this forum. Personally, I don't recommend hatred but sometimes it's hard to keep one's feelings in check.

This thought on hate is classic, and it may be a relic, a thing of the past. Don't think you are not noticed for having admitted this.

Three years ago the jewish media launched a wave of hate criminality in the form of legislative rollouts designed to curtail man's natural defenses against anything that eclipses, steals, or destroys what is beautiful in life: hate.

Hate is necessary, even to love. Jews tried to criminalize it. Now the pressure is building, naturally, and israel and the jew media do nothing to change their ways.

I am content to skip over tales of israeli (american jew media) strife. I knew the story 20-30 years ago. It simply gives me peace knowing that the world is waking up to the published lies in history, and I feel free to read about other things.

The israeli thing is probably a diversion, like brittney's crotch was for about a year, so that the jews can continue to work behind scenes to establish their world government.

I guess the jews need to settle that little problem they're having, you know, the one in which people from all around the world switch on the internet to hear, and to discuss the latest israeli/amerikan conspiracy....instead of switching on the tv.

Is that what you want, OP? Control the internet?

That way, your precious israel wins, and we all lose?

No opposition? As if a media monopoly of what is spoken as 'truth' isn't enough..

Have you guessed that there are consequences, when truth is spoken as lies, and vice versa?

Hate is a drag, but so is carrying a shield around because we are at combat with israel's lies.

Anyway, OP, you are the poster child for internet censorship. I see right through you. I see that bono is on it as well, saying that 'we CAN do it, we can POLICE the INTERNET.'

We all see right through you. You are the 800 lb gorilla peeking out from behind the curtain, for a better view.

[edit on 3-6-2010 by davidmann]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   

So are you going to answer the question ? Why is it that the normal rules do not able to Israel (this is a geninue question btw) ?

Why is it fine to condemn Arab terrorist and Korean terrorist, yet when we criticise Israel for similar we are labelled racists, anti Semites and Jew haters?

Defense is similar to terrorism? Goebbels said similar: "We are defending ourselvez from ze Jews by sending zem away".

What happened during the 2nd world war to the jews, to the russians, to the polish, to the Gyspsys and to all the others that were send to their deaths is a tradgey. The day it seems like it will start happening again I will join with the oppresed and the threated. I will lay down my life in order that this does not happen again.

However this is not the 1930s or 1940s this is the 21st century. I can not pay for the sins of what happened.

Are you advocating that because Goebbels did it to Jews during the holocaust you are now allowed to do it to other people. ?

I dont really get the point you are making here .

I can speak for anyone else but fair justice in that maybe you should start facing up to the problems in Gaza and the West Back. Both parties should come to the table to talk as equal parties. We are all humans so lets talk.

Israel has to accept that it has done bad things as well as the palestaines (sorry spelling) both side have to put that behind them.

Basically start acting like a valued member of the International community instead of the bully on the block who claims he only does it because he was bullied as a child.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   

I thought you understood sociology?

IC - International Community and their pathetic lack of condemnation? Would they be the people to judge the Israeli actions? sure hope so.

Hahaha pathetic retort. You have no other argument do you? You bring nothing to this discussion except desperation. Can we call you a Muslim hater, anti Islamic type of person? sure sounds like it old bean.

Try harder, go get a megaphone and shout in it

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by lucid eyes

There you go, I now have Nazi flag as my avatar.atleast you will be justified in calling me Nazi and Anti-Semite now. Happy?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join