It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Bid to Quell Anger Over Raid, Israel Frees Detainees

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   

In Bid to Quell Anger Over Raid, Israel Frees Detainees

www.nytimes.com

JERUSALEM — Facing a furious international dispute and widespread condemnation, Israel on Wednesday began to expel hundreds of activists seized from a flotilla of ships challenging its three-year blockade of Gaza — including those accused of attacking Israeli commandos.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Reports: Israeli ships attack aid flotilla
Israel, Egypt ease Gaza blockade after deadly raid

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline

[edit on 6/3/2010 by semperfortis]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
As much as I am appalled by what Israel did to this flotilla and how they handled the situation, it seems as though that now they are showing the world some humility by doing the right thing by releasing the detained flotilla activists. So first they ease the blockade of Gaza, and then they release the detained activists. Israel does not seem so bad anymore. They made a mistake, and now they are making amends for it.

www.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline

[edit on 6/3/2010 by semperfortis]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Nathwa

So first they ease the blockade of Gaza, and then they release the detained activists. Israel does not seem so bad anymore. They made a mistake, and now they are making amends for it.

OH really !

I think i'll reserve judgement till after the Rachel Corrie arrives ?

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Nathwa

If they were not met with this much pressure they would have probably murdered these activists, bulldozed over them, or hit their eyes out with tear gas (real life incidents that these monsters committed against humanitarians). You can NEVER invite, forgive, nor trust these Khazars. They are cannibalistic and they hate international law.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by TSawyer

I would tend to agree with you. But nonetheless, you have to admit, Israel is doing the right thing. Have not seen that in a while have we? Regardless, one should give credit where credit is due.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nathwa
I would tend to agree with you. But nonetheless, you have to admit, Israel is doing the right thing. Have not seen that in a while have we?

Israel said they would release them the same day they were captured as long as they were willing to leave in peace.
This is not what happened.

Also the Gaza blockade continues, nothing has changed.
People are still suffering, there is no good here only slight damage control.

The Lukid party is a terroist organization!

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Is expel (or deport) the correct word? Surely it should be repatriate? So far as I'm aware none of those abducted (kidnapped?) at open sea by armed men ever wanted to go to Israel ....

[edit on 2-6-2010 by Essan]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Expel them?.... Did I miss something?

To 'expel' someone they have to desire to be (or remain) in the place they are being 'expelled' from in the first place.

Since all those people were illegally kidnapped on international waters, I seriously doubt that the word 'expel' really covers the situation.

Release, free, let go ... perhaps... but EXPEL?

Talk about spinning the story

EDIT ... Apologies Essan, I was still typing when you posted more or less what I was trying to say

[edit on 2/6/2010 by Dagar]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Yah, the blockade has changed. Egypt has eliminated theirs, and Israel has relaxed theirs so this crap does not happen again. There is a thread on it, and here is the link: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Dagar

Nice to know we think the same way

I know it's only words, but words have a lot of power. Which words we choose to use can say a lot. The words used by Israel smack of arrogance and total refusal to accept that they in any way acted wrongly. Which, given the eyes of the world are focused in them is not very clever.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
How are these "expelled" getting home? Are the vessels released? Or are they being put on planes or buses?

edit: Nevermind, I decided to read the article

[edit on 2-6-2010 by primus2012]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Dagar

I would tend to agree with you that the language seems inappropriate, but at this point its all symantics. The important thing is that the detainees are going home. Looks like they were not connected to terrorists after all!

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
This just in: Israel is sending the activists back to Greece and Turkey via airplanes: news.yahoo.com...

[edit on 2-6-2010 by Nathwa]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nathwa
reply to post by Dagar

The important thing is that the detainees are going home. Looks like they were not connected to terrorists after all!

GEE YOU THINK SO? How far is Israel's hand up your puppet ass exactly?

Obviously Israel is going to release these hostages. If they kept them then they would be facing serious international action against them. It is almost without question that this is a total success on Israel's part: they stopped the floatilla, they're exempt from international scrutiny via American UN power, and they kept the PR battle going by releasing hostages and delivering stolen humanitarian goods to Hamas directly (which were refused).

What a joke, send the Russians to Israel so they can do what the rest of the world has no balls to do.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

I was just being coy. I never thought that the detainees were connected to terrorists, and I thought that it was ludacris to make such a claim. But ALOT of people here on ATS tried to make that case. I stay as far away from Israeli kool-aid as possible, that stuff is toxic!

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Rest assured to the fact that a percentage of these "activists" have nefarious connections in the realm of terror. I certainly doubt that all on board had peaceful intentions. Seems as though the boats were loaded with militants, martyrs and innocent bystanders/human shields.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Nathwa

haha, I guess you're good at your coy game then

After getting a chance to look into this incident deeper, it's obvious that Israel shot first without asking questions, and are now trying to play the innocent game... just like usual. Another chance for recovery annuled by Israeli imprisonment.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

I could not have said it any better. And thank you for your complement- I try to be really good at playing coy- it helps around here on ATS, lol.

top topics

join