It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arms spending unaffected by financial crisis, says thinktank

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Arms spending unaffected by financial crisis, says thinktank

www.guardian.co.uk

The US accounted for more than half of the total increase, though arms spending increased fastest in Asian countries, with China raising its military expenditure most, followed by India. Global spending has risen by nearly 50% over the past decade, said Sipri.

The US headed the list of the world's top 10 arms buyers last year, spending $661bn on military equipment. It was followed by China (spending an estimated $100bn), France ($63.9bn), Britain ($58.3bn), Russia (an estimated $53.3bn) and Japan ($51.8bn), according to the report.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Gee, who woulda thunk it?

This, to me, signifies THE greatest problem on the entire earth right now---The war industry, the military industrial complex, and the very few in high places keeping all the rest of the world in continual conflict, while the vast majority suffer as a consequence to keep lining the pockets of these heathens running this industry of death and destruction.

I wonder if ever there will come a day when the 'little people' of this world rise up, en-masse, and finally say, "NO MORE".

Hey, I can at least dream of the day...

Sigh.

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

join