It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Capital Building Evacuated???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Take this as a rumor for the moment..I heard this second hand from a friend who heard it from his mother...she saw it on the news in florida apparently.

She says the capital building has been evacuated. Anyone hear anything of this? I checked CNN and Fox News and saw nothing....

I wonder if it is just a miscommunication.

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Capitol building and surrounding area were evacuated for a brief time...

An inbound plane which could not be identified caused the alarm...

Identification was finally achieved and the alarm is now over...

As observed on Fox News Channel...

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 04:06 PM
link   
This is all I am seeing:

A fast-growing wildfire forced the brief evacuation of hundreds of northern Florida families Wednesday, and a burgeoning blaze in a New Mexico forest jumped containment lines.

The Florida fire grew from about 3,000 acres to about 5,000 acres as it burned near Hampton, about 50 miles southwest of Jacksonville, said Annaleasa Winter, a spokeswoman for the state Division of Forestry.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I think everyone is a little jumpy right now. I'm surprised they haven't raised our terrorist threat level. Everyone is panicking over small things. We're all afraid the big one will happen soon. Thanks for the information

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Thanks for clearing that up Jak. Pretty quickly too

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Copied from another thread...

Apparently, while AF1 was landing at Andrews to deliver the body of President Reagan, a stray airplane was spotted in the airspace. Department of HLS sounded the alarm, and people at the airport were told to Scram and get out !

top topics

join