It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AT&T Clamps Down, Kills Unlimited Data Plan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   

AT&T Clamps Down, Kills Unlimited Data Plan

www.foxnews.com

Subscribers who use little data or learn to limit their consumption will pay slightly less every month than they do now, while heavy users will be dinged with extra consumption fees.

One new plan will cost $25 per month and offer 2 gigabytes of data per month, which AT&T says will be enough for 98 percent of its smart phone customers. Additional gigabytes will cost $10 each.A second plan will cost $15 per month for 200 megabytes of data, which AT&T says is enough for 65 percent of its smart phone customers. If they go over, they'll pay another $15 for 200 megabytes.

With that plan and v
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I dont know how I feel about this plan honestly, I use the internet very often on the Iphone and i rarely ever experience a problem while logging on, my bill just for basic Iphone and Internet and media and Data is $107 its high enough, im affraid this is going to increase it in many bad ways and is furthing clapping down on our rights

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by KonigKaos

your rights are still there...

its just that you must pay for your usage
you have the right to watch movies on your iphone,
you have the right to text, tweet, chat on the device,
your rights are there to exercise,

its just that it cost $$ to be able to make all those connections and apps available to subscribers...and for them to make enormous guaranteed profits and outlandish compensation packages...from the walking wallets

what you need to be protesting is the overpriceing of the product, let deflation kick-in by not using the services, denying their profits, then the corporate monopoly will start reducing the price of the product that people find that they don't really Need!

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
AT&T is following finally verizon and others that limit your data usage.
i think verizon is 5gb a month.
with no unlimited.

quite frankly 2gb of data per month is alot for a normal user.
power users will gobble that up.
but if they use wifi on the iphone it won't matter.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Two factors are important here, I believe. One is that the infrastructure is becoming stressed. The other is that now that the world is hooked, data providers are going use that, and anything else they can use, as an excuse to squeeze every dollar they can get out of user.

Verizon has now decided that I can't manage my own data usage, so if I get the phone I really want next month on my "New every two" plan, I have to pay a $9.99 data fee, even though I have never used so much as one bit of data in the some ten years of using their network.

Comcast used to make a big deal out of unlimited service, now we're limited to 250 GB. They say that that will meet the needs of over 99% of their customers.

The Verizon thing infuriates me. The Comcast thing, I can live with, but one should ask, what's next?

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   
I have ATT and every month for last year I get a different bill,had to have adjustments to tune of 600 dollars because they kept changing my plan,hope contract up soon

new topics

top topics

join