It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dying, dead marine wildlife paint dark, morbid picture of Gulf Coast following oil spill

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Dying, Dead Marine Wildlife Paint Dark, Morbid Picture of Gulf Coast Following Oil Spill

BULL CRAP

Dying, Dead Marine Wildlife Paint Dark, Morbid Picture of Gulf Coast Following Oil Spill

Here's what President Obama didn't see when he visited the Gulf Coast: a dead dolphin rotting in the shore weeds.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/af4257428071.jpg[/atsimg]
"When we found this dolphin it was filled with oil. Oil was just pouring out of it. It was the saddest darn thing to look at," said a BP contract worker who took the Daily News on a surreptitious tour of the wildlife disaster unfolding in Louisiana.

His motive: simple outrage.

Read more: www.nydailynews.com...

Again, I say, BULL CRAP.

If there was a true environmental disaster unfolding, if marine life was imperiled in the Gulf on the scale "they" claim, you wouldn't be able to cover it up. I don't care who is "controlling the media," you simply cannot stop people from posting photos and videos online.

Take a look at the photo accompanying the above story — that's the photo that's supposed to blow the lid off the BP "coverup," right?

A one-off shot of a dolphin carcass. That's the best the photographer could do. He couldn't do a panoramic shot, showing all the miles of dead and dying marine life BECAUSE IT DOESN'T EXIST. So they placed all their money on a photo of one dead dolphin.

Bitch, on a perfect day, on any coastline on the planet, you're going to find dolphin carcasses. And whale carcasses. And sea turtle carcasses. These creatures die all the time, are washed ashore all the time.

Further, the story talks about a handful of "lethargic" pelicans with stained feathers and 5 dead turtles.

Are you serious? Is that the best these "outraged" eco-stooges can manage??

Look, from 1992 through 1993, I lived on Florida's Gulf Coast — it's called The Sun Coast, because that's where you go to watch the sun slowly set on your life. It's a retirement mecca. Actually, I lived out of Sarasota on Siesta Key, one of the most beautiful islands with the most beautiful beaches in the world. That's official. Siesta's beach sand has repeatedly won international competitions.

Between 1992 and 1993, Hurricane Andrew blew through Florida, followed by a couple of the notorious but perfectly natural Red Tides — a red tide is an algae bloom, sometimes 50 miles or more in length, that poisons the sea with deadly toxins and sucks every last oxygen molecule out of the water.

When Red Tides come in, the beaches are not "littered" with dead and dying marine life — the beaches are BURIED in dead marine life. If it was alive out there beyond the surf, it's dead after a Red Tide comes in. The death toll is incalculable, certainly in the millions of individual large specimens per mile.

While I was there, I watched the cleanup of Siesta Key following the Red Tide, all along the 12-mile Crescent where I walked every day. They estimate that they took over 12 million dead animals out of the Crescent at Siesta Key alone, using bulldozers and dump trucks to haul away the malodorous rot.

The poisonous gasses of rotting tissue were so thick, it was actually dangerous for humans to approach the beach for a week. Still, I was out there strolling along the beach, enjoying the solitude and examining the extraordinary diversity of dead marine animals — some I had never seen before, and that's saying something.

Here's a shot of the amazing carnage caused by natural algae blooms. Massive, easy to photograph, impossible to "cover up"...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/35c45cfc4289.jpg[/atsimg]

Point is, there are perfectly natural processes that kill MILLIONS of marine creatures AT A TIME, and there is no way in hell to stop people from photographing and posting the evidence of such processes, because they cover such vast areas.

Now, in the case of the Gulf Oil Spill, supposedly staining over a hundred miles of Louisiana's coast, are you seriously trying to tell me that the "outraged" eco-moron in the above story can't do any better than one dead dolphin?

Yeah, there's a coverup, alright. The eco-fear-mongers are trying to pull an environmental apocalypse out of their asses where there is none.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
again, i post in your threads giving insight to my own rethinking the impact of this oil spill

at first i was a little worried about this mess, worried that perhaps the chemical dispersant would get into the air, or the rain and then be introduced to our crops and what not... but i live on the gulf coast, just the other day it rained and minutes after the rain stopped i went and did my morning jog, my point being that if there was a toxic cloud in the air, i probably would not have been able to complete the usual aerobic exercise.. this of course being east of alabama, pehaps the worst hasn't hit me yet, but as of now i beleive that human life will for the most part not really be effected by this mess

well, i mean our lives are not threatened, economically there is a ban of fishing which will completely destroy the industries that CREATE the money in the gulf coast.. but other than that i no longer fear an 'impending doom' due to this mess because, living in it's epicenter i feel that if that were the case i would see signs by now

i know that birds and rats were once taken onto submarines to monitor the air quality, their sensitivity to air quality meaning they were fall ill or die days before any humans were suseptible to air quality problems, well, i have three pet rats that have been doing fine, and so far have not seen any birds falling ill or dying within my area, i consider that good sign that there are no chemicals disrupting the air

doc velocity = denying ignorance

though the future may prove this wrong, and i'll keep my ears and mind open to further knowledge on the subject, for now the best of my intelligence is on key with your post

peace

new topics

join