It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need a break from the Isreali threads? Come check out Mao Tse Tung's Underground City!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by robbinsj
Funny how a communist gov. seems to have there own people's life in mind. Wish I could say for america. The gov has this or larger and it streaches from Norad to the Denver airport. One problem thou, its only for the elite and politically corrupted. No room for the simle ethical common man.

A Communist government having their people in mind?....

For crying out loud, pick up a few books and find out what happens in Communist regimes... The last thing that Communist dictators have in mind is their people.... The only people who would have probably been allowed to get into the underground city are the fighting age groups, or the military...

Also note that in the last video given by one of the members MOST CHINESE PEOPLE don't know about the city...

Also do note the pictures in the OP, and you can see that they are not taking care of most of the city, and the parts that are still standing and not full of garbage and water are now being used apparently as a tourist attraction...

Anyway, great pictures, and thanks for the post op.

[edit on 2-6-2010 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Great pics and a Fascinating story. Thanks for posting!! Nothing like a good virtual urban spelunking session to break up the day!!

Cheers!

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterE

As just about everyone else said: Thanks for the relief!! I also think it falls in line with SO's general U2U message earlier.

Israel, Palestine, oil spew, all important items to worry about but not all consuming.

Thanks again,
Tom

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Oh yeah, BTW I was in Beijing a few years ago and my "drivers / guides" never mentioned this part of the city. Great thread!
Tom

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Obzkure

This video sort of goes against all of the OP's claims to secrecy and his tour guide being so worried, in the video it seems like they go into a shop clearly marked BEIJING UNDERGROUND CITY. I wonder if his tour guide didn't know that it was accessible from a public place?

[edit on 2-6-2010 by Obzkure]

Towards the end of the video it mentions how a lot of areas are closed off and caved in. I wouldn't be surprised if the people living in the tunnels that the OP was talking about were living illegally within the unsafe portion of the shelter.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by joeroxor

A youtube poster also said Chinese weren't allowed to visit the tourist entrance which now sounds like it's closed.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Whoa! now that is awesome. I wonder how often or if it is cleared out of squaters. Did you get a chance to meet any of them? was your guide concerned that it would have been a violent meeting if you did?

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Truelly fantastic, thanks for the effort and the great story telling!

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysterE

...I got put in touch with a friend of a friend of someone who knew a guy who heard a story of a bloke with a mate who had an access point down into the tunnels built incongruously into the back room of his small house in the center of the Hutong district of town.

Funniest part of the article

S+F

Thanks for this thread. I had no idea that anything like this existed, but now that I think about it, it doesn't surprise me.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
i love seeing things like this i have always wanted to see things like that to discover a hidden place like that. tyvm for posting it

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
thats pretty cool, not somewhere i would want to live, but its cool all the same.

Makes you wonder, if there are civilian ground cities, how big are the military's?

imagen if there was one the size of a large city

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by kiwifoot
reply to post by MysterE

You had me at:

Need a break from the Isreali threads?

Fascinating read buddy, thanks for the welcome change!!!

S+F!!!

Me too.

Thanks for the interesting topic and the chance to relax away from the activity of the past few days here.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterE

Awesome thread mate.. So weird to think of a city below a city.. And what a coincidence it coincides with the book I'm reading.

Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman .. based in London, but still the same theme, cool book if anyone is interested.

And how horrible people actually living down there.. but I s'pose that below looks about the same as above.. China always comes off as an incredibly dirty and horrible place to live. I need to visit there of course before I cast judgment.. but everything we see on the West side is just deplorable.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterE

Excellent post!!!!!!! Love seeing secret underground rooms, tunnels and such.

Looks dark, wet and icky down there though.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Cool, well done.

But please tell me this is not another Mossad distraction trick. lol!

It actually WAS a welcome distraction from all the current Israeli threads.

Why was the system abandoned? Does it have many levels? Can we rave it? lol!

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
MysterE...a fine presentation!

Thanks for the reminder of what lies in my own backyard, or under it, as the case may be.

Underground Beijing is quite interesting. All buildings are constructed with many 'bombproof' levels going underground.

Of course, these days, those levels are used for parking cars. (And bicycles.)

There are many buildings in Beijing that have underground bomb shelters converted into parking lots.
For example, you may visit a shopping mall, and as you drive your car down through the various levels of underground parking your car will pass through doorways. These doorways have huge 12 inch thick steel blast doors...permanently wedged open. However, these doors still look to be in fine working condition...should the need arise.

And yes, I "have heard" about the secret tunnels. And, I "have heard" it is still possible to tour some of them...but, alas, your fine presentation is as close as I have ever been...

Good work.

This is a common sign seen on many, many buildings...both residential and business.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Wow. Image what the Chinese have accomplished since then...

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Wow. Image what the Chinese have accomplished since then...

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to !!All of you awesome ATS posters!!

Thank you all for your very kind words. They certianly did not go unnoticed, I just didn't wan't to reply individually to each one. So here is a collective Thanks! to all of you awesomeATS posters!

Also specifically to the post by 535cataclysm

I used to love logging on and seeing things about Aliens, UFOs, and just random conspiracies...thats what got me started on here

This reminded of the reason I joined ATS, I lurked for a while until I came across a thread,I wish I could remember which one, and the OP posed an idea. Right before my eyes it was being investigated. One post from a guy who emailed someone related to the thread, next another poster pops in with some of his own research. Before I knew they had almost exposed a conspiracy!

I miss those threads.

-E-

[edit on 2-6-2010 by MysterE]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
This is a really cool thread! Thanks for posting this! I have always been fascinated by underground tunnels, and such.

Really hard to imagine a civilization of six million people crowded down there. Trying to see the shops, theaters, residential areas, etc. Just mind blowing!!

S&F

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join