It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need a break from the Isreali threads? Come check out Mao Tse Tung's Underground City!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Absolutely cool, the place is a bit soggy but the rent is just right.
And it links with the Great Wall for the history buffs.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by heineken

I get what you're saying, and you don't have to take a break from the Isreali threads if you don't want to. It is just that ATS has been inundated with them lately, and I was pleasantly suprised when I found this while taking a break, so I thought I would offer it to ATS as well.

-E-

[edit on 2-6-2010 by MysterE]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Patriotgal
I sure wish I could afford to have my own giant, underground complex!!! No, in the USA, we don't even have simple fallout shelters, anymore.Now, the SovUnion, excuse me, Russia- has undergroung cities, stocked and waiting. NOT as nice as the ones Switzerland has, mind you....

Sure America ( USA ) has all that and more!! just not for you its for the NWO Royal Club and we are not in it ! and we pay the bill !

George Carlin ~ The American Dream

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Excellent thread!

Strangely I've never heard of this place until now... I'm guessing this is where Fallout got its premise from.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
WOW! Those are some great pics! Thank you for posting them. I had no idea that they had that there. I am sure we have plenty of stuff underneath us in the US, but I doubt our government is that nice to share it with us. How long were you down there in total? I wonder how much trouble you would have been in if you were found down there. Any idea anyone? S&F

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by robbinsj
The gov has this or larger and it streaches from Norad to the Denver airport. One problem thou, its only for the elite and politically corrupted. No room for the simle ethical common man.

Say what? Norad and Denver Airport are connected with underground tunnels? Would that be the Denver International Airport?

That just stimulated my conspiracy gland...

On topic: That underground city is impressive. We have a large network under Belgrade as well, used several times - some parts dating back to Roman Empire. Quick "underground" google search just leads to underground criminal network articles

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SassyCat

I think you may like this series!

-E-

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterE

I dig that 1st picture with the indigenous Pug! It looks like the little dude is holding his own leash. lol Anyway, cool find S&F.

[edit on 2-6-2010 by UndergroundMilitia]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
LOVE IT. F'd & the S.

It was a welcome break from all the Israeli rhetoric ... err, I mean news being posted.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
OMG, such horrid conditions!
Looks just like a Cuban (free healthcare for all) hospital.

If I had a chance to live under those conditions or get nuked to death, I think I would go with the "nukylar" option.

BTW, great thread, thanks for the info.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
This is my favorite part...

Our guide insisted that if we were to shift all the wood to get over the top, we’d be able to get all the way to Tiananmen Square, where the tunnels are apparently large enough to accommodate rolling tank processions

-E-

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
50 years ago, the tunnels were probably quite impressive. Imagine freshly painted walls, dry floors, new electric wiring and lights.

I'd really like to see the large tunnels below the square. Wonder if they are off-limits?

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by UndergroundMilitia
reply to post by MysterE

I dig that 1st picture with the indigenous Pug! It looks like the little dude is holding his own leash

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ccf9be521bc7.jpg[/atsimg]

Your right! The little guy is waking himself!! Awesome!

-E-

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterE

Excellent article. S&F for this post my good sir.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
for all in uk who liked this google 28dayslater for more info on things near you

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Awesome thread man! I know a few other people have said it but i have to again....You had me at "Need a break from the Israeli threads?" Thank goodness someone is putting some other info on here! I used to love logging on and seeing things about Aliens, UFOs, and just random conspiracies...thats what got me started on here but now its nothing but a bunch of CRAP! Israel this and Israel that...."im fighting because i like them"..."Well im fighting because i dont!" OMG!!!

Thanks for the breath of FRESH AIR! The tunnels are very cool too, very interesting to think that they are actually using some of it for solving the population problem.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by primus2012
Found an interesting video on the subject:

This video sort of goes against all of the OP's claims to secrecy and his tour guide being so worried, in the video it seems like they go into a shop clearly marked BEIJING UNDERGROUND CITY. I wonder if his tour guide didn't know that it was accessible from a public place?

But I have always been fascinated by the idea of an underground, livable environment. I've always wondered why we built up and up and up, instead of building down and down and down. Obviously as long as the ground isn't rock.

[edit on 2-6-2010 by Obzkure]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
It doesn't seem like enough room for six million - I bet they just told this to the general population. Think about how large a football stadium is - and that only has enough room for maybe 50,000 people to sit - never mind work and sleep.

If they ever did really have to use it I think they would have chosen maybe 5-10 percent of the elite to live down there.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
That's pretty cool that even though China is almost as closed off as North Korea that we can still get a story like this. I bet China gets pissed when they find out some foreigners were walking around those tunnels.

It would also be a great place for a Chinese resistance.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Wow, that is a great thread! S&F!

I hope the mods will reward you with applause either for the pics or for the most orignal thread title ever (or for both)!

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join