It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gaza Needs Jobs Not Food

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Despite what you might read or hear about the humanitarian crisis in Gaza, the real problem is not lack of food. To be sure there's plenty of food in Gaza. The real problem is that work is hard to find and that food is expensive.

You should visit the article linked. It has several photos to back up the reports that there are "mountains" of food.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/31104ebbe6d0.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0e657150d82d.jpg[/atsimg]

GAZA (01/06/2010)
Yesterday I drove away into the Gaza Strip... This time, I had expected to see real suffering, because with all the fuss in recent days to bring some ton humanitarian relief in - so much that people actually sacrificed their lives for it - so had to really be a deep, desperate situation in the Gaza Strip. No food. Long queues in front of UN food stocks. Hungry children with food bowls. But it was not the picture that greeted me.

the first woman we interviewed in the market confirms this strange, contradictory, negative outlook:

"We have nothing," she said. We need everything! Food, drinks ... everything! "

It disturbed her not at least that she stood between the mountains of vegetables, fruit, eggs, poultry and fish, while she held his doomsday prophecy solid.

Source

Gasoline isn't rationed and the reporter actually found himself stuck in traffic jams. The reporter couldn't get good photos of stores in town since Hamas instructed them to close in protest of the Israeli action at sea. That really doesn't make sense to me. What good does it do to force your country to halt to a stand-still when unemployment is already so high. I guess they wanted everyone to feel pain and anger at Israel even if it didn't affect them directly. More of a political ploy than real suffering.

The reported went to an open marketplace near a refugee camp. What he saw there was that fruit, vegetables, fish, eggs, and poultry were all available in markets. They food and goods were stacked high "in the mountains at the many stalls." This of course is not to say that there are no problems in Gaza. There are many problems but there is no shortage of food. What's needed most is jobs.

What's the answer to this issue? No doubt Israel and Egypt will have to help and allow workers from Gaza to travel for work. This isn't going to happen however so long as they feel that Hamas is just going to use the income to purchase more weapons. Why would they allow full access to a neighboring country whose government won't recognize Israel's right to exist?

[edit on 2-6-2010 by dbates]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Hamas is blocking the goods from the "Aid Flotilla" from entering Gaza. Apparently they aren't in desperate need for whatever goods were brought in. Of course we know (As explained above) that what they desperately need is jobs. I doubt that any blockade runners can bring in jobs so this really isn't that surprising and since there's no actual starvation crisis the goods can just sit in the hot sun. They probably won't even be missed.

Hamas Stopping Transfer of Aid to Gaza

The Hamas government in Gaza is apparently not interested in receiving the goods that were carried by the 'humanitarian' Turkey-sponsored flotilla Israel intercepted.

"Unfortunately, the Hamas terror organization is unwilling to accept the cargo and the trucks filled with humanitarian aid have not been allowed to enter the Gaza Strip. It appears that Hamas is in fact stopping the transfer of the humanitarian aid.

www.israelnationalnews.com...

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Thanks for your enlightening post, espacially during this period, where every masochist is hell bent on beating drums of war. Just compare the number of posts and threads compared to this thread, which is OF MORE IMPORTANCE in HUMANTARIAN AID than to some macho chest thumping bravodo silliness.

The illegal govt of Hamas had violently stolen Gaza from the rightful authority of the elected officials from Fatah once the Israeli troops left. These animals known as Hamas had NEVER accepted living in peace with Israel, and had continued to wage war with Israel, causing untold suffering to both jews and palestinians.

Israel had no other choice but to defend itself from the animals' rocket attacks, and place sanctions on them, in the hope that it may lead to peace. But these animals refused peace, and continued to sought ways to wreck havoc on Israel.

Who is right or wrong, is not determined by me. I am insignificant and a nobody. But it is the common jews and palestinians made to suffer unnecessarily, to live lives with doom and no hope daily.

Why are there no jobs? Because which industrialist would dare to set up factories in a needless war zone? The animals hama prefer palestinians living off loose change from deep pockets of the war, kept in misery, rather than to work honestly for a living, to know peace for once in their lifetime, to buy goods from honest labour, to grow in love instead of hate.

Every dime the animals hotshot received goes into arms purchasing, never for the benefit of the palestinian common folks. They only get loose change instead of social developement, and even if there were, it was pathetic and for movie cameras only.

And right now, in this financial crisis taking over the world, once again, even those economically tottering nations are making use of the jewish-palestinian conflict to get their people forget about their economic woes. They NEVER cared about the jews and palestinians, but I do. This is outrageous!!

Don't have to take my word for it. Research it for yourself an form your own opinion. Who are the true humanitarians and who are the true animals?

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Jobs is something that the western world needs and only after that you can talk about jobs in Gaza

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by dbates

I thought 1 in 5 Gazans need food handouts..

Or was I tricked, I don't know must have been propaganda then..

Gaza is being blocked from the world, people still living in camps, no construction material going in.

Israel needs to free Gaza so that Gaza can be free.

That is the soul problem, while some blame the home made fire works.

In my opinion fire works kill more people than Hamas rockets..

That is my humble opinion.

ETA:

FAIL!!!!!!!!

[edit on 3-6-2010 by LittleSecret]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
90 rockets a day into Israel is no fireworks. Fireworks we marvel with awe. With rockets humans trepidate with fear, for no one knows where the next one will hit. Ask any old Briton if he would like to relieve the days of V2 rockets during the nazi war.

I had pleaded post after post, thread after thread, site after sites, for the illegal govt of Hamas to stop its war, for years, but to no avail. No surprise, as I am only a mere nobody, whom no one will listen anyway.

But it still have to be said.

If Hamas love power so much, then they must realize that there is a time for war and a time for peace. The world had not turn its back on Palestine people through the years peacefully, otherwise there would not even be a home for them at all, considering how powerful the Jewish lobby is in the world.

Even US backed the formation of the Palestine state and had contribute much money and efforts, when they could have left the ME to rot, for they too have domestic problems of their own.

But the good american people had not zipped up their purses and wallet, and had contributed much for the jews and palestine.

It is time to stop the war, and let the palestinian people be free - free to pursue their aspirations with dignity and not fear. The world will still continue to support them, so long as non-violence is used or the threat of it to anyone and any other state.

If the so called 'humanitarians' today are so willing to confront the jews by machoism, let it instead be used to buy made in Palestinian goods instead of China goods. Such monies will be able to keep the Palestinian alive and with dignity, to live in peaceful pursuit of happiness just everybody else in the world.

The bloodshed, sacrificing of jews, palenstinians and others, and enslavement by Hamas had gone long enough. Please stop. It may already be too late for we mankind may be facing deep changes, but at least for once, let the palestinian be free and know what is peace in their lifetime.....

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Well this certainly justifies everything Israel has done to the Palestinian people.

The world is just too stooopid or racist to see Israel's side of the story.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

LOL How many people has the rockets killed?

How many people has fireworks killed?

You can make anything look scary did you know?

You can make John Key, a Prime Minister with literally no balls look scary.

That is called the magic of editing.

1. Hamas was elected Democratically by the Gazans.

2. Palestine is still under occupation.

3. Rockets are a form of resistance to the occupation.

I bet if Hamas had guided missiles, or drones, they would use them, what do you think lol

You are living in a dream where you see the world purely through the filter of Israeli propaganda.

Resistance is a right every human being has.

You don't treat people like # and expect them to do nothing. Palestinians have been continuously evicted from their homes, the illegal expansion of settlements are still continuing, the war crime committed in Gaza is still remembered, The bulldozers are still warm from the last house they demolished.

Don't forget, Palestinians are treated like #.

"Me and my family had nothing to do with home made fireworks being fired towards Israel, why are we being punished?"

What if the world did that to the US for its drone attacks which has killed 700 innocent Pakistanis? Or to Israel due to its war crimes, kill 1400 Palestinians? What if the blockade was implemented due to those acts of terrorism?

But ofcurse, your brain only works through the Israeli propaganda filter. Other than that, I'm sure you won't understand, because you can't conceive or comprehend anything beyond, or don't want to.

[edit on 3-6-2010 by LittleSecret]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by LittleSecret

Can I say the same to you too?

But at the end of the day, what would you and I had acheived for the palestinian people? Carry on with the brutalities?

All it needs is for Hamas to get itself elected if it truly wants power, instead of killing and robbing Fatah of its rightful mandate to the palestinian people. Or had you overlooked even this simple fact?

From then on, built up its own strength and the social health of its people first, not protracted long weary wars.

As long as there is still us, we humanity will not allow Israel a free hand without reason to harm anyone, for jews or palestinians, we are one - the human race.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   

You claim that "90 rockets a day" are heading into Israel?

Can you link a source?

And you further claim that Hamas is "Illegal"..

Please provide a source for that too.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Hamas (حماس Ḥamās, an acronym of حركة المقاومة الاسلامية Ḥarakat al-Muqāwamat al-Islāmiyyah, meaning "Islamic Resistance Movement") is a Palestinian Islamic organization with a socio-political wing[5][6] and a paramilitary force, the Izz ad-Din al-Qassam Brigades.[2][3] After winning 76 of the 132 seats in the Palestinian Parliament in the January 2006 Palestinian parliamentary elections,[7] and defeating rival Palestinian party Fatah in a series of violent clashes, since June 2007 Hamas has governed the Gaza portion of the Palestinian Territories.

Israel has divided Hamas and Fatah for a reason, to keep the Palestinians separated, so that they don't call for an independent state.

The US is arming Fatah:

The US plotted to overthrow the democratically elected Hamas government in the Palestinian territories, documents obtained by Al Jazeera reveal.

But, when that plan failed, the US set up an operation to fund Fatah fighters and drive Hamas out.
In Cairo, Condoleezza Rice, the US secretary of state, justified the arming of Fatah, saying the situation had called for it.

The US doesn't care about all out civil war, the US serves its own interests and the interest of Israel, Palestinian lives don't matter.

The US has openly supported Fatah and after Hamas seized control of Gaza in June 2007, the US announced an $80m funding deal for Fatah's security services in the West Bank.

It is a sick game they are playing with people's lives.

The problem is not Hamas, the problem is Israel and its arrogance.

The problem is not the rockets, the problem is the occupation.

The problem is not the rockets, the problem is the settlement expansions.

The problem is not the rockets, the problem is the continuous war crimes committed against the Palestinian people, the harsh treatment, the restricted movement, the blockade etc etc.

You can't just blame everything on the rockets, they throw rockets for a reason.

Why would a weak force like Hamas want to fight a strong force like Israel?

You have to think open minded.

Have a good night.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by LittleSecret

I wish you a good night too, though I doubt you will sleep well with the Hamas propaganda you take to heart.

Violence had been used for decades by the Palestinians as a solution, but did it solve anything? None at all, in fact, it setback international efforts at mediation each time violence erupted.

And today, your beloved master hamas are still foolish to presume violence will solve it. Think again. The bloodshed will never end, and will open a wider conflict. Even if all jews, americans, and infidels are dead - brother muslim will turn against brother - sunni and shias, and those in between as well, just as afghan brother killing brother, iraqi brother killing brother today.

Please stop this senseless and unnecessary hatred of each other. We all bleed and aspire the same.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
And just to add, on how you and I can stop the killings and murders, when possible:-

That Sunni' ism and Shia'ism exists only proves that the holy teachings by the beloved prophet Mohammed, blessed be his name, had been twisted and manipulated by mortal and flawed men to serve their own perverse ambitions at the expense of the common muslims.

There are thousands of verses and teachings in the Holy Koran of various of different and for periods/eras, a peaceful and beautiful religion that had comforted millions of muslim forefathers, which can be applied to particular situations by man.

At times, it may be the easiest depending on the situation and era we live in, but more often than not, it is the most difficult ones that truly apply, but we mortal men often overlook and justify the easiest as the best course, and presumed it would please Allah.

But the sad truth is that it only pleases ourselves, or our flawed mortal leaders. I know because I too presumed as much and believed so, but in the end, it only lead to more suffering and sorrows that I realised it was the wrong path.

It took me a year to reconcile to the teachings from our Creator, that now I know peace within my heart. May you too, be more discerning in the teachings by your beloved teacher, the true last blessed Prophet sent to Earth. and his message is one of peace and tolerance, NEVER one of destruction or harm to others.

Only the Jinns believe in destruction of Allah's creations, which is you and me and our fellow humans, whom had been given free will and in His time to know Him and His path for us.

Which was why the Caliphate, the supposed noble institution as a representative of Allah, was destroyed, not by presumed man, but only by His mercifulness at the atrocities done in His Name, to mankind, His creations, for centuries.

Now, religion is a personal journey, a personalised level, between you and Him, to know His true teachings.

Thus, there is no more any flawed mortal man or leader that can command you to do anything in His Name, that you personally believe is against your beliefs, espacially when it concerns harm or hurt to any of His creations.

Trust not my words, nor any mortal man's words, but humble yourself before Him and listen within your heart for His Holy Words, and then use such freedom and free will responsibly, with maturity and wisdom to glorify HIs Name, and be a role model and peaceful egalitarian progress for the rest of humanity and Earth, this I beg.

The manipulation by illiterate, presumptious, egoistical and ambitious mortal men must cease, or you and I and our loved ones will no longer bear the blessings as children of the Almighty....

[edit on 3-6-2010 by SeekerofTruth101]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   
The Israelite military had already long left Gaza.

Please help free the Palestinian common people from their ambitious and overfed Dictatorial overlords - the brutal Hamas and the fat Hizbollahs weaned mightily upon donations meant for the hungry children of Palestine.

Our Creator, or Allah as fellow humans of the Muslim faith called upon Him, had been merciful and by His grace had destroyed the Caliphate, and had shown His disapproval and support no more for such institutions of flawed men commanding His children, more so to their destruction.

If one believes it is right to seek destruction, to destroy, to tear, to kill, to murder, to discriminate against, to bully, to intimidate other children of our Almighty, then it is one's choice and free will, and face up to consequences.

But if one truly believes there is a better path to a better world, to create, to build, instead of to destroy, then that answer can only comes from one's heart, to make that courageous change in a world of rapacious evil men.

The continued scapegoating and manipulation of our Palestinians and Jew brothers for personal glory and agendas must cease.

Please help.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   
We got plenty of food here.

We got plenty hungry people too.

If you don't have money, you go hungry, despite warehouses full of food.

They also can't fish in the med. The time honoured God given free food supply.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   
For those supposed 'humanitarians' whom are only manipulated to served multiple agendas, who think breaking the blockade will give the Palestinian people freedom, think again.

Those rapacious and ambitious men in charge will be happy to recieve weapons and ammunitions once the blockade ends. Those 'humanitarians' are only prolonging the suffering of our fellow jewish and palestinians brothers.

The impediment to peace and freedom for the Palestinian common people are Hamas and the fat Hizbollahs, whom must be eradicated and NEVER to be supported, or manipulated to support them.

Please awake, my fellow brothers and sisters, or the blood of innocent palestinians, jews and humanity as the conflict widens will be upon your hands.

[edit on 4-6-2010 by SeekerofTruth101]

top topics

join