It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Excuse for Making Fun of Obama's Daughters

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   

No Excuse for Making Fun of Obama

www.foxnews.com

Last Friday, in a bit on my radio program where I was ridiculing the president for his constant use of children as a tactic to further his agenda or shield himself, I broke my own rule: I made fun of the president and his children. I could tell you that it was misinterpreted, poorly handled or I misspoke. I could use the politician-in-trouble phrase: "the only point I was simply making was...."

Honestly, that's what I told myself for an hour or so after I got off the air, but there is something more here that I need to share because it is powerfully destructive. I honestly didn't think
(visit the link for the full news article)

Edit to change the title

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Glenn Beck Smears Obama's 11-year-old Daughter

[edit on 2-6-2010 by poedxsoldiervet]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I'd have to say wow, I was disappointed in Beck when I heard he made fun of the Obama Children, but now he regained at least some of my respect.

How often do we hear people apologizes when there in the wrong and they know there in the wrong? We have heard time and time again about Media people, politicians, or even celebrities come forward and admit they are wrong?
Personally I like Beck and I like the fact he admitted and apologized for the fact he was wrong.

Thoughts?

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I didn't like it when people did it to Palins children and I don't like it now. Atleast he didn't wait until a big scandal over his words before he apologized.

On the other hand, I do find it cheap that the President would use his daughters the way he has. Maybe this will teach him to keep the cute little stories private.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I can see the why he would make fun of Obama, but not his children.

Obama deserves to be ragged on all the time, since he never really does much that I see.

His children are too young to know any kind of conspiracy facts and it's not like they teach the best subjects in the Illuminati schools.

Glen Beck can touch base on a few subjects, but sometimes I can't listen to him since he sometimes puts his personal feelings in the mix.

Logic dictates, emotion doesn't.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Miracle Man

I don’t like the idea of going after a public persons child, unless they do something stupid (see the Bush Twins). But an 11 year old girl thinks her father is Superman. (I know this because my daughter is ten and asks me all the time why I can’t stop things, that are beyond my control) I think Obama seeing that his poll number are slipping used that story to attempt to relate to America... I think.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by poedxsoldiervet

This isn't the first time this has happened.

I believe he did the same thing last year during the health care debates. He is using his children for political gain. He does it so the media will take it easy on him and people are more inclined to stand behind him.

After all who wants the be the big bad wolf in a childs eye?

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by poedxsoldiervet
How often do we hear people apologizes when there in the wrong and they know there in the wrong?

People apologize all the time. The question is, How ofter do we believe it? I don't believe anything Beck says, I'm sorry. He's an actor and entertainer.

And he used his wife in his story to show us that he's REALLY sorry, just as Obama used his daughter in his story to show that he REALLY is concerned about the oil spill. Beck did exactly what he ridiculed Obama for. He used his wife as a tactic to further his agenda and shield himself.

Which one, if either, is telling the truth? Maybe both. Maybe neither.

I want to talk with you about something that no TV executive or PR consultant in their right mind would advise me to do. It's completely counter-intuitive for me to bring this up again, there is absolutely nothing to gain by doing so.

TV execs and PR consultants advise people to make public apologies ALL THE TIME. Nothing to gain? How about fooling the people into thinking they should respect you after having lost respect?

[edit on 6/2/2010 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I didn't see many people saying they we're sorry for attacking Palin or Bush's kids
Though I really Don't Like Beck, or Like what he said, at least he said he was sorry.
out-spoken conservatives families are always attacked, by Liberals. It really is a shame

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Target Earth

I think your right on it, except for Letterman who apologized for the Palin kid thing, or did he? But Liberals rarely apologize its often easier for them to attack their families like Olbermann did with Scott Browns Family.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I used to listen to Glenn Beck years ago. I found his show humorous as he intended. He warned people repeatedly not to take him seriously because he was an entertainer, a radio clown and a sick twisted freak. As he grew more popular and his listening audience grew, TPTB found themselves a great little spokesman with Glenn Beck. Regardless to what he says, Glenn sold his soul to the devil for 30 pieces of silver.

It is all about the money and though I am not the one that he has to apologize to, I would find his apology a little disingenuous because by his own accord he has stated that his defense is that he just wasn't thinking. I read that to mean that his response was straight from the heart. A response made before he had a chance to sugar coat it or dress it up. Glenn is a bigot. He will not admit this, not even to himself, like most people in his situation. I hate to bring up his religion but it is true, his religion preaches bigotry. So how can he honestly apologize for something that he believes in his heart?

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Some of our politician's and celebrity's children just beg to be made fun of. These little girls are not any of them. Man, those republican girls love to booze it up.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by poedxsoldiervet

How often do we hear people apologizes when there in the wrong and they know there in the wrong?

TV execs and PR consultants advise people to make public apologies ALL THE TIME. Nothing to gain? How about fooling the people into thinking they should respect you after having lost respect?

I have to agree. How many people think that Glenn Beck would still have a show if he said or did something that was not condoned by TPTB.

You follow the rules determined by the people that sign you paycheck. That goes for any job, including mine. Those are just the rules of the game.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by NightSkyeB4Dawn

I am not quite sure, I dont the TPTB control everything, its hard to control your own house let alone many houses, no matter how many people you have working for you...

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
This tit for tat comparison of Palin's and Bush's Children to Obamas is like comparing apples and oranges.

First and foremost, Obama's kids are KIDS, in that they are not even teens.

Their kid like actions were in direct response to a statement their Dad had made concerning the BP Oil Crisis. In case you forget, He had been quoted as saying, something along the lines of " Plug the Hole Already Guys".

Glenn Becks humor WAS Bigoted. In implying that an 11 year old kid, in posing such a question to their Dad, were lacking in intellectual ability or stupid.

Apples and Oranges in that these kids at 11 years old were not at all being irresponsible in their actions. But only acting as an 11 year old normally would.

On the otherhand, in Palin's and Bush's cases, their "Kids" irresponsible actions were the cause of their being in the media/press in the first place.

Their irresponsible actions resulted in making ass hats out of themselves resulting in exposing themselves to the media.

Especially while their parents are preaching a " Conservative" agenda to the masses who adhere to and follow their born again beliefs.

Glen Beck is also the last one to talk about aptitude and intellect, especially of an 11 year old kid.

Glen Beck is not exactly an academic, in that he took a total of one college course and dropped out.

In 1996, while working for a New Haven-area radio station, Beck was admitted to Yale University through a special program for non-traditional students. Beck took one theology class, "Early Christology," and then dropped out.[18][20]

This is most likely why he pokes fun at others in lacking aptitude.
For he himself is well aware of his own short comings as far as intellect and educational achievement on his own resume are concerned.

Now I know why he uses the chalkboard school like approach on his program !

That explains alot of it.....

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by nh_ee

If you recall the gist on Palins Kid was of her young child, not the teen mom. (If I recall Correctly)

and As far as Becks one class at yale, I have taken classes at other schools, just to get the class I wanted instead of my schools class.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
It's good he apologized....BUT.

The heat was on. Most anyone with kids would NEVER approve of what he did. He knew this could hurt him and he couldn't ignore it.

I heard what he did when it aired on the radio as I listen to him at work everyday. Couldn't believe he did it...and then did it AGAIN later on in the show.

Anyway, I don't care who's family it is...you never...EVER....EVER!!!!! say degrading things about someone's kids.

I also find it funny that he spent most of the time saying it wasn't ok to do what he did...but basically most of the segment making excuses for it.

[edit on 2-6-2010 by David9176]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
i wonder how many of you people were outraged when david letterman did the same thing? to palin kids

[edit on 2-6-2010 by neo96]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Attacking Obama? Sure I could see that.

Attacking Kids?! WTF ARE YOU THINKING YOU F@#( SCALLION!

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I dont like Beck but after listening it was hillarious.

you should hear Howard Stern when he mocks them, The news hasn't mentioned when Stern had Gilbert Gottfried on and Gilbert referred to his kids as 'Niglets'

But since Gilbert Gottfried is a Jew it's ok for him.

new topics

top topics

join