It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel Sure 'Global Jihad' Links On Boats

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Israel Sure 'Global Jihad' Links On Boats

www.newsmaxworld.com

JERUSALEM - Dozens of passengers who were aboard the Mavi Marmara Turkish passenger ship are suspected of having connections with global jihad-affiliated terrorist organizations, defense officials said on Tuesday, amid growing concerns that Turkish warships would accompany a future flotilla to the Gaza Strip.

According to the defense officials, the IDF has identified about 50 passengers on the ship who could have terrorist connections with global jihad-affiliated groups.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
The Jewish American reaction to attack on flotilla (we overwhelmingly condemn it)
15 dead, flotilla fired upon by Israel
UN envoy: Prosecute Israelis behind Gaza flotilla deaths

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
And now the spin begins. We are about to see Israeli propaganda at it's best. They are now trying to blame this flotilla on international terrorism and the global jihad.

During its searches of the Mavi Marmara on Tuesday, the military also discovered a cache of bulletproof vests and night-vision goggles, as well as gas masks. On Monday morning, at least nine foreign activists were killed during the navy’s takeover of the Mavi Marmara, which was trying to break Israel’s blockade of the Gaza Strip.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Of course, it would only be wise to take bullet-proof vests and gas-masks when traveling anywhere near Israel. One would be stupid not to, given Israel's history of trying to kill anyone who interferes with their plan of genocide.

Israel is going to do everything in its power to slander those on board the flotilla, in an effort to justify their horrid acts. I would even bet that something will be planted and some magic piece of damning evidence is going to suddenly appear.

They will point the finger at the passengers and even fudge facts to make these people look like terrorist and the Western media will eat it up, hook, line and sinker. After all, this is what Israel does best.

--airspoon

www.newsmaxworld.com

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
No surprises here.

As the overly-heated initial thread was flailing madly about I tried to let any who would listen understand; this is not going to be about 'right' and 'wrong.' it is going to be about "legitimate" concerns. Given that the terrorist bogeyman is a strongly endorsed paradigm, Israel will not face true consequences for this event.

Piracy?... not if there were terrorists on board.
Act of war? ..... not if there were terrorists on board.
Crimes against humanity? ..... not if there were terrorists on board.
Criminal brutality? ..... not if there were terrorists on board.

All the objections and tirades of righteous indignation cannot compete with the justification that is automatically accepted once the "terrorist" card is played.

And remember, there doesn't have to actually be terrorists on board.... the mere possibility justifies all manner of grotesquery... a lesson most Americans should make themselves acquainted with sooner rather than later.

Since we are not likely to learn the truth in it's entirety until well after the event is a 'closed' matter; I can promise you the bullet-proof shield of "We're fighting terrorism" is, in effect, impenetrable.

Sadly, everything on the boat might have an explanation that contradicts the establishment; but that is NOT how it will be handled... it will be handled as 'protecting ourselves from terrorists'.

[edit on 2-6-2010 by Maxmars]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Since all the cargo was inspected by turkey, i fail to see how they found a cache of bulletproof vests and gas masks, either turkey knew about them and let them on the ship or Israel planted them. I think one of these scenarios is more likely...but we will never know for sure i guess.

[edit on 2-6-2010 by Solomons]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Yeah, and I'm sure there were aliens in my garage last night.

No I don't have a picture.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
It seems to me that Israel always has an excuse for something.

In the beginning i thought there excuses were valid and they were fighting off terrorists, but after the way Israel treats everyone including the world with its money greedy ways ( supposedly being behind big bankers)... all I see is a kid who has been crying wolf too many times.

Israel would be easily available to say that there was a muslim on board that boat, and if there were a muslim then there was a jihadist. Crazy. I dont like the muslim faith because of the way they act towards other religions and after having had seen undercover videos of Muslim Mosques and what they "preach"... I dont like EITHER of the two religions. I never liked the islamic faith but man... how can they have billions of followers??? and preach so much hate?

I think the world should do what is fair. If they cant share the country then nobody can have it. Make them all move out. They believe the bible... so they should deconstruct the cities and let the land turn back into a land full of milk and honey (which tells me one thing, that they are lustful people because both milk and honey are delicately sweet). Im tired of seeing an entire world calloused by two filthy religions that speak blasphemy. They speak of love then they murder thy neighbor and its ok because it is written in the bible that each other is dirty filthy animals (both are human right? hmm). All anyone has to do anymore is write a bible, proclaim things, have ignorant followers and boooom... you get what you want.

[edit on 2-6-2010 by rjmelter]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Trust me soon israelis will also find iranian nuclear warheads hidden on the flotilla, i am just waiting for the breaking news.

Than israel can have an excuse to send a few missiles into iran fom the israeli/german subs parked up on iranian waters.

Israel has always been provoked to kill thousands of innocent people because 'Islamic jihad' fired a pringle tube into israel.

[edit on 2-6-2010 by Doujutsu]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

I occurs to me that if I were embarked on an endeavor to bring relief to people under a blockade (by a notoriously brutal force) gas masks and bullet proof vests would be on my list of things to have.

But I guess if you are going to have them, you have to expect people to bend to the notion that it means you're up to no good. Or at least, if the media wants to sell it that way the majority will 'buy it'; especially the pre-disposed towards hateful perception.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
They suspected there were terrorists on board. Dangerous jihadists with weapons and a desire to kill. So they first came with paintball guns.

Something seems off about that.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
reply to post by Solomons

I occurs to me that if I were embarked on an endeavor to bring relief to people under a blockade (by a notoriously brutal force) gas masks and bullet proof vests would be on my list of things to have.

I was about to say the same thing. Those were defensive measures (gas-masks and ballistic vests), something that everyone needs when going anywhere that the IDF and Israeli security forces operate.

It really doesn't matter what they find because you can tie anything to "terrorism". If they find a glass bowl, it will have most likely been used to stir chemicals for bomb making. If they find money (which they supposedly did), then it will be used to fund terrorism. If they find H202 (peroxide) in someone's toiletries, then they were "obviously" going to use it in an explosive compound.

Terrorism is kind of like a catch-all as it can be used to justify anything. Common sense will fly out of the window as long as they mention terrorism. I don't understand why people allow themselves to lose logic and reason when any government brings up "terrorism"? Most people have a much higher chance of being killed by a fallen vending machine, than being killed by a terrorist act.

--airspoon

I completely agree with both of your posts

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by WolfofWar
They suspected there were terrorists on board. Dangerous jihadists with weapons and a desire to kill. So they first came with paintball guns.

Something seems off about that.

Agreed.

Evidently this commando squad whose primary training is for covert sabotage and combat theater search and destroy missions, was ill-suited for the mission they were given.

These so-called paint-ball guns were not "paint-ball" guns... they were special weapons equipped to deliver caustic and disabling chemicals to their targets. But still, their intended non-lethal use seems evident.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by airspoon
Of course, it would only be wise to take bullet-proof vests and gas-masks when traveling anywhere near Israel. One would be stupid not to, given Israel's history of trying to kill anyone who interferes with their plan of genocide.www.newsmaxworld.com

Uh...Genocide...really? That's a bit strong, don't you think? Of course it is.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by yellowcard

According to Merriam-Webster, the definition of genocide is as follows:

--the deliberate and systematic destruction of a racial, political, or cultural group
Source: www.merriam-webster.com...

I don't think it is too strong at all because that is in fact what Israel is doing to the Palestinians. Israel wants to rid themselves of the "Palestinian problem", plain and simple. This is what the evictions, entry refusals, bombardments and killings are for.

--airspoon

Edited to add: Do you not agree that Israel is trying to destroy Palestine and rid themselves of the Palestinian people? If you don't agree, what do you base your beliefs on?

[edit on 2-6-2010 by airspoon]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by WolfofWar

Exactly!

They should have just sent a few fighters to blow those ships if they were packed with Osama and his pals.I never thought israel would be so stupid to hit the nail on their own toe.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Doujutsu

Well they couldn't do that, because even if they were right it would appear as them annihilating a civilian vessel. They would have needed to board the ship. You would have thought though, that they would be more careful and better prepared.

I can't believe anybody actually believes their lies. It's obvious that they went on to board and harass, and received more hostility then they expected.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by WolfofWar

They knew that they were going to get away with this. They always get away with these types of things. This is not the first time that Israel has done this. They know that western media is controlled by Zionists and pro-Zionists. I think the thing that they didn't realize is that thousands of people actually watched it live.

--airspoon

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by airspoon
Do you not agree that Israel is trying to destroy Palestine and rid themselves of the Palestinian people? If you don't agree, what do you base your beliefs on?

The fact that they're still there. If Israel wanted to eradicate the Palestinians, they'd be gone.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Al-Jazeera cameraman confirms some IDF claims of attack
By JPOST.COM STAFF
06/04/2010 11:32

Andre Abu Khalil, a Lebanese cameraman for Al Jazeera TV, who was aboard the Mavi Marmara told Reuters some 20 Turkish men tried by force to prevent the boarding commandos from reaching the wheelhouse and commandeering the ship.

Using slingshots, metal pipes and wooden rods they initially succeeded in wounding and overpowering four Israeli soldiers and dragging them below decks, he told Reuters.

After a 10-minute standoff the Israelis opened fire, according to the cameraman.

www.jpost.com...

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
The Israelis should simply blow the ships out of the water.

Jihad is jihad. Every non-muslim nation has the right to stop any and all jihad activity and Israel is no exception.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

The fact that they're still there. If Israel wanted to eradicate the Palestinians, they'd be gone.

Not entirely, they have to do it tactfully. Remember that story about boiling a frog (I'll refrain from posting it here)? Israel has to be careful and not go for broke all at once. If they go to far to soon, the world will view them as the 21st century Nazis and I believe that powers such as China and possibly even Russia would step in to put a stop to it. If public opinion goes south due to an obvious campaign of genocide, then Israel would be finished. However, if Israel does it slowly to where they can still have plausible denial, they could then use their "spin" tactics and propaganda to sway public opinion. Remember, public opinion is paramount to Israel's survival. If they do it Nazi style, they are finished but if they do it slowly and tactfully, then they would have a much better chance at succeeding. I think that the strategy they are now implementing is working perfectly. The strategy of appearing to take the moral high-ground while blaming the genocide on "fighting terrorism".

--airspoon

new topics

top topics

join