It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BTS Fantasy Football League 2010??

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by NovusOrdoMundi

Originally posted by intrepid
Sorry. This won't play, it's against the T&C and our Privacy Policy.

I've done this three years in a row and there is a moderator in the league. So why are you just now deciding to say something about it?

Because I just saw it? File a complaint and let the staff decide as this has been ongoing. It IS against the T&C though.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

I will file a complaint because this enforcement of the T&C against a very insignificant issue interferes with our ability to have an ATS members only league.

But my point in bringing up that there is a moderator that participates in the league is that if this was such a severe violation of the T&C that it needed to be addressed by the staff, he would not have provided his email address to me in the first place.

No problem though. If it's really necessary to take the T&C so literally that fantasy football leagues are targeted - despite the fact that I have not saved nor shared the email addresses of the members with anyone and have had no complaints against me for doing so - then that's how it is. I'll go submit my complaint now.

[edit on 6/17/10 by NovusOrdoMundi]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I'm going to keep looking for people interested while the complaint is being reviewed. So if anyone is interested, post here or send me a u2u and we will find another way to get you an invitation since my plot to use ATS as a base for which to funnel email addresses to Al Qaeda under the guise of a fantasy football league has been disrupted.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

I don't know why people always bring that up. In soccer there is the THROW-in and the goalie uses his hands all the time.

Concerning the OP, I think that fantasy football is too involved for the casual fan and I know that a weekly pick 'em contest would garner wider support.

Fantasy pool, I'm out. Weekly pick 'em, I'm in.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
The CHAMP is here!!! I'm also in for this year... I know I haven't been active in BTS/ATS of late... My job makes it almost impossible... But definately will be engaged in FF for the first back to back championship in ATS FF history!!

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
yeah i am back, count me in please

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
We are almost back up and running. We still have one empty spot and one member (Karlhungis) from last season who has not confirmed they will be back this season.

If anyone knows someone interested in joining or is in contact with Karlhungis, please let me know.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
When does the season start?

And can anyone provide me a link of the latest rookie draft analysis? I would like to check out the new crop of players

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I'm down for making weekly game picks, but doing the traditional fantasy football (draft, submitting line-up, tallying statistics, etc..) just seems too time consuming for me. I'm sure there will be some interest though.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Hurry up football season! I want to enjoy Sundays again!

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   
I'll play if you still have an open spot.

What site do you use to host the league; Yahoo, ESPN, CBS, etc?

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Boognish
I'll play if you still have an open spot.

What site do you use to host the league; Yahoo, ESPN, CBS, etc?

We use ESPN

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
We're currently aiming to have the draft (for those that don't know, it is a live draft) sometime around the middle or end of August. Most likely though it will be at the end of the third week of pre-season due to the possibility of injuries to the players. I know it's a bit early for anyone to know their availability at that time so we will begin the process of gathering availability dates and times sometime in August. I will u2u everyone when we have begun.

Also, if anyone needs any tools to help them with the draft, the best free website I have found is FFToolbox. I don't typically use anything for my drafting but just taking a quick look around, it seems to be the most complete, free one.

If you are new to the league and have any questions regarding anything, feel free to ask here or contact me via u2u.

[edit on 7/12/10 by NovusOrdoMundi]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Karlhungis will not be playing this season, so we have one more spot available. I will leave his team in the league until we fill the spot. If we do not find anyone else, I will leave his team in the league just to serve as the 10th team.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
What are peoples thoughts on LT's chances at the Jets this season?

I know he's old now, but it was kind of stupid for the Chargers to let him go....Sproles isnt that good

[edit on 19/7/2010 by OzWeatherman]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I think its about time we started throwing out some dates and times for the live draft

Personally, Im going to need quite an advanced notification so I can work around work and sleeping

Any suggestions?

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

LT should have some value in point per reception leagues. But as long as Shonn Greene is healthy, he is going to get most of the goal line carries I would think. The Jets have pretty much the best O-Line in football though and will most likely run a ton. So LT could still rack up good yardage totals if he can avoid the nagging injuries that have plagued him the last few years. I am skeptical about his ability to stay healthy though.

About the draft time...I am currently playing softball every Friday night; so that night would be out for me until the season ends August 20th. I also play on Wednesday nights and that season should end sooner, but I'm not exactly sure when because we have several rain/makeup games.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
The draft will occur between August 24th and August 31st. Please post what days in that time frame you expect to be available. I understand things come up on short notice and there's no way anyone can know for sure they will be able to attend the draft, but as of right now, post your availability.

Also, please post what time(s) you are best available and list your time zone as well.

Unlike the last few seasons I will not chase people to post their availability times. A draft time and date will be decided based on those who actually post their date and time of availability. If you do not post and end up not making it to the draft, that's your problem.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Boognish

I dont know about that. I think they could be a worthwhile handcuff pair, but I wouldnt take just one of them. Same with Sproles and that rookie at the Chargers....you couldnt just take one of them.

The top 5 will certainly be interesting, the experts have gone

1. Chris Johnson
2. Adrian Peterson
3. Maurice Jones-Drew
4. Ray Rice
5. Frank Gore

Im not sure if Rice will be able to backup last years peformance, and I think Peterson might be a safer choice than Johnson.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

Im in the Perth timezone which is +7:00 UTC

I will know what dates are best for me in a few days, as I just remembered that my work roster is chaging on the 5th. However Im sure I can make anytime available, as its much more fun actually attending the live draft

Myabe we should alert the rest of the guys to this thread Novus? Id be happy to post the u2u's if you want? Just so people have an idea of whats going on

[edit on 1/8/2010 by OzWeatherman]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join