It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Old Man Bush Will Skydive at 80 years of age!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 03:35 PM
link   
To celebrate his 80th birthday former President George H. W. Bush plans on doing what would be impossible for most his age. He will be jumping from a plane at 13,000 feet on Sunday...

Original news source:

CBSNEWS.com

"A scary feeling," Mr. Bush said in his usual pronoun-free style as he contemplated standing in the open door of the plane with a parachute on. "A funny feeling in your tummy or your knees."

Mr. Bush has made four parachute jumps in his life � three since leaving the White House more than a decade ago, including one on his 75th birthday.

"People say: `Why are you doing this, you nutty old man?"� Mr. Bush said. "I say: One, because I want to. It feels good. There�s a thrill involved. And two: Just because you�re 80 doesn�t mean you�re finished. It sends a message to a lot of people ... that old age is not a barrier."

Please visit the above original source link for the full report.

Setting aside politics here for a moment let me say this: VERY damned impressive Mr. President!

Most people that I know that have made it to 80 feel happy just to be able to get to the bathroom on their own!

What do you plan for your 80th birthday?

This kinda proves you can do almost anything right through the later years of life, it is all about staying healthy and enjoying life!

[edit on 9-6-2004 by UM_Gazz]

[edit on 11-6-2004 by Nerdling]

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Good for Mr. Bush if he want to jump, I am a lot younger and I will not do this myself, and who said you are old at 80?

John Glenn returned to space to space in 1998 right? You are as old as you feel.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 07:56 AM
link   
i know a women who is 88 and still flies. she's in better than healthy condition, too. i agree, age is no barrier.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I'd say this is a case of State Funeral envy for Reagen.

No need to rush things Mr. B.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 10:47 AM
link   
A thought that comes to my mind is...

It's okay for Mr Bush to do this at age 80, but a little while back, paratroopers wanted to take a "ceremonial" jump re-inacting the Normandy invasion, but were told no.

what's the difference ?

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by UM_Gazz
Most people that I know that have made it to 80 feel happy just to be able to get to the bathroom on their own!

This kinda proves you can do almost anything right through the later years of life, it is all about staying healthy and enjoying life!

Whilst age should no be an issue it kind of helps for this guy that he's lead the most rich and easy life imaginable. He was born into a rich family, he's always had the best treatments, the best foods, best health care, best personal trainers e.t.c. and he probably never had a truly stressful day in his life until he was in the White House, and even then it's debatable.

Most people haven't got it in them anymore by the time they reach 80, no matter how much they look after themselves, because the stresses of life have taken it out of them. Bush would know no such thing.

Also I think you've got a point there RANT, he probably wants his recognition now *s'n-word'*.

As a sidenote, I wouldn't mind if he forgot to pull the chord, sorry if you have a problem with that.

[edit on 10-6-2004 by John Nada]

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 02:10 PM
link   
And what a B-Day celebration it was!

The whole Bush family went from the memorial service for Reagan in Washington on Friday, to Texas on Saturday for Bush's birthday...where the elder Bush enjoyed a party at Houston's Minute Maid Park with son George W. Bush, former Soviet leader Mikhail Gorbachev, former British Prime Minister John Major and 5,000 other invited guests. The entertainment uncluded Vince Gill, Amy Grant, Tommy Tune, Bo Derek and Dennis Miller.

The party served as a fund-raiser for the George Bush Forty-One Endowment, which is trying to raise $30 million to support his presidential library, the University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center and his Points of Light Foundation. Tickets started at $200.
www.xposed.com...

Only $200 to see a Republican thrown out of an airplane?
They could have charged more IMO. Let's hope it starts a trend.

Here the elder Bush is showing off his falling technique, first honed in 1944 when bailing out over the Pacific. The secret? A thousand points of gravity.

I believe the birthday boy had just returned from Chuck E. Cheese in this photo where he won two out of three games against Dubya playing whack-a-mole.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY YOU CRAZY OLD MAN!

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Former President Bush kept his word and completed his jump to celebrate his 80th birthday amid worries over wind and doubts that he'd be able to jump at all. The former President did not do a solo jump it was a tandem jump.

In a humorous twist Fox News's own reporter Brit Hume jumped also, his jump preceded the former President's jump. Which made me wonder why... Did the secret service act on orders from the President perhaps an order like this: "Lets throw the Fox News guy out and if he makes it then the Mr. Bush can go" ???

Gazz

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 02:20 PM
link   
What was the Chuck Norris jump about Gazz? I missed it.

Was he one of the protestors? I was half asleep and having a really strange dream narrated by Wolf Blitzer that Bush had invaded the air.

EDIT: I can't find squat on the web about the protestors. Was it dream? Out of sight, out of mind?

[Edited on 13-6-2004 by RANT]

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Kudo's to old man Bush. Any person, especially at his age to do something that they love one more time is a good thing.

top topics

join