It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious "HELP US" audio recording

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   
While going through my phone the a couple weeks ago looking for a presentation I recorded I found this strange recording that sort of spooked me for a bit. I couldn't remember where I recorded immediately it so I searched my phone for anything on that date & I found a couple pictures & video that were recorded during the during the same time frame.

Once I saw the location I remembered the recording was of some animal calls that I wanted to reference later for ID. I don't know if anyone can identify the animals (there were at least 2), but you can still hear their pulsating calls.

On my phone I thought I could hear a short "Help us", followed by a clear "Help us" & then an "Oh my god". After downloading it on my computer I hear a "Help us" followed by a "Help Me". The file has been converted from it's original format for playback on ATS, but is the same speed and direction.

It's likely just an artifact of digital recording or I'm just hearing what I want to, but here it is anyway. I'll continue if anybody interested.

Help US You might have better results downloading the file & looping the audio as well as adjusting the mid to high levels as well as the volume.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/93821aaf7fcd.jpg[/atsimg] Excuse the blurry phone picture.

[edit on 2-6-2010 by verylowfrequency]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
In the file you linked to I'm not hearing anything but background noise pulsating in and out.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
i had to turn my sound right up and did hear what sounds like some one whispering help in the middle of the tape

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

Sorry, I couldn't make a more audible file (louder). The pulsating is the animal calls that I was trying to record. Try cranking up the max volume as well as adjusting the equalizer if you have one available. I'll try making a better file with volume adjustments later today.

[edit on 2-6-2010 by verylowfrequency]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Nah. Sounds like noise that we just want to put words to.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by verylowfrequency

Sorry, I couldn't make a more audible file (louder).

I had all my volumes cranked.

You may wish to download free audio software such as Audacity or Cool Edit Pro. This will allow volume boosting as well as other useful modifiers.

[edit on 2-6-2010 by traditionaldrummer]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I'm intrigued. It's also almost 2am in the morning. I might as well get in some scare, so I'll check out the file and equalise it to see if I can hear faint, otherworldly groans.

Edit: Seeing as I can't download the file I'm unable to equalise it. I did notice an audible and breathy "help me", but this could be the rustling of your pants or something.

Unless you weren't wearing pance.

[edit on 2-6-2010 by Whine Flu]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Whine Flu

My pants rustling - that's hilarious.

Okay - I made a higher gain version (& adjusted original link) so you can really hear my pants better.

High gain help us

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I played it over and over. The only thing I made out was what sounded like someone walking through grass towards the middle. Like a swish-swish.

Good luck on your enhancement.

Edit to say I just listened to your higher gain. It sounds even more like pants.

Pants.

[edit on 2-6-2010 by WickettheRabbit]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by WickettheRabbit

Thanks for your opinion - that's all I was looking for.

I left the on & off noises at both ends of the recording for the purpose of examination rather than editing it out. You can also hear a small creek running in the background now. The pulsating noises are what I was attempting to record. The 7 second mark in the middle was the sound I made this thread about.

While I was not walking during this recording I do consider that it is possible I made the sound by moving the mic though the air

new topics

top topics

join