It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12 confirmed murdered and 25 injured after Gunman runs amok in Whitehaven, Egremont and Seascale, Cu

page: 17
<< 14  15  16   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Speculation and rumor always flourish in an atmosphere of secrecy and silence. A full, public release of all the evidence gathered in the criminal investigation needs to be made to silence the doubters. But that will not be done. Why not? Probably because they do indeed have something to hide.

I predicted that Birdy was ex-military, based upon my research into the profile of these random-rage shooters. But we are not even allowed to know that, so how do you know the allegations made in the essay aren't true?

edit on by starviego because: typo

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Beyond the speculation, there is one thing that is beyond doubt: Derrick Bird had been living a lifestyle in recent years far beyond his means as a cab driver(no matter how little taxes he paid). Consider:

--He had a bank account with 60k in it.

--He had a dependent minor child to support.

--He had two expensive hobbies--scuba diving and motocross racing(with his son).

--In recent years he had taken holiday/scuba diving expeditions to the Orkney Islands, Spain, the Canary Islands, Sweden, Thailand, Croatia, Russia, and Egypt(the ones we know of).

--He is supposed to have given one Thai girlfriend a 1000pounds(or more) as a gift.

--He was also seen giving his daughter-in-law a thick wad of cash as a gift after she gave birth to his first grandchild.

--And according to one source,
news.bbc.co.uk...
....he "kept thousands of pounds under the floorboards" of his home.

--He owed nothing on the flat he lived in, which had been purchased four years before for 67k.

--He owned the cab he drove, and no money was owed on it.

Nowhere in the media or police investigation is there any evidence that attempts to explain this curious fact!

/

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
If anyone encounters the madman, and is properly armed to defend himself, I wonder what crimes will be lavished on him should he use a firearm to end the spree?

There is a systematic attempt to disarm the world being played out. I am not suggesting that the shooter is under mind control, or that he is part of this conspiracy at all. It is possible, as well it is possible that the links have snapped and he has gone mad. Few of us understand the complexities of technology, and 'what it all means'.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 04:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Peruvianmonk

Just want to give this thread a bump in remembrance of the 12 that were killed, including my old college friend Garry Purdham, may they rest in peace.

Can't believe it has been 6 years since our area was subject to this horrific incident, but given how infrequent these events take place, I stand by UK gun laws.

I also want to say RIP to the shooter, Derrick Bird, I don't know what happened that day Birdy to cause you to flip, but you were a good fella who would always go that extra length to help carry in the shopping (in return for a brew).

Life has returned to normal here in West Cumbria, but not for the families, it is a nightmare they will have to live with for the rest of their lives, but they couldn't live in a more warmer community to help them through it.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Peruvianmonk

where?

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16   >>

join