posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 04:38 AM
I just recently finished playing all the Half Life games and find the character G-Man to be very fascinating. So much mystery and speculation
surrounds this character. If you have not yet played the games, I strongly urge you to go play them now! They comprise some of the finest FPS games
ever made. This thread serves to collect members' thoughts on the G-man and his nature. Is he good? Is he evil? Who is he working for? What are his
Please be aware that this thread will inevitably contain MAJOR spoilers to the Half Life story. If you have not completed Half-Life 2: Episode 2
(the latest release in terms of the story progression) then STOP reading now. By reading subsequent replies, you are confirming that you have played
and successfully completed the latest release.
For those of you who are also fascinated by this character and the mystery that surrounds him, please reply with your own theory. It doesn't matter
how outlandish the claim is, as long as you have a plausible reason behind making the claim.
- Is G-man a human, alien or some other type of being?
- Why does G-man take an interest in Gordon Freeman, Adrian Shepard and Alyx Vance?
- Who might the G-man actually work for?
- How come most beings are not aware of his presence besides a select few?
- How does Eli Vance know him?
- What is the G-man trying to achieve throughout the games?
So ATS, do you have any answers relating to this enigmatic character?
[edit on 2/6/2010 by Dark Ghost]