It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

G-man [Half-Life series] Theories *SPOILERS*

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 04:38 AM
link   
I just recently finished playing all the Half Life games and find the character G-Man to be very fascinating. So much mystery and speculation surrounds this character. If you have not yet played the games, I strongly urge you to go play them now! They comprise some of the finest FPS games ever made. This thread serves to collect members' thoughts on the G-man and his nature. Is he good? Is he evil? Who is he working for? What are his goals?

Please be aware that this thread will inevitably contain MAJOR spoilers to the Half Life story. If you have not completed Half-Life 2: Episode 2 (the latest release in terms of the story progression) then STOP reading now. By reading subsequent replies, you are confirming that you have played and successfully completed the latest release.

For those of you who are also fascinated by this character and the mystery that surrounds him, please reply with your own theory. It doesn't matter how outlandish the claim is, as long as you have a plausible reason behind making the claim.

Some considerations:
- Is G-man a human, alien or some other type of being?
- Why does G-man take an interest in Gordon Freeman, Adrian Shepard and Alyx Vance?
- Who might the G-man actually work for?
- How come most beings are not aware of his presence besides a select few?
- How does Eli Vance know him?
- What is the G-man trying to achieve throughout the games?

So ATS, do you have any answers relating to this enigmatic character?

[edit on 2/6/2010 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 03:33 AM
link   
I'll try and get the ball rolling...

One of my theories is that G-man was at one time an Administrator for Aperture Science (Black Mesa's main competitor). He played a significant role in orchestrating the Black Mesa incident to destroy Black Mesa and lure the Combine into Earth. He is trying to get Gordon and Alyx to find the Borealis, and obtain the portal technology on board.

Another theory, though not my own, is that G-man might be a high-ranking officer of the Combine. Were all of these events that have taken place engineered so that the Combine obtain the secret technology aboard the legendary Borealis? Maybe there are consequences for those trying to steal the technology that G-man is aware of, so he is using pawns (Freeman, Alyx) to obtain the technology so he is not linked to its theft.

I have some more theories, but hopefully other members can share some of their own theories.

[edit on 3/6/2010 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I haven't played the lost coast yet, but I have completed 1 and 2. When you said g man, I instantly had the following Coast to coast call pop into my head. It is are good old buddy Gordan Freeman calling George Noory.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Maybe he is a more advanced being and can travel through dimensions? Also in the first game he can be seen walking around corners and i believe looking over the actual incident causing the whole thing, but i don't quite remember.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
He's evidently NOT human if Nihilanth was telling the truth. I'm definitely sure he's NOT Gordon from the future. He may be a combine stooge or, a different race trying to take them down using Gordon. Whatever he is he's a very interesting character.

new topics

top topics

join