It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey is ready to go in war with Israel, according to Erdogan

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
IMHO I hope Turkey gets its face kicked in for what they did to the Armenians

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Turkey is a para nuclear state, with 90 thermonuclear B61 US bombs on its territory. Whether or not it is possible for Turkey...to obtain some of them for its own purposes, we won't know until it is a done fact. Consider the situation in Pakistan where the Taliban are feared they might break the security. Much more a country government and army like that of Turkey...especially if it is somehow allowed to do so.

The times have changed since the 2005 report below, and now Turkey is closer to Iran, and to Russia, than to USA.

Europe's Five "Undeclared Nuclear Weapons States"
- by Prof. Michel Chossudovsky - 2010-02-12 globalresearch.ca...

"As part of this European stockpiling, Turkey, which is a partner of the US-led coalition against Iran along with Israel, possesses some 90 thermonuclear B61 bunker buster bombs at the Incirlik nuclear air base. (National Resources Defense Council, Nuclear Weapons in Europe , February 2005) "

[edit on 3-6-2010 by Gliese581]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Gliese581

I dont get what you want to say. Those are US Bombs. They were probably stationed there, so that Turkey could use them in case of an attack by Red Army, so there will be turkish troopers trained to fire them, but they are still in US possession and control. Do you really believe Turkey would attack US forces, to get those bombs from them, to use in a war over some Palestinians? That doesnt make a quarter of an ounce of strategical sense.
Erdogan uses the opportunity to make some political hay in Turkey and with some arab nations. Israel has attacked Turkey and Erdogan will keep on growling, until he seizes some political niceties from Israel, that make him look even better with his voters.
Starting a war against the US would hardly help him in the negotiations with Israel. Or even with his voters. Turkey has had some decent years of economic development, they have an actual middle class majority, and a lot of people there actually love to be alive.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Gliese581

Those nuclear weapons may be on Turkish soil, but they're still the property of the United States and under its control. Even if, hypothetically speaking, they could find a way to use those weapons without US authorization, they would really, really end up wishing they hadn't.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
None of this would be happening if only the UN had given the Zionists land in North Dakota to make their country instead of land in the Middle East. It is almost like they setup the situation from day one.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

They did.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by TokiTheDestroyer

It was not Turkey, but Ottoman Empire.

I don't think Turkey will fight with Israel. Turkey started to think big and it means it aims to be a big hegemonial power in the region. Turkey will instead push Israel to lift the blockade, and make them an ordinary state in the region. In fact, ironically, peace may also be near in the region thanks to Turkey.

[edit on 3-6-2010 by deccal]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by deccal

It was not Turkey, but Ottoman Empire.

But it was the Turks that did it.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by EGO84

Thats true.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Why not do it know, come kick our faces......wait no longer.....Beware though , we are no iraq or afganistan.....

[edit on 3-6-2010 by MoonandStar]

[edit on 3-6-2010 by MoonandStar]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by SassyCat
I see many here hoping for nuclear apocalypse.

Yup. Death and destruction is all good when it supports your cause, apparently. It makes you wonder who the extremists really are, doesn't it?

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
None of this would be happening if only the UN had given the Zionists land in North Dakota to make their country instead of land in the Middle East. It is almost like they setup the situation from day one.

Originally posted by WeMoveUnseen
reply to post by groingrinder

They did.

Looks like they gave the Zionists Washington too.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join