It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will We Learn From History?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 03:22 PM
link   
This topic may not be that interesting for some, but ecological problems and infrastructure demis led to the end of the Angkor empire.
www.cnn.com...

"They created ecological problems for themselves and they either didn't see it until it was too late or they couldn't solve it even when they could see it," said Roland Fletcher, an archaeologist working on the Greater Angkor Project.

I thought this was interesting because of the relevance it might have to our own society.

"It's the same kinds of problems manifesting themselves in different ways," he said.

How would similar problems manifest themselves in our own society and in particular urban areas? As cities become more and more crowded, the increase in demand of services and limited resources could lead to a demise in some cities. In particular, the Angkor capital has been compared to Los Angeles.

[edit on 9-6-2004 by Jamuhn]

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 04:57 PM
link   
It is hard for me to imagine how that may evidence its self today. But that is most likely be a deficient of my own rather then what may come to be. I do know there has been talk among Wall Street professional of the potential of having WATER be traded as a commodity.

I am just struck with some connections:

� Iraq is the source and controls � of the Middle East�s water supply.
� The Carlyle Group � The Bush-bin Laden family�s- investment vehicle has been quietly been behind the idea of water as a tradable commodity.

Are we in the Middle East, not for oil, but because of the water?

Water as a Tradable Commodity
www.mindfully.org...
www.foodfirst.org...
agnews.tamu.edu...
www.jcpa.org...
www.ncpa.org...
www.uswaternews.com...

Bush�s Carlyle Group and Water as a Commodity
biz.yahoo.com...
www.wienerboerse.at...
www.chemtrailcentral.com...
www.davidhawkinsresearch.com...