It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5-Year-Old Suspended Before Graduation Boy Suspended For 'Thinking' About Knife

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by psilo simonKids need to be taught about consequences to prevent them from making the wrong choices.

Agreed but how did this child make the wrong choice? You would've sent your child to his room for a week for making the correct decision and leaving the knife behind instead of bringing it into the school?

If it were my child, I would have praised him for making the right choices. I have two kindergärtners. They are curious about everything and so much is going on in their heads trying to understand the world and all its strange rules. They truly would be even more confused little souls if this had been one of them and they were actually punished for doing the right thing.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Better sooner than later to learn that anyone in a position of authority is a waste of skin.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by psilo simon
If my child done that, I would have certainly told him that in the end he done the right thing, but I tell you what, the school would have my full support in the action they chose take and I would have kept him in his room for a whole week, because even though he chose against it, he still took the knife out. Kids need to be taught about consequences to prevent them from making the wrong choices.

I fear the child in question in this case wouldnt learn anything if no action had been taken.

The knife was found abandoned. He was a curious 5 year old.

<< 1   >>

join