It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Polish Plane Last Moments Revealed (Partial Transcripts Released)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   

A transcript has been released from black boxes retrieved from the Polish government plane which crashed in western Russia on the 10th April, with the Polish president onboard

Article Source

In the readings, pilots received at least ten warnings to increase the plane’s altitude.

Information from the black boxes recovered from the wreckage and now published on the Polish Interior Ministry’s website, shows a warning system in the cockpit repeatedly gave “pull up” warnings as the aircraft was approaching low terrain. "Pull up, pull up. We are approaching the ground," was reported in the last minute before the crash. The last words on the recordings were swear words.

The recordings not only confirm earlier reports that the pilots did not react to the plane’s automatic warning system, but also reveal that two passengers were in the cockpit. There has been speculation that one of the two was president Lech Kaczynski, although the black box tape recordings were not clear enough for a positive identification of speech patterns.

It had been thought the pilots were attempting to land the plane on the orders of the president, in spite of poor weather conditions. The Polish government Russian-made Tupolev Tu-154 crashed in poor visibility. President Kaczynski and 95 prominent Poles died in the tragedy.

Reuters: Transcript details last moments of Polish plane

* Pilots disregarded many warnings to re-ascend

* No evidence of Kaczynski ordering a landing

(Adds more background)

So the plot thickens, Who were the two passengers in the cock-pit and why?

Russia handed over copies of the cockpit recordings to Polish Interior Minister Jerzy Miller on Monday. The original recordings will stay in Russia until its probe is completed.

Of course they will, it takes time to erase incriminating stuff off of black boxes to make the recordings appear authentic. My speculative notion if course.

[edit on 6/2/2010 by UberL33t]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

although the black box tape recordings were not clear enough for a positive identification of speech patterns.

I think they should be able to isolate certain sounds and investigate the speech pattern, no matter the clarity of the audio, with todays audio technology.

Also, these passengers were speaking in the cockpit, but it wasn't clear enough on the black box?

What good does it do, if it can't even record cockpit conversation clearly?

Seems shady indeed.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Point of No Return

Seems shady indeed.

My sentiments exactly!

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Figured I'd give this a little bump for the U.S. Coffee Crowd on ATS. Thoughts?

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

Some additional info here.

These transcripts will go on to prove nothing regarding how the crash happened in my opinion.

The fact that the pilots 'ignored' certain warnings could tell a lot - I wonder if these 'warnings' were ever received?

top topics

join