It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My cat saw something? Or is she just acting weird?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Well, when something odd comes up, this place is the place to turn to. I'm curious to see what you guys think of what happened to me today.

Cats always behave predictably. Everyday I see my cat and it just acts like a typical cute sweet cat. Well, today around 5pm, I went outside to feed the cat and she got startled when she saw me! She stared behind me. As I approached her she jumped back, then would run from me, not far, she just didn't want to get close to me. She didn't look directly at me. She constantly was looking behind me. The entire time she never stopped staring behind me. Even when she ran, she ran backward so she could always have an eye on me (behind me). I ignored it, I figured she saw some cat/rat/lizard, etc. Then around 7pm I go outside and again she's scared of me and constantly looking behind me. At that point I found it weird. I went up to the cat and tried to get her this time. She'd distance herself from me as I got closer to her. At that point she ran to the side of the house, I went to see where she went and after that she was friendly with me again. Weird huh? What do you think of all this? I've had this cat for years and its the first time she's ever done this.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   
That is very interesting..

I wonder if doing a search of history there where you live might turn up any past records that might give clues, if there is something paranormal happening... It sounds like you had a guest following you around and your cat didn't like it at all

Cats do have much better sense of taste and smell than humans and also far better movement detection with their eyes, and can also see in 1/6th the light that humans can see in.... intersting isn't it?

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Strange! My cat was running away from me this morning, but that's because she had done something wrong and thought she was caught out.

Did you have a hat on, or different glasses/jacket anything like that? Was something you had on, or near you casting a weird shadow behind you?

With another cat of ours years ago one of us had a beanie or some sort of head thing on and our cat flipped. Same when she saw an old teddy bear. Cats are so smart, but sometimes, can also be a little... slow

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
No, I had nothing unusual on. She knew it was me. She was never looking at me, but behind me. When I got close enough to get her, she ran to the side of the house. When I went to see where she went, she was just sitting there. At that point she finally looked at me (not behind me) and was friendly again. This is very strange for this cat since she's always extremely friendly towards me.

I don't think the shadow was the problem since I feed her around 5pm each day.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by OralFixation

That's rather typical cat behaviour.

They are psycho!!

I reached across my loving kitty the other morning to turn off the alarm and she woke up and really, screamed at me in her psycho voice, slashed my arm and then began to rip at my beard. lol She's a cat and she is nuts, just like they all are. lol

Seriously, though, not that this cat wasn't being serious when she slashed at me, the only person in the house who actually gives a damn about her, lol, cats do seem to see things we cannot. And they react.

Dogs do this, too.

I believe these pets do see other things most humans can't recognize and they react to those things.

What if you saw a "shadow" being that no one else could see? Would you not, at least, stop for a second to look and try to compute that which everyone else was oblivious to?

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   
my first thought would be how old is the cat?

Could be degentive disease.
However, cats/animals are known to be extra sentive to their surroundings ie, days before an earthquake hits, they'll run around as if they are looking for a place to hide that is safe or will out right hide out not to be seen for days.

I've lived around cats all my life, and this is REALLY REALLY odd behavior for any cat that has been around in the family for any length of time. To me, your cat is acting as if it has never seen you before.

Are you absoutly sure it's the same cat?

The reason I say this is because we had an almost exact twin of our black cat that would frequent our back porch; our cat is pure black only with a wisp of white just above it's left eye.. when I mean tiny it's hardly noticeable.. and the neighbor's cat didn't have any markings at all and a bit thinger a slightly larger.

On MORE than one occassion I stopped our cat from coming into the house because I 'thought' it was the neighbors cat.. untill it had to look at her for a third time, and it being at night, was really difficult.

Now, our cats, know when dad's angry, and will exit the room, just because they don't want to be in the way. However, they WILL not hesitate to meet at the door when I come in, they know it's me, and wont do it for any one else but my wife. They will both sleep on my feet when I go to bed because, IMO they know i like my feet warm. The only time they will 'skidder' away is when they know im upset... other than that it's pretty much get under my feet, rub my leg, meow when they're hungery . LOL

I'd really like to see if this behavior continues ..

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by kyred

That's exactly what I thought when she did it at 5pm. I figured she was just acting weird. I felt it was just typical weird cat behavior. But, she did it again when I went outside at 7pm. Two times in a row is very odd, specially when she's never done that before.

[edit on 2-6-2010 by OralFixation]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by OralFixation
No, I had nothing unusual on. She knew it was me. She was never looking at me, but behind me. When I got close enough to get her, she ran to the side of the house. When I went to see where she went, she was just sitting there. At that point she finally looked at me (not behind me) and was friendly again. This is very strange for this cat since she's always extremely friendly towards me.

look in a mirror and see if there's something behind you in the mirror...and snap a picture. my intention isn't to freak you out but to perhaps see what your cat sees

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

Its possible that OralFixations cat was watching something behind him that he couldn't see. I have equipment that lets me see things that nobody else can see when its fired up. I can't see the stuff unless using special optical equipment.

Its kind of like night vision googles, where the magnification of light is increased maybe 35,000 to possibly 100,000 times. With my system radiation is magnifiable by optics.

[edit on 2-6-2010 by RussianScientists]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Komodo

look in a mirror and see if there's something behind you in the mirror...and snap a picture. my intention isn't to freak you out but to perhaps see what your cat sees

I took a picture with my iphone and didn't see anything. But, if I'm to believe the "guest following me" idea, if something was following me, it likely left when the cat ran after it. When I went outside at 7pm, the cat was afraid of me still, she kept looking behind me, then ran away towards the side of the house (as if she was running after what was behind me). After that the cat was friendly with me again. Acting like she always does. Sweet and playful.

I'm sure its the same cat because its a long haired calico cat.

She's about 8 years old.

Also worth mentioning, at 5pm, the entire time she never stopped looking behind me. Even when she ran away from me, she'd run backwards so she could always be looking behind me. She was not really running away from me. She just didn't want to get close to me. But at 7pm, she acted like she ran after something when she ran to the side of the house.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I am a cat lover: ) have hade them with me since i was a baby. i belive i can answer yuor question.
cats i belive can see things we cant. thier well known to do so, though no one really knows why. i think maybe its becasue of thier eyes, they have that 'lens' that enables them to see very very good at night.
when i was 13, i played with an ouija board. Ed and lorraine warren had come to our home, as my mom had seen black trasnaprent cats roaming about the house. The cats WE ha, would often, stare at the celing through this, like something was their, meowing at one spot at the celing, sitting up and wanting to paw at the area.
A few years ago, my favorite cat, was with me in my room. wa listening to some death metal on a cd walkman. i swear i saw a trnsparent back animal appear and move a little, then dissaper. My cat, saw it too...he went to the exact spot i saw this 'anima;' he started pawing at the floor like something was their.
cats can also hear lighting stomrs coming, miels before they come yuor way.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by kyred

That's exactly what I thought when she did it at 5pm. I figured she was just acting weird. I felt it was just typical weird cat behavior. But, she did it again when I went outside at 7pm. Two times in a row is very odd, specially when she's never done that before.

Yeah, that's weird. Cats, though, are not very typical. Like my Queenie suddenly attacking me when she never did that before. But.....well.

I do believe that cats have a connection to things we mere humans cannot understand.

Maybe get a digital camera and take some photos in the direction the cat is looking when it's doing weird stuff. You never know what you might discover.

By the way, I adore cats. We have 16. OMG! Only one is mine. lol The rest belong to these transient kids and their kids who are living with me right now. lol Oh, and 8 of them are just 4 weeks old, from two different mommies, who I did not get fixed in time. I can get a good deal from the animal shelter, but the waiting list is long. And time ran out. LOL. Meahwhile, they ain't my problem, daughters, get rid of them.

Really, though, take photos. If you can, take both digital and film photos.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ziggy1706

Hey, Ziggy, I don't want to get too deep into this subject. lol Cuz people have a tendancy to think I am crazy when it comes to cats and dogs. But, yeah, these precious animals can see and smell and sense things the rest of us can't.

Dogs that are comfortable going up steps, usually, but refuse sometimes and bark at whatever might be there at the time. Cats that don't usually give you the time of day, so to speak, but suddenly they are interested in what you have to say for a couple of hours. lol

It's all weird, and I enjoy every minute with them all.

And they can warn you of things that will happen sometimes.

Yeah, call me crazy, I don't care, but dogs and cats are more entertaining and provide more insight than some people.

Did I ever tell you about the time that my dog barked and caused me to go outside and see...........well, never mind, lol. Let's just say she calmed down once I got to see what she saw and couldn't figure out. Not that I could figure it out, either, but, well.........we comforted each other. lol

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by RussianScientists
reply to post by Komodo

Its possible that OralFixations cat was watching something behind him that he couldn't see. I have equipment that lets me see things that nobody else can see when its fired up. I can't see the stuff unless using special optical equipment.

Its kind of like night vision googles, where the magnification of light is increased maybe 35,000 to possibly 100,000 times. With my system radiation is magnifiable by optics.

[edit on 2-6-2010 by RussianScientists]

Wow, if I had a device like that, I'd definately be a night owl even more than what I am now !
cuz' IMO, the bumps in the night .. are real~!

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by OralFixation

Also worth mentioning, at 5pm, the entire time she never stopped looking behind me. Even when she ran away from me, she'd run backwards so she could always be looking behind me. She was not really running away from me. She just didn't want to get close to me. But at 7pm, she acted like she ran after something when she ran to the side of the house

intresting and thx for the reply! I wounder if she was trying to get your attention.. cuz' .. our cats 'kinda' do the same thing.. but it surely isn't as previlant .. but she was looking behind you .. hmmm.. I wounder what's on the side of the house ??

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   
I was looking at the pic I took again and I noticed something that looked like white smoke behind me. I don't think its anything though. Here's the pic:

and a pic of the cat:

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Have you considered the following

1) People who own cats are slightly strange and lonely

2) You could of been giving off a very bad small that day, did you shower that day or at least the night before?

3) Did you do your hair that day? Was your hair looking ridiculous enough to put a scare into your cat.

4) Did you have your clothes on? Could you of possibly forgot to put clothes on that day? If so this could result in your cat scared witless.

5) If you put clothes on that day were they hideous enough to make a cat freak out?

6) Have you actually got a cat? Have you been on your own for a little to long?

7) cats are strange animals and will often do strange things. They play with balls of string and chase mice....this is the behavior of a CAT! So maybe it is just being a cat!

Hope this helps and that one of these points answers your very "interesting" post!

[edit on 2-6-2010 by C11H17N2NaO2S]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   
ok, now I'm trying to find something in the pic... but, what's this:

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by C11H17N2NaO2S
Have you considered the following

1) People who own cats are slightly strange and lonely

2) You could of been giving off a very bad small that day, did you shower that day or at least the night before?

3) Did you do your hair that day? Was your hair looking ridiculous enough to put a scare into your cat.

4) Did you have your clothes on? Could you of possibly forgot to put clothes on that day? If so this could result in your cat scared witless.

5) If you put clothes on that day were they hideous enough to make a cat freak out?

6) Have you actually got a cat? Have you been on your own for a little to long?

7) cats are strange animals and will often do strange things. They play with balls of string and chase mice....this is the behavior of a CAT! So maybe it is just being a cat!

Hope this helps and that one of these points answers your very "interesting" post!

[edit on 2-6-2010 by C11H17N2NaO2S]

lol, no, nothing was out of the ordinary. I'm agnostic. I have a hard time believing in ghosts or anything of that nature. But, what happened today was so awkward that I decided to post about it here.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 04:34 AM
link   
hmmm, get a black lab, they can see ghost/spirits. don't ask me how or why, they just can. if the black lab act strange around you, you know theres a ghost/angel behind you. angels are evil btw.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join