It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leaked Vatican document: Israeli occupation 'unjust'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Leaked Vatican document: Israeli occupation 'unjust'

rawstory.com

A Vatican document leaked on Tuesday calls the Israeli occupation of Palestinian territories a "political injustice", Italy's ANSA news agency reported.

The occupation is a "political injustice imposed on the Palestinians", the Vatican says, according to extracts quoted by ANSA.

"The Israeli occupation of the Palestinian territories makes daily life difficult for freedom of movement, the economy and social and religious life," the text says.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Gee considering what the Vatican has done for religion lately one has to wonder what this report is all about ?

It's pretty obvious that there is an ever growing number of people and organizations that are ever more eager to speak out against Israel .

I do not think it possible for Israel to fight a war with any of its neighbors and come out on top .

I am also of the opinion that if Israel does find its self in any large scale war in the coming months they just might find a " peace " deal forced on them as well as a unexpected bloody nose .

Part of me is wondering if Israel is being handed just enough rope to hang them selves .

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

horse sheet, i can see through this from minute one...
too out of nowhere

[edit on 2-6-2010 by GBP/JPY]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Max_TO
Gee considering what the Vatican has done for religion lately one has to wonder what this report is all about ?

that question is answered by a country song titled

"If I'm going down, you're going with me"

lol, couldn't be said any better

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

I'm not happy to agree with the Vatican.

But, yeah, the occupation, in my opinion, is unjust.

British colonies? Bah.
UN declarations about Palestine? Bah

In my opinion, Israel has no right to exist. Not as it is, at least.

I have discussions with Israeli friends from time to time concerning this. They bring all sorts of reasons to the table. And even though these Jewish friends, Israeli friends of mine, lay claim to this land, while being avowed atheists, still consider that the land is their birthright. (They don't mention God in these discussions, though, even though that is the basis for the idea that the land is theirs) The older ones weren't even born there. They are English born.

And they all, yes, all, except the younger ones who eventually want to unass that country, lay claim to the land going back thousands of years, even realizing the history, that the original Hebrews were invaders, and there were people living there before they arrived and took the area by force. Somehow history has a stopping point for them, to where it was they first arrived.

Well, it's a rather human reaction, isn't it?

What I wonder is, if the Jews in Israel believe this is their land and sometimes speak of the history, which is written in the Old Testament, and believe they are the only remnants of the Hebrews, why don't the call their country Judea? Israel, according to their ancient writings was only a unified Israel for the time of three kings. And at that time, they were all Israelis, not just Jews. There were other tribes there then, and then they split up again.

Just some things I think about. Heh.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Notice this comes after the Vatican was redeemed for being 'silent' about the holocaust.

I think this is just a good opportunity for them to come out and say what's really true.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Freud wrote that the greatest motivation for Jews, escaping from Egypt, was the fact that everyone else had their own state, only they didn't.

Psychologically, this is like behavior of a 3 year old child, which was further on spoiled and never allowed to grow.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by thedarklingthrush

I believe they picked the wrong moment , people's trust in them has diminuated severely and now by making that statement everyone will think they have a purpose and an interest

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Benedict is the false pope, and he has just lost thousands of followers if this is true.

top topics

join