It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If we can put men on the moon then we can fix the gulf oil leak

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Oops.

Well I guess, never mind.

Moral of this post and the story, "always tell the truth".

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
One sure would think so! Men were on the moon?

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I always look to Seinfeld's guidance on matters like this:

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
2 totally different scenarios with different technology. And the Moon Mission was thought about and planned for years. The Oil Disaster only happened a few weeks ago.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
We can put a man on the moon yet I cant get a damn cell phone signal in my backyard unless I stick my left arm up in the air.

If they cant fix my arm up in the air problem, the oil leak doesnt have a chance of getting fixed.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by brainwrek

Try standing on a crate
. I cant really help with the OP's analogy on this one.

Chalk and Cheese come to mind.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Its not because we cant fix the oil leak, its because we don't want to fix the leak.
Bp is the biggest money pusher of the whole green energy stuff.

Even if this spill is the biggest ever they can only benefit because of there investments in the carbon credit exchanges they invented with enron and goldman sachs.

So you see. You have to be a leader in the game to make out with the lewts. Otherwise you risk staying in a stagnant highly restricted and unprofitable business of oil drilling.

Do you know that the cc stuff is going to be worth trillions, and if you invented the derivatives scam , what exactly do you think will happen to a company when you create the biggest oil spill in the gulf, you will usher in unprecedented regulation.

Why have competition? When you can make so much money regulating your former competition through carbon credit trading and inflated scams.

I love you "working class people" such great little tools.

Yeah go be fake patriotic wile we have men ogle ur women wile we naked body scan them to get on an airplane. Yeah go talk about how free u are,wile ur children can barely complete a sentence.Cheer at how great ur country is being overrun by Mexican nationals,at the same time the only time your leaders get happy is when you are deporting your manufacturing and industrial economy to a 3rd world dictatorship, then cry because you have no jobs.

Cry because you were never taught NAFTA is the structure to export the wealth that your grand fathers built you.For the fluoride heads that means your money gets taken from you by design and sent elsewhere. You don't get to keep it.

Go cry more because the government will send soldiers over seas to guard farmers wile they grow opium (ask Geraldo)
But if ur to stupid to get caught with it here you go to prison.
with that God Bless the United States of America.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Maybe, if the amount of tax dollars went into ocean exploration and sub-sea development as went into space exploration in the last 60 years, this would be a good point to make.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Considering all things WOW it is just beyound understand why fixes for things of this nature were not developed long ago.

With earthquakes and storms not to mention in the event of oil war and....... other sabotage.

You know the question still remains as to why this system was broken way down on the gulf floor like this.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
BP should be investing every dollar, nickel, and penny they've ever earned until theyre bankrupt and in debt and forced to close/sell every store they own to fix this screw up. They should be FORCED to do so. Economy is crap, people need jobs, HIRE PEOPLE TO FIX THE PROBLEM! I'm amazed that BP is still posting profits. They should be a bankrupt company right now.

new topics

top topics

join