It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ex-CSI chief gets prison for evidence tampering

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Another one bites the dust....

news.yahoo.com...;_ylt=ApjqPWrtmLaj.M7VBoKSLSRvzwcF;_ylu=X3o'___'J1c212bHBpBGFzc2V0A2FwLzIwMTA wNjAyL3VzX2NzaV9ldmlkZW5jZV90YW1wZXJpbmcEcG9zAzkEc2VjA3luX2FydGljbGVfc3VtbWFyeV9saXN0BHNsawNmdWxsbmJzcHN0b3I-

PLATTSMOUTH, Neb. – The former chief crime scene investigator of Nebraska's most populous county was sentenced to up to four years in prison Tuesday for planting blood evidence in a 2006 murder investigation.

David Kofoed, 53, was sentenced to between 20 months and 4 years in prison for tampering with evidence in a Cass County case in which two men were wrongly charged in a double murder. The men spent several months in jail before they were cleared.

"Nothing should undermine the confidence in the system," Cass County District Judge Randall Rehmeier said after reading excerpts from letters written by the two men.

Rehmeier, who could have sentenced Kofoed to probation or a maximum of five years in prison, said the seriousness of the crime merited prison.

"I think there is some poetic justice to the sentence," special prosecutor Clarence Mock said, noting that Kofoed must spend 10 months in prison — roughly the combined total that Matthew Livers and Nicholas Sampson spent behind bars — before he is eligible for parole.

Don't these guys watch those CSI t.v. shows?

edit to add smiley

[edit on 1-6-2010 by baddmove]

[edit on 1-6-2010 by baddmove]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
*facepalm* my god...why are people this foolish....I have never understood the ultimate drive behind this....humans are just to short sighted and always seek the quickest rewards -.-

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Dennislp3

Yep, i was face palming too when i read that story,

i mean. c'mon, don't these people actually do this for a living?

how stupid can you really be?

join