It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coke and Mentos ROCKET CAR! On video!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   

This is either #1 a really great look into alternative energy sources or #2 a REALLY AWESOME use of coke and mentos!!!

I hope this encourages my fellow ATS'ers to go and make their own Coke and Mentos inventions, take video of them and post them on ATS for us all to enjoy and me in awe of!

[edit on 6/1/2010 by YourPopRock]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Love it!

I was expecting a car about the size of a 2 litre coke bottle!

I know that coke zero gives a better 'bang' than normal coke. (thanks kids)

Needs more restriction to go further/faster.

Wondering how far UP you could go...

Time to buy the kids some coke and mentos.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
That's a lot of work to go 221 feet. Creative though.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
So, if that many mentos went 221 feet, how many would it take to go 221 MILES???

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
That's about... ah... half an inch per gallon or somewhere in that range -- not to mention the chemical spill trail behind it.

My Altima gets 30 mpg. I'm not converting it just yet, thanks.

Still, it gives a cool idea for some of the science classes I'll teach in the future!

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
That's about... ah... half an inch per gallon or somewhere in that range -- not to mention the chemical spill trail behind it.

My Altima gets 30 mpg. I'm not converting it just yet, thanks.

Still, it gives a cool idea for some of the science classes I'll teach in the future!

You are assuming that all of the coke is expelled in the effort. It MAY get up to 3/4 of a inch per gallon!

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
It would have gone farther if he had released the car sooner, it spent a second or so locked down splashing coke against the shield.

Anyone figure out how they managed to get all the mentos into all the coke bottles at once? I saw then push something back right before the spray started coming out but I didn't understand how that dropped the mentos in, if that's what it did.

If they use coke zero does that make it anything like zero point energy?

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I agree that it looks as if a good amount of the initial power was wasted by not releasing the car sooner.

If you watch the video closely you can see how they got the mentos to drop in at once using the pistons being pushed against the backstop.

I want to see some ats'ers do some coke & mentos stuff and post it on here, that would be fun!

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by YourPopRock
I agree that it looks as if a good amount of the initial power was wasted by not releasing the car sooner.

If you watch the video closely you can see how they got the mentos to drop in at once using the pistons being pushed against the backstop.

I want to see some ats'ers do some coke & mentos stuff and post it on here, that would be fun!

At 38s I see them dropping the mentos in the cap attachment part, then at 39s I see the cap attachment part being screwed on the bottles, so what keeps the mentos from falling into the bottle right there at 39s?

There's a step they're not showing us.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I think drilling a hole in the top of the cap and threading kite string through it to hold the mentos long enough to put the cap back on seems to work well for the times I have played with it.

I have no idea how to drop that many at once though.

I still wanna see if anyone on ATS has the guts to try even a small mentos and coke experiment, take a video of it and post it on here.

ATS Science!!!!!

new topics

top topics

join