It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel rejects calls for independent probe

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

I'm guessing your definition of missiles is like the current US goverment's definition of WMD, ie: pipe bombs..

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

Of course they are afraid of the truth coming out, BUT GUESS WHAT NETANYAHU, IT ALREADY CAME OUT and even if all the zionists shills on the internet post their lies 24/7 IT WON'T WORK.

www.jpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

A prime example of why this was the right choice - why bother to allow a probe when you've already been convicted in the minds of the jury? No way at all that Israel would get a fair and impartial hearing, and this post illustrates that fact beautifully. They were convicted of wrongdoing within 15 minutes of the story having broken, before ANY evidence other than a hearsay report was brought forth.

You've already convicted them WITHOUT a hearing, even to the point of ignoring and discounting out of hand any evidence they've presented in their defense. Why go through the motions now?

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   

I have to agree with you totally on this, the Israelis are our only allies (at least until Obama insulted them) and the only one with the guts to still stand up to Islam.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by SpectreDC

yeah, thats the way to win an discussion, accuse dolphin of being a shill for israel, when in all honesty you sound like a shill for palestine. what an easy way to win by simply denouncing the opinions you don't like by accusing the opposing view of being in bed with the country of your disliking. deny ignorance. LOOK AT ALL THE VIDEOS OF THIS EVENT, then tell us how evil israel is with a straight face, i dont think you can if you are an honest person.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by virgom129

are you joking?!

seriously, what alternate universe have you come from that hamas only has pipe bombs! one would have to live under a rock to not know the extent of attacks that hamas has waged against israel WITH ROCKETS, not to mention all the other ordinance used by the terrorist that plague israel..................

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Eagleheart56

I have to agree with you totally on this, the Israelis are our only allies

How do you figure that? It's just insulting and really diminishes the sacrifices of my own country and many others.

Please try to research a bit before making responses.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
They ran a blockade they are lucky more did not die. America would of done the SAME EXACT thing in Israel's shoes so seriously stop being drama queens.

People die it's a fact of life, if they didn't want to risk their lives they should of never attempted to ILLEGALLY cross a blockade. Israel was well within it's rights to do what it did.

Yes, YOU CAN in fact enforce a blockade in international waters, get educated please. You come off as someone with barely a second grade education. Israel has always been a strong ally and supporter of the United States, they are ENTITLED to that very same treatment.

They weren't peacefully protesting, they had WEAPONS they possessed Knives and axe handles and were assaulting the commandos, the commandos had a right to defend them self from harm. Here's an idea, stop the boat after the fifth warning and allow for inspection or DON'T ENTER GAZA. You see how easy that would of been? How it would of avoided all of this? The protesters are the ones in the wrong.

I find it ironic the very people who made it their motto to "deny ignorance" are the SAME ONES spewing this disinformation in an attempt to turn support away from Israel due to their own racism towards Jews.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by mjsmor
are you joking?!

seriously, what alternate universe have you come from that hamas only has pipe bombs! one would have to live under a rock to not know the extent of attacks that hamas has waged against israel WITH ROCKETS, not to mention all the other ordinance used by the terrorist that plague israel..................

Are you joking??

Seriously, what alternate universe have you come from thinking that any blockaded community wouldn't do the same and worse than what Palestine is doing in response.

One would have to live under a rock to not understand that every human being on this planet wants freedom, and destroying a state's economy, all their businesses and factories destroyed and blockading all imports and exports.... this is called destabalizing a region.

You know what happens when you destabalize a region right?

Naomi Klein

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Of course Israel will reject an independent investigation. They don't play by the rules that the rest of the world is forced to because they believe they are a law unto themselves. Completely beyond reproach. That's why the rest of the world must consciously object.. and keep objecting until they are finally tried as the criminals they are.

Anyone who buys into their BS needs to get an MRI on their head!

IRM

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
The article appears highly misleading. And the title of it, to be blunt and misleading.

I'm anti-Zion and anti-Israeli government. I'm not exactly opposed to an independant state. But they want to have as much power as the United States, Russia, or China. Without any of the responsibility, or quasi-ethics to run a sovereign state.

The blockade may have burdened Gaza, and I deeply feel for the Palestinians and all victims of genocide at the hands of Israel. But Israel does have valid concerns for their blockade, and were not opposed it seems to allowing the ships contents through after inspection.

The activists appear to have intentionally pushed Israel into attacking them. Israel should have waited till it entered their waters. They would have had a more obvious position in the right.

Israel has every right to reject a call to end it's naval blockade, especially during tensions this high. No matter how you feel about the people or country.

However, I have seen some members of their government who weren't opposed to an independant investigation at all...

They just refuse to end the blockade. Use the border in Egypt. Egypt is a cool country, semi-nice guys.

So let Israel dig its hole in isolationism. We (Americans) should encourage Palestine to develop relations with Egypt. It would do them both good.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
It would be nice to see the international community force through the investigation with or without the usa's help.
Of course we all know what that would lead to don't we....

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

Originally posted by Vitchilo

Of course they are afraid of the truth coming out, BUT GUESS WHAT NETANYAHU, IT ALREADY CAME OUT and even if all the zionists shills on the internet post their lies 24/7 IT WON'T WORK.

www.jpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

A prime example of why this was the right choice - why bother to allow a probe when you've already been convicted in the minds of the jury? No way at all that Israel would get a fair and impartial hearing, and this post illustrates that fact beautifully. They were convicted of wrongdoing within 15 minutes of the story having broken, before ANY evidence other than a hearsay report was brought forth.

You've already convicted them WITHOUT a hearing, even to the point of ignoring and discounting out of hand any evidence they've presented in their defense. Why go through the motions now?

Hello,

The reasons for an independent probe is to 1- Let the subjected parties know at face value that what they chose to do was WRONG.

And 2- An independent probe will expose the lack of integrity of parties being subjected to an independent probe; because they are not to be TRUSTED.

The Israelis have been digging their own grave since being usurped by Zionists, who BTW are not Semitic, and still sleep in same wedding chamber.

The sooner Israel abolishes Zionism, the sooner they can begin to enjoy a sense of peace, IMO.

www.threeworldwars.com...

Edit to add link

[edit on (6/2/1010 by loveguy]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
There's no need for an investigation. The Israelis have already been convicted. Why go through the trouble of a kangaroo court? We already know what the findings will be.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by virgom129

I'm guessing your definition of missiles is like the current US goverment's definition of WMD, ie: pipe bombs..

Haha, that was hilarious when Danny Ayalon said the flotilla were carrying terrorists & WMD's. Even more ridiculous is the Israeli ambassador to the US calling the raid equivalent to world war 2 raids on Japanese ships.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I find it ironic that when this "raid" happened, all the Israel apologists screamed from the rooftops "If the aid ships had nothing to hide they should have let the IDF inspect them".

Yet here is Israel being asked to allow an independent inspection and they flat out object.

Irony?

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by dolphinfan
They should tell them to stick the probe. They have a blockade. If folks don't like it, take out the blockade. Quit pushing nonsense probes and "resolutions" about and take action if you're so GD serious about it. That won't happen because none of these folks has the stones to do anything but make pronoucements and push for resolutions.

Israel needs to hold firm. Personally, I don't think they should let anything into Gaza. Nothing. See how long Hamas can hold on with a complete blockade.

What is it, some 7000 missiles Hamas has sent over into Israel? The problem with Israel is that they should have crushed these folks like bugs years ago. They never should have set the precedent that they were going to treat these folks like annoying children.

Personally, we should establish an international blockade against Israel. We'll see how long THOSE annoying children would last without their precious aid! Any country against this latest atrocity should send their navy to sit in international waters off Israel and turn back any and every ship appraoching Israel with cargo.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Never forget.

Keeping the Warsaw Ghetto in starvation is necessary for the survival of the Reich!

Er, I mean... Keeping humanitarian aid out of Gaza is necessary for the survival of the Israel!

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gakus
They ran a blockade they are lucky more did not die. America would of done the SAME EXACT thing in Israel's shoes so seriously stop being drama queens.

People die it's a fact of life, if they didn't want to risk their lives they should of never attempted to ILLEGALLY cross a blockade. Israel was well within it's rights to do what it did.

Yes, YOU CAN in fact enforce a blockade in international waters, get educated please. You come off as someone with barely a second grade education. Israel has always been a strong ally and supporter of the United States, they are ENTITLED to that very same treatment.

They weren't peacefully protesting, they had WEAPONS they possessed Knives and axe handles and were assaulting the commandos, the commandos had a right to defend them self from harm. Here's an idea, stop the boat after the fifth warning and allow for inspection or DON'T ENTER GAZA. You see how easy that would of been? How it would of avoided all of this? The protesters are the ones in the wrong.

I find it ironic the very people who made it their motto to "deny ignorance" are the SAME ONES spewing this disinformation in an attempt to turn support away from Israel due to their own racism towards Jews.

DOH! There it is! Since "Anti-Semite" no longer works, we have to resort to the term "Racism".
Shame on you! The only racists in this whole thing are the zionist jews' racism against the Palestinians.

Here's a better idea if Israel wants to prevent their "Commandos" from getting their feelings hurt - DON'T BOARD SOVEREIGN VESSELS IN INTERNATIONAL WATERS!!!

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
For the most part this has always seemed to be a fairly intelligent group of individuals, so I
am hoping I can get a little help to understanding this situation a little better.

Let's say that China saw fit to call in the indebtedness of the USA. Not long after doing this
they declare that since they can now "control" what goes on here they will give the state of
New Jersey to a group of people from Bulgaria.

These people move in to Newark and demand that all Americans will have to move out. Soon
more people move in and require more land. They want to start farms but don't want to grow
the same things the current residents have planted, so they simply burn the fields. A few of
the ignorant, hard headed Americans who live there refuse to move, so they are simply labeled
as terrorists bombed into submission and forcibly relocated to the south shore.

It is then noticed that the south shore would make a good resort location, so the new occupants
of New Jersey decide to force them out. Since they have no will nor way of moving any further,
the new occupants decide to set-up a blockaid inorder to break their will or let them starve.

Now, a few sympathetic citizens of other states finnally but together a group supply ships and try
to bring some relief to these poor suppressed people. Of course, they must run the blockaid in
order to deliver these supplies, and when they do they are attacked.

I know this is a totally hypothetical situation and could never happen in the world of reality, but I thought it might be an interesting question.

NOW ! Would someone please explain to me just who is on the right and who is on the wrong sides of this situation???

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I am certainly not anti-Israeli but this incident does not look good to the rest of the world. Unless the blockade was sanctioned by the U.N. it is illegal regardless of one's rationale behind it. Literally it then becomes piracy.

One poster listed the thousands of missiles fired into Israel yet, for all the effort, eight Israeli's died from them in 2008. 22 Israeli's died from Palestinian aggression the same year. Yet during that period of time, nearly 1000 Palestinians were killed by the IDF.

upload.wikimedia.org...

To put it into perspective, more Americans die in a day from inner-city violence than Israeli's do from Palestinians in a year. Yet, using Israel's model for dealing with it, we should be fire bombing entire U.S. city blocks to counter this. There appears to be a stark imbalance between the problem and the cure and this attack on a ship of unarmed people seems to illustrate that to the entire world.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join