It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel rejects calls for independent probe

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Israel rejects calls for independent probe

www.jpost.com

Israel on Tuesday night rejected international calls to end its naval blockade of Gaza and to launch an “independent” investigation into the death of at least nine activists during an IDF raid of the Mavi Marmara passenger ship, which was part of a flotilla that aimed to break that closure.

“It’s important to understand that this [blockade] is essential to protect Israel’s security and its right to defend itself,” Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu told a special meeting of the diplomatic-security cabinet in Jerusalem.
(visit the link for the full news article)

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Right from the horse's mouth.

This is just one more proof the Israeli leadership is full of crooks and war criminals.

Lieberman is under investigation by police because of corruption, Olmert too, and Netanyahu and Ehud Barak are doing that kind of thing then refusing an INDEPENDENT PROBE...

Of course they are afraid of the truth coming out, BUT GUESS WHAT NETANYAHU, IT ALREADY CAME OUT and even if all the zionists shills on the internet post their lies 24/7 IT WON'T WORK.

www.jpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

This is just one more proof the Israeli leadership is full of crooks and war criminals.

I don't know about that.

Independent probes and reviews are the bane of governments all over the world. They might find something you don't want them to.

Much better to appoint a quango and then wait on them to release a report, most of which you'll redact in the interests of national security. The rest won't make much sense and won't be able to make any definitive findings one way or the other.

Then you can quietly release the report a few years later, and most people won't even notice.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

You know Exactly how this will play out.

Israel will find some Mid-Level grunt to put the blame on.

He will be reprimanded with 2 weeks suspension - with pay of course.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sean48

You know Exactly how this will play out.

Israel will find some Mid-Level grunt to put the blame on.

He will be reprimanded with 2 weeks suspension - with pay of course.

Nah..too simplistic...maybe in the U.S. Los Angeles police department but not Israel....they don't put blame on their own. Even if they did this time it wouldn't be enough. The answer is Lift It, and the question is what about the blockade. "It's the Blockade, stupid"

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by belial259
Independent probes and reviews are the bane of governments all over the world. They might find something you don't want them to.

Especially if you have something to hide.
That of course would be the point of an independent probe anyway.

If you believe you acted lawfully during such an international disaster that ended the lives of between 9-20 (or more) foreign citizens, then the probe shouldn't be a problem.

It would be the LEAST you could allow and show some level of international respect and diplomacy.

No.
It's not going to happen.

- Lee

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   

They should tell them to stick the probe. They have a blockade. If folks don't like it, take out the blockade. Quit pushing nonsense probes and "resolutions" about and take action if you're so GD serious about it. That won't happen because none of these folks has the stones to do anything but make pronoucements and push for resolutions.

Israel needs to hold firm. Personally, I don't think they should let anything into Gaza. Nothing. See how long Hamas can hold on with a complete blockade.

What is it, some 7000 missiles Hamas has sent over into Israel? The problem with Israel is that they should have crushed these folks like bugs years ago. They never should have set the precedent that they were going to treat these folks like annoying children.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by dolphinfan

They should tell them to stick the probe. They have a blockade. If folks don't like it, take out the blockade. Quit pushing nonsense probes and "resolutions" about and take action if you're so GD serious about it. That won't happen because none of these folks has the stones to do anything but make pronoucements and push for resolutions.

Israel needs to hold firm. Personally, I don't think they should let anything into Gaza. Nothing. See how long Hamas can hold on with a complete blockade.

What is it, some 7000 missiles Hamas has sent over into Israel? The problem with Israel is that they should have crushed these folks like bugs years ago. They never should have set the precedent that they were going to treat these folks like annoying children.

Sure complete blockade... Don't forget there are innocent men women and children there. Are you advocating israel turning gaza into I dunno maybe an auschwitz??? Just starve those evil children to death!

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpectreDC

I smell Israeli Internet Defense Force.

How's it going? Busy?

Ohh is that what he is? I was thinking either that or one of the megaphone blabbers. He is rabidly pro israeli, as well as a racist and bigot! I've read that Egypt has ended their blockade of gaza in light of israels reprehensible attack of the flotilla

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by azrael36

What I am suggesting is that a blockade is an act of war. The whole business in the middle east is excerbated by half measures. Blockade Gaza and let Hamas sue for peace. If that causes other folks to step into the fray and it escalates, then it escalates. The business over the past 60 years does not and will not work.

You have Hamas hiding out in hospitals, schools, old folks homes and lobbing missiles into Israel. They can not fight these folks in the manner they have been fighting them and neither party is interested in a negotiated peace that is negotiated from a position of parity. One party has to be in the drivers seat and someone needs to admit defeat.

If you are going to blockade someone, blockade them. If you're not willing to do it all the way, then don't do it at all

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by belial259

Originally posted by Vitchilo

I don't know about that.

Yes, thats exactly the point isnt it?
Finding out the truth of the situation, the truth the government in question DOESNT want you to know?

[edit on 2-6-2010 by Agit8dChop]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Gee I wonder how eager Israel would be for a probe if this was an Humanitarian aid ship going to Israel, and an Iranian police force decided to do the same as Israel's done...or even just jabber-jawed them from their ships...not even going aboard?

EDIT: Indeed, if the table were turned, the American Media Monster would be all over this like white on rice! How much more pathetic does it get before all hell breaks loose and we're completely done with all this penis wagging?!?

Color me DISGUSTED!

[edit on 2-6-2010 by lagnar]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Granted I am not that "up" on the entire situation, but if the hate that has been posted on the threads here is any indication of the hate present at the site; I don't blame Israel for not allowing an independent anything..

There have been posts on threads around here calling for the destruction of the entire country..

Sad...

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkangel831
Granted I am not that "up" on the entire situation, but if the hate that has been posted on the threads here is any indication of the hate present at the site; I don't blame Israel for not allowing an independent anything..

There have been posts on threads around here calling for the destruction of the entire country..

Sad...

You might want to get "up" on this before you judge.

Let's see ... no Israeli deaths, nine activist dead.

Ya , your right , poor poor misunderstood Israel.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Sean48

Are you saying that justifies the hatred?

Do YOU know all the facts?

Where you there?

Hate only hurts the hater...

You can be against someones actions without hating or wishing their destruction...

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Sean48

It might make folks think twice before plying their activism in a war zone. If someone wants to put themselves at risk and work to run a blockade bringing material into a region rife with terrorists, they take the step with full knowledge of the danger involved.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   

It might make folks think twice before plying their activism in a war zone. If someone wants to put themselves at risk and work to run a blockade bringing material into a region rife with terrorists, they take the step with full knowledge of the danger involved.

Let's look at this from a different angle.

England's response was to call for a removal of the Blockade.

What do you think will happen if the next Aid Ships are from England,

with support of the Royal Navy?

You think Israel will try to stop them?

No Way.

Israel only puffs it's chest , with a weaker opponent

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Israel has had a blockade around Gaza for about 4 years almost. In that time they have bombed all the houses down, kept them in poverty and hunger without any hope. They don't let anyone even bring concrete to Gaza so that they could rebuild their homes, schools and hospitals and then these people wonder why Gaza is such a hotbed for "terrorist" activity.

The real terrorist in the Gaza situation are the Israelis! They have an illegal blockade of a country they don't occupy. They say they don't occupy it because due to international law they'd be accountable for the wellfare of the people living there. That would mean the deaths and the injustice incurring on that concentration camp they are currently holding could be blamed on them.

And yes it's a concentration camp 139 sq miles and 1.5 million people held up without homes surrounded by huge concrete walls and military on all sides. At least Egypt was now decent enough to stop the blockade when they noticed the uproar in the international community.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkangel831

Hate only hurts the hater...

This part of your post made me smile.

Reminded me of the scene from the movie Red Dawn, when the Old Pilot tells

the young kid , "All that hate gonna burn you up."

Kid replies "It keeps me warm"

To your post .. I wasn't there.

But no one is disputing the deaths reported.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join