It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese hiding three million babies a year

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Chinese hiding three million babies a year

www.telegraph.co.uk

As many as three million Chinese babies are hidden by their parents every year in order to get around the country’s one-child policy, a researcher has discovered.

"I am the biggest offender against the one-child policy in China!" laughed Fu Yang, a wiry and energetic 47-year-old man, as he fidgeted and poured tea. "I had seven daughters in just ten years."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
And we wonder why China's population is so high. Just this one guy, Mr. Fu, had 7 girls in 10 years which will probably go on to have multiple kids themselves. Apparently China's 1 child policy has worked much like the contrived War on Drugs here in America, instead on reducing the problem, it increases and compounds to the breaking point. I guess this is just another example that prohibition does not work...

www.telegraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Good for Mr. Fu. They have to hide babies/pregnant femals in china. They have state mandated abortions against a persons will. Especially when the baby is female.

Im pretty sure prohibiting procreation isnt equivalent to drugs/alcohol.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by UndergroundMilitia

Dear UndergroundMilitia

The population of China is around 1.2 billion.

So most people will understand that this in it’s self is a problem for the Chinese Authorities.

Another problems is with the Chinese that they must produce a boy child to carry on the family name. This is like a pelage with them.

I visit china quite often and know people there. Hidden girl babies is only part of the problem. The US people do a really good job in adopting unwanted Chinese girl babies.

In a few years time this in it’s self will be a problem for young Chinese men because they will not be able to find a bride.

All in all it is a real big problem and I for one am glad that it is not my job to sort it out. Although I do have some ideas.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by MAC269

In a few years time this in it’s self will be a problem for young Chinese men because they will not be able to find a bride.

A (1999) study put the number at 1 million Chinese men unable to wed ... a more recent study (2007) has it at 30 million by year (2020) give or take ... The problem is here, not some time in the future.

[edit on 1-6-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Dear LadySkadi

Ok I had not looked at official documents on it I had just used my brain to figure that it was going to be a problem and as you say it already is.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by UndergroundMilitia

Dear UndergroundMilitia

There is an interesting book by Tom Clancy that covers part of this problem called The Bear and the Dragon. Indeed population and the size of it everywhere is one of the biggest problems facing authorities world wide.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Well, I believe it's the right of any one person to be able to reproduce how and when they see fit to do so, regardless of how the government feels about it, or any other person for that matter..

However, what is wrong with these people man.. Why do they have so many kids? It's ridiculous.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by SyphonX
Well, I believe it's the right of any one person to be able to reproduce how and when they see fit to do so, regardless of how the government feels about it, or any other person for that matter..

However, what is wrong with these people man.. Why do they have so many kids? It's ridiculous.

If I am not mistaken, SyphonX, the Chinese are a very family oriented culture.

So how does that fit with a Government that dictates that they can only have 1 child?

Why do you think many religions are not allowed in China? Christians and especially Catholics would go mad living in that country.

I hope a more suitable solution is found for the Chinese.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Cygnis

Dear Cygnis

From Cygnis “Why do you think many religions are not allowed in China? Christians and especially Catholics would go mad living in that country.”

You really should read the book by Tom Clancy that covers part of this problem called The Bear and the Dragon

It will answer your question about the Catholics there.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by MAC269

Tom Clancy, I've read a few of his books, I do, however, wonder sometimes if what he is writing is fiction or non-fiction because of the depth of some of his "stories".

Explain why you feel Tom Clancy's view, which, as I would understand to be Fictional, to be accurate?

Please note, I'm curious, not combative

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Cygnis

Dear Cygnis

I think Tom Clancy as with many good authors although they write fiction many of the items that surround the story have a basis in fact that is what makes them good.

I read this book a few years ago and certainly fiction but as I said heavily lased with fact or probable possibility.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by SyphonX

The Earth is getting so full of people, and it takes so many resources to raise a child that we might getting to the point where laws become necessary.

I see so many kids nowadays whose parents don't give a care about them, or barely do, or do but can't provide them, and I live in America, a supposed rich country.

People get real sensitive about their reproductive rights but I think you have to admit that lots of people have kids without thinking about how they are gonna take care of them and that's a real real negative thing to do.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by SiKFury
Good for Mr. Fu. They have to hide babies/pregnant femals in china. They have state mandated abortions against a persons will. Especially when the baby is female.

I think the poster meant the results of both actions are comparable... they both have the opposite effect to what they are attempting to achieve, they both exacerbate the situation.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   
the idea is good that China want. But! they go about it the wrong way. they need to educate them and reward them. in the 1800 all low class families had about 10 or more babies. this was because most died. still now they will have lots of babies. we all need to stop. have just two no more.

but then the immigrants come in and spoil it.
they dont get in to china.
because they just kill them.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by and14263

Originally posted by SiKFury

I think the poster meant the results of both actions are comparable... they both have the opposite effect to what they are attempting to achieve, they both exacerbate the situation.

Yes, that's exactly what I meant and thanks for making that point. I guess I could have been a bit clearer in my comparison.

top topics

join