It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The times, they are a-changing -- The stressful days on ATS.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Retseh
If you want to take a look at some of the open racism that is now being allowed to flow freely across these boards, just take a look at the "Irish Ship Runs Israeli Blockade" thread, where genocide of the Israeli people is being openly discussed.

Open discussion denies ignorance. The Thread you mention informs us all of reactionary public feeling when learning that Israel do not trust the rest of the world.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Good advice to heed in this thread.

Im no genius, just a normal work-a-day guy making a decent living. I have a wife and god willing babies on the way. My life is quite good when compared to some of the #e you read about and see out there.

I agree with the posters who have said that the access to information is a big contributing factor. Bad 'stuff' has happened since man decided to come down from the trees, its just that in the last 20 years, the onset of the internet has meant that an unprecedented amount of people find out about it, and have a forum to share views, opinions, perspectives with like (and perhaps un-like) minded individuals. To some extent, this does result in a mob mentality, and we all know that the masses love a good doomsday scenario.

My only concern (granted its a small one) is that it becomes somewhat of a self-fulfilling prophecy, and as more and more people connected through the internet jump on the bandwagon then 'real change' may be effected. But like I say its just a small concern.

My own approach is quite simple really. Worry about what I can change, worry about what I can effect. Be educated and knowledgeable on broader global issues to be capable of holding a conversation, but NEVER assume my opinion to be the right one..

Chillax a bit people, you will live longer! And always always be grateful for what you have in this life... after all you only live once! (Well that is open for debate considering the audience here at ATS.)

P.S. Mods / Admins / Contributors.... Thanks for the site!

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   
we need to get back to the mother earth and listen to what she's saying. we need to get back to caring about one another and helping our neighbors instead of coming home each night, closing our doors off to the world and forgetting how much we need one another.

the world could crumble down around us, but as a people we are strong and we have what it takes to continue. but we can't do it alone.

there are going to be many more things coming this year. we need to be steady, as you say, which is very good advice right now.

as a people we will disagree and have our own opinions, but if we can lay aside our disagreements and come together, we can get through anything.

divided, we fall

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

I could not agree with you more. I have only been around for a very short while, and I try to keep an open mind. What really gets me, and what seems to happen more and more over the last few weeks is that instead of keeping an open mind, before even looking at the facts, people try to debunk the poster's personal life, etc. instead of tackling the topic under discussion.

Oh well, we live in interesting times, and I think it is getting to all of us, but may common sense and hope help us all to survive :-)

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

I sometimes suspect people are so emotionally focused on venting, that they haven’t really taken the time to listen to themselves, or understand their own arguments and contentions, on any real level.

Sometimes people need to be still and listen, asserting a little self control, suppressing ones unquenchable desire to have the last word, some days I only read the post, in fact I do more reading then participating, it is amazing how much one can learn by watching and listening what others have to say,

taken the time to listen to themselves, or understand their own arguments and contentions, on any real level.

How about taking the time to understand the other side of the argument with out berating a person into into silence. That happens a lot.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   

This Catholic morning hymn will assist thee in these times of distress.

Now that the star of light has risen,
Let us to God most humbly pray,
To save us from all hurtful things
in all our actions of the day.

To bridle and restrain our tongue,
That wordy war may not resound,
To cover and protect our sight,
From dangerous follies all around.

To drive iniquity away,
And purify our inmost soul,
And by spare use of meat and drink,
Our rebel passions to control.

That when the day has sped away,
And He again the night shall bring,
We may through holy abstinence,
With purity His glory sing.

All glory to the Father be;
All praise, eternal Son to Thee;
All honour as is ever meet
To God the holy Paraclete.
Amen.

Skeptic, I once again appreciate your calls for civility. They are not without merit. However, civility itself is the greatest casualty in times such as these we are in. This is because the excuse of civility has been used often as the means by which evil doers attempt to minimize the true extent of their crimes and belittle the depth of their underlying depravity. They use the guise of “Political Correctness” as the excuse to emanate the most heinous and insidious of lies.

As you stated, the people are upset, and rightly so. For they have been lied to, abused, and swindled by those in power for many many years with little to no reprisal from their now disgruntled and disillusioned subjects. The people are suffering now, and soon perhaps very terribly as there is little end in sight for the many downward spiraling affairs that the elitist few have forced the trusting many into these many years, and the worst, but most predictable, travesty of all is still yet to come (which I will spare you from realizing for but a moment).

More to follow....

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 04:17 AM
link   
And those in power still to this day refuse to do the tasks appointed to them by their masters, you and I. Still to this day, they do nothing substantial to fix the problems that they themselves have caused. Instead, with all earnest and speed they drive us deeper and deeper into the abyss, all the while still lying, lying, and lying all the more. Ignoring that the sky is now hurtling towards the earth, they mischievously and secretly alter the inputs of the equations that are used to tell the many sheeple all the truths.

And we, the few, the earnest, have been clamoring the words “Wake up you fools” “Do you not see where we are headed?” But the many were well fed and in want of nothing, so they took our words as cries of wolf and turned their eyes away. But the few, learning lessons from history, still heeded the Biblical Ecclesiastes' universal warning, “There is nothing new under the sun.”. So we knew then that what is happening now would come to pass.

The people have every right to be upset and do not fault them for their lack of civility in disseminating the truths of our times that they have be forced by necessity to uncovered and view in all its putridity. For the people are not disposed for the candor of politics when combating the worst truths of life, nor should they be forced too. For true justice is a blind sword, not a set of rose colored glasses. The exposure of the whole truth is a severe and blinding light that exposes all. The image that results from the whole truth is nothing like the flattering and hazy softness of a politically lying filter. Instead, the whole truth is like a laser burning everything in its path that is not pure.

The people want, and must have, the truth and they deserve it. When they receive it and understand it in its entirety they will not be civil in the least. Instead, they will lash out at the guilty with the fervor of an infuriated army at war. Please do not begrudge them for their inflaming comments. For the whole truth is not politically correct. Instead, it is absolutely accusatory. It is absolutely exposing and forces one to assign blame.

The worst crime I will now tell you, for I have now lost track of my original thoughts and it is time for rest. Please forgive me, for the topic itself is illusive, and if one strays from the train of thought for but a moment it is lost for lengthy amounts time.

The worst crime that is soon to be put upon the many is that of further war against innocent neighbors. The best means of controlling a disillusioned peoples is in formulating a massive and formidable army of the people themselves and continually engrossing that army in the never ending complication and expense of meaningless and isolated foreign wars. Every military conflict since Korea has been (I suppose) for the further distraction of the disgruntled many from what their masters at home are doing without thier knowledge. As well, for the continuation of the buildup and support for a massive military infrastructure that could at once be turned against the people if need be. Last, but not least, is for the furtherance of privately owned global economic commodity based monopolies and the fortunes of the elites who control them.

We have been fooled, used, and abused to the deepest degree, and for the longest time!

Our loved ones have died, and their offspring's futures have been squandered for the continuance of the elite's private fortunes and systems of control and manipulation.

When seeing your fellow slaves angry comments and disgruntled objections to their forced plight by those that they trusted, remember the words of Maurice Jolly...

“Do you believe that the subject will keep his promises for long when he sees the sovereign betray his? That he will respect the laws when he knows that the lawgiver has violated them, and continues to violate them every day? Do you believe that a subject will hesitate to embark upon the path of violence, corruption, and fraud when he constantly sees walking there those who are charged with leading him?”

[edit on 5-6-2010 by Hot_Wings]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I think mainly, which, is opinionated which is basically all we have I presume, yet we must have the wisdom, to chose whose opinion, is important, or just someone, or something kicking dust, and recycling opinions from the ages..

The World, is in it present state due, to the complexity, we are putting, upon ourselves, in a singular and plural sense. The demand for complexity from our psyche, is a flaw, and a derived principal in our instincts of survival. Its almost as the test is to see how far we can stretch the rubber band before it snaps. It appears life As in Alive and existing within its core as what it is has this type of element in it. Not only is Life the practicality we all share it seems to be the truest and only thing Normally we value most, and cherish. Yet the question is why? And with the answer we are finding the Truth, to the example of the stressful days of today. The longer we exist, and expand our race the numbers will complicate the, lets not forget the Emotions as well, not all people are the same, think the same, or feel the same, and one ask's how do we all exist when we do not believe or feel the same about things? religion, food, whatever.. Ah but with these answers lies even more intelligence, I can say that life as a human, itself is flawed, and it almost seems, to seem the goal of life is just to die, because their are so many ways to do so. Whether it be hate, accidents, nature, or just the lack of understanding. What puzzles me most these days when I have time to think about it all, is what is all this and why does me, my keyboard, my computer everything all around me exist? Then we ask ourselves what is better, oblivion not knowing the difference and how would that feel, or continue to fumble around in life not understanding anything about it, and watching the complexity continue. What troubles me also is the format of our minds makes it very difficult to co exist, in a peaceful fashion, for example lets look at the western system, capitalism is not fair, and creates emotions. iF WE as a species of life was so intelligent we would have derived a better system, somewhere in our history. It is easy to say how good a system is for life in a singular form but not for all, one does not exist, their will always be emotions vs such, and ignorance. So back to the systematic question, It seems our natural design is to allow all to get complex, and create emotions and make strife once the complexity reaches a point, and henceforth, the violent and unbalanced part of life, we will see evolutions from the survivors of such Complex Cataclysms.. We are reaching another Paramount of this format I believe. Watching the current events of the past shows me a forming structure rising up thru the lack of intelligence and the lack to balance the complexity, which will lead to emotions and violence. As it has time and time and time again..

Yet this is just my opinion..

[edit on 5-6-2010 by Bicent76]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Signs of theTimes. The Silver Lining Our Lord Returning. Truth, Love and True Light, Maya

reply topost by David9176

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
i think we need to realize that there are alot of damn fine people out in this world, regardless of right or left leanings. there are people actively engaged in creating or maximizing fear, and we should step back, take a breath, and work together to stop their poisonous dialog, or worse, destructive action. i find too little of honest, logical, discussion on this board, that pertains to national and international events.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   

These days, a casual glance at the topics displayed on our recent posts page provides a compelling snapshot of the intensely troubling times in which we find ourselves. For those of us who keep track of world and political events (of which I assume are we all who frequent ATS), it can often seem as though the world is falling apart before our eyes.

Recently, the only other people I hear from who see the big picture are at church. And a couple of friends. One friend gets hunf up on global ocean rising in 2012, one gets hung up on details of politics. But at church they see a wide view, and are steadfast in the face of it.
I appreciate this thread.
I think I will do a reading, not on the situation, but on specifics actions those of us who are seeing the forest should take.
My cards are rarely specific as I always have multiple things on my mind at one time, but I will make an effort and if anything truly novel or helpful is revealed, will share, of course.
Love to all.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
# happens. Seems to me the best I can do is spell-out the good and bad times of past, of which, our family suffered (wars, ect), and the future pit-falls that have a pretty-good chance in rearing it's ugly head.
To My Son.

Decoy

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
You are very preceptive, StormDancer

Truth, Love and True Light, Maya

i]reply to post by Stormdancer777

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I hope I will be able to follow those advices. I tremendously feel them to be true, I know this is the right, the good thing to do. Truth and love is the key, fear and passions are dangerous.

May ATS live as long as possible, this is is definitely a beacon we all need in this turbulent period. Thank you to all moderators and creators of the site, may peace and truth be with you.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
So true, thankyou for your words of calm.
I've dipped in and out of this site for a while now and have only just become a member, without taking a breath and coolling my initial reactions down I have leapt in with my opinions of the jewish/israeli/blockade posts and in some respacts I am a bit embarassed about this, while i have my own opinions ,maybe I could have put them across better,or maybe listened a bit more?
I honestly thought I knew a lot before I joined your amazing site and community, naive? hell yeah!
This said, no more ranting, no more instant cries of "racism". I think I will start to listen and learn before shouting out my opinions off the bat.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Well S.O. you are indeed right.

I have been witnessing rising levels of antisemitic, White supremacist persecution complex and pro-Nazi sentiment lately on ATS, and that would make this website a far more intelligent place if they would not show on the front page all the time. Racial hatred should be punished altogether.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
There does seem to be a general tension running through the "atmosphere" of simple daily life.

I sort of get reminded of the idea of collective consciousness, though I know it is a thing that we cannot prove. Called collective consciousness or collective mind theory, it is the idea that somehow we are all subconsciously connected, as in a psychic pool of some kind.

While we also cannot prove in the real "proof" sense in psychic events, I still maintain that people simply are generally psychic, just not in touch with it.

All of that being as it may be, still there is this general level of "uncomfortablity" seemingly "in the air". It seems that any and all postings that touch on events in the world that sort of instantiate this uncomfortability tends to magnify those feelings.

For myself, I think that I have noticed that the part of this that lends more tension, has to do more with emotional import than anything else. By emotional import, I mean the emotional responses that we all have a tendency to attach to events in the world magnifying them past what they really pose as a representation to the mind.

So I have to ask that for any event "X", what is it about the matter that the addition to it of some emotion adds or detracts from it's factual basis? In other words: Is it necessary that emotional content be what is focussed on subconsciously rather than the subject matter? And also, for any given fact, just what effect does liking or not liking it have to do with anything?

What works for me is trying to stand in and maintain the so called 3rd party view. It is very helpful to observe rather than react. It is not always easy, and whenever I allow anything that I read or come in contact with to brush up against me in an unaware and emotional way, I am lost for a few minutes. But keeping the real skeptic alive in me is very helpful.

For those who believe in religion, or the universe, or the corpus of the information given us by all sorts of mystics and etcetera, the answers are provided about allowing all of this collective chaos to get our goats. That information simply says to not worry about it as everything is as it is.

I can only suggest to everyone that gets disproportionally or exceptionally excited about these topics, to take a step back from them and resist the unthinking urge or rather the automatic response in these situations. That is almost intellectual hell... when the mind shuts down like that.

If I only had a true magic wand....

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by teapot
Open discussion denies ignorance. The Thread you mention informs us all of reactionary public feeling when learning that Israel do not trust the rest of the world.

Open discussion does not include posts calling for genocide and calling all Israelis "cockroaches" - perhaps you missed that part, as did the moderators until I shone a flashlight on it.

In my experience, people who defend bigots either are one, or know one.

Choose life.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Yeah, this is something that is probably going to incease from now until the year 2012-2013. I suspect at that point, we as a whole, will either make a turn for the better or the worst. It is certainly interesting times.

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join